Little Muddle

KNP

7 minutes ago, KNP said:

Forgot that one.......but that is slightly different surely!

Running the railcar means that you CAN have a diesel, but don't have to have a horrendous timeshift that would probably result in your branchline having become a cycle path.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 4

7 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Running the railcar means that you CAN have a diesel, but don't have to have a horrendous timeshift that would probably result in your branchline having become a cycle path.

Hi Kevin,

You could always run a modern image version of the layout with the branch as a preserved line?

All you would need for a simple version is a gate across the connection from the mainline to the branch and a couple of lengths of fencing which you make removable for running in normal (1930s) mode.

Then, if you found the idea growing on you , things could progress to a few diesels and the Town Station buildings could have a few modern add ons, such as removable modern signs?

Just saying??

Cheers

Paul

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 30/07/2020 at 10:13, MrWolf said:

He should be fine, that goods train ahead of him hasn't left the section yet. Unless you have an over hasty signalman? 

Or a shunting movement within station limits.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Thanks

I've changed the way I have been taking my pictures recently resulting in getting a sharper and more focused picture.

The camera is still on Post Focus but now on Aperture priority setting with the ISO on auto.

Gone back to the lighting rig set up to give the camera even more light to play with.

This is the set up now.

IMG_1879.jpg.5e143d5460f5b8c72861d782bf6cd8d8.jpg

The funny thing is that the picture seen on the camera was scrapped as I spent so much time setting this all up that I hadn't spotted the front bogie was off the track until I came to work on it....so that was actually six pictures in total deleted because I hadn't checked at the time........!!!!

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Friendly/supportive 12

The techniques you use are clearly effective.  I must complete the ground cover on my locoshed, and borrow the photo lighting stands from work, and then try to copy...

the stand you have has a coiled compact fluorescent?  No flash as well?

ta

Simon

29 minutes ago, KNP said:

Thanks

I've changed the way I have been taking my pictures recently resulting in getting a sharper and more focused picture.

The camera is still on Post Focus but now on Aperture priority setting with the ISO on auto.

Gone back to the lighting rig set up to give the camera even more light to play with.

This is the set up now.

IMG_1879.jpg.5e143d5460f5b8c72861d782bf6cd8d8.jpg

The funny thing is that the picture seen on the camera was scrapped as I spent so much time setting this all up that I hadn't spotted the front bogie was off the track until I came to work on it....so that was actually six pictures in total deleted because I hadn't checked at the time........!!!!

Is it raining?:maninlove:

• Funny 5

11 minutes ago, Simond said:

The techniques you use are clearly effective.  I must complete the ground cover on my locoshed, and borrow the photo lighting stands from work, and then try to copy...

the stand you have has a coiled compact fluorescent?  No flash as well?

ta

Simon

No flash, continuous lighting so easy to set up via the viewfinder to check as you move it about.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 5

• RMweb Gold
33 minutes ago, Worsdell forever said:

We all know it never rains in Muddleshire,

I'm not so sure about that. I'm sure I've seen some rainy photograpsh on here. They could have been tampered with, though, I'm not sure.

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

6 hours ago, KNP said:

None of my pictures are tampered with my dear sir.....they might be 'tweaked' but never tampered with.

Though some say it never rains in Muddleshire

well,

I have actual photographic proof that is does.

imageedit_1_5932016086.gif.8a675ad3e5d5470eb26bfab13460a0ee.gif

Not tampered with...

just 'TWEAKED'

a bit,

slightly, 

but not by much of course.

If your looking for the Train Kevin, It's behind you, on the Viaduct.:good:

• Funny 11

1 hour ago, Mikkel said:

Speaking of umbrellas, is there a story behind the one in this pic?

About a year, 18 mths ago I posted a picture saying someone had left an umbrella on platform 3 and was anybody aware of who the owner was....well I had quite a few so called owners reply but the umbrella is still there........so the actual owner is still unknown!

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold

Ah, I missed that, really must start paying attention. There is so much to follow on here now that I can't quite keep up!

A Google search has found it. You'll be shocked to see that it's 3 years ago:

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

32 minutes ago, Mikkel said:

Ah, I missed that, really must start paying attention. There is so much to follow on here now that I can't quite keep up!

A Google search has found it. You'll be shocked to see that it's 3 years ago:

Wow......doesn't time fly when you are enjoying yourself!

• Like 1
  • Agree 3