Little Muddle

KNP

12 minutes ago, Mikkel said:

That's just excellent.

Thanks

And it’s not finished...

I was just messing about with the iPhone and independent light shining through the window to see what it looked like.....just waiting for some Modelu bits and pieces to arrive

Edited by KNP
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold
On 06/08/2020 at 16:26, MrWolf said:

You also forgot "antithesis", "cathartic" and "zeitgeist"... 

Must try harder. 

Have a look at www.artybollocks.com

I hope that Kevin will forgive me, but those of you who enjoyed artybollocks.com might equally enjoy this - and some of you might even understand it:

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 5

2 hours ago, Tony Teague said:

I hope that Kevin will forgive me, but those of you who enjoyed artybollocks.com might equally enjoy this - and some of you might even understand it:

I am sure that I have worked with that character. There's never a cricket bat handy when you need one!

• Funny 7

3 hours ago, KNP said:

Hmmmm.....

Sorry camera went off to soon!

Or did it????

83092463-A284-4083-83E5-546C08B94BF0.jpeg.66ec6bcc1ab4a39531baee014387ec3a.jpeg

Love that brickwork, I have been planning a locomotive shed and been undecided about interior details or not. That picture has made up my mind. Interior details it is.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 10/08/2020 at 06:24, KNP said:

And it’s not finished ... just waiting for some Modelu bits and pieces to arrive

Can't wait to see what you're adding.  I've already filed this idea for later reference when I have a shed of my own.

Edited by aardvark
forced to come back *much* later and edit out the atrocious spelling
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, phil.c said:

Photoshop

The biggest problem when adding smoke and steam is knowing when to stop as it becomes addictive, sometimes less is more and some fantastic effects can be added, of course we are getting away from real modelling but as I said with my caption in the PS picture, it's just a bit of fun and adds that extra bit of missing realism :D

Edited by phil.c
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

46 minutes ago, phil.c said:

The biggest problem when adding smoke and steam is knowing when to stop as it becomes addictive, sometimes less is more and some fantastic effects can be added, of course we are getting away from real modelling but as I said with my caption in the PS picture, it's just a bit of fun and adds that extra bit of missing realism :D

I assume you use Smoke & Fog brushes?

I use Serif Affinity for which I have download numerous ones but never got around to using them.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, KNP said:

I assume you use Smoke & Fog brushes?

I use Serif Affinity for which I have download numerous ones but never got around to using them.

It will be interesting to see how you get on in Afinity..... 

I would have thought if you use a small brush set on white / grey (combination of) and then set the transparency to say 25%, by using one of the blurred edges brush, you could get some lovely shots.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

That’s really effective.

As @phil.c said though, it’s had to know when to stop. Less is probably more.

However of course, knowing the care you take in selecting your photos in the first place, adding steam to everyone is going to take an age! 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, phil.c said:

Photoshop

Looks good, I use sampled real smoke/steam and then brushes etc to add to, the trick with some shots is to get the smoke behind buildings, lamp posts and under bridges etc

Edited by phil.c
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, phil.c said:

Looks good, I use sampled real smoke/steam and then brushes etc to add to, the trick with some shots is to get the smoke behind buildings, lamp posts and under bridges etc

It's a dangerous road to go down for a railway modeller because there comes a point when it's more about painting than modelling. In the extreme case - why bother modelling it at all? Just paint it.

Everyone has a different idea where the acceptable threshold is between modelling and painting and of course it changes depending on the use of the image.

Personally, I want an image to show the model as I would see it with my own eyes.

Edited by Harlequin
  • Like 1
  • Agree 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1