Little Muddle

KNP

On 12/08/2020 at 10:30, phil.c said:

Naaah! Just Photoshop the flats, dead realistic that way and a lot easier :yahoo:

Yeah, Artist impression of proposed new development for the Planning Department and Local Residents, haha.:D

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 12/08/2020 at 12:51, Alister_G said:

That's true, wasn't thinking. I guess the equivalent would be a cart of some description.

Al.

Or a bonfire to burn the rubbish, so an EXCUSE for MORE SMOKE.:sarcastic:

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Andrew P said:

Or a bonfire to burn the rubbish, so an EXCUSE for MORE SMOKE.:sarcastic:

Or dump it somewhere/anywhere which is common practice today!

Slightly off topic, we have a country park just next to my house, the park has hand carved animals here and there, one area has a badger about four feet long  and a stoat two feet high standing on a tree trunk, the heads have just been chopped off :mad:

• Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

5 minutes ago, phil.c said:

Or dump it somewhere/anywhere which is common practice today!

Slightly off topic, we have a country park just next to my house, the park has hand carved animals here and there, one area has a badger about four feet long  and a stoat two feet high standing on a tree trunk, the heads have just been chopped off :mad:

:offtopic: NEED A VERY ANGRY BUTTON. :angry:

• Like 1
  • Agree 8

Back on Topic, and I always feel the Cottage is the central feature of the whole Layout, it's not a focal point but it IS a focal point if you see what I mean. It just sits there almost un obtrusive and forgotten, but the Layout would have no soul without it.

Superb planning Kevin.:good: 

• Like 2
  • Agree 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

8 minutes ago, KNP said:

Don't worry the cottage will stay so the poster I did way back in in 2017 will not be coming to fruition.

Just to remind people, I posted this and caused a bit of concern....

1173894138_HOUSEFORSALE.jpg.f263981574acc45766c16e9599453653.jpg

Mind you it would give me a great project to do!

Hippy commune? Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll.:dancing:

• Funny 4

17 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Hippy commune? Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll.:dancing:

Times have changed. You might get hippies there, but they will be NIMBYs who decided to lead a more pastoral life and justify the giant 4x4 so that they can still get to the organic aisle at Waitrose in winter and get their spoilt kids to school safely. :wacko:

Edited by MrWolf
  • Agree 5
  • Funny 3

More likely, a visit by a roving "Gypsy" family with horse drawn Caravan, the male head of the family setting up a "rag and bone " collection service(?)

The female members developing a fortune-telling and clothes-peg  selling enterprise calling door-to-door. followed by an inevitable visit by the local plod , and eventual evacuation leaving the derelict property in even worse condition. Could take a whole summer the get the required paperwork to finalise. I'm sure that  John Aherne's legal outfit. ( Quibble and Cuss ) would be delighted to offer advice.

Now, there's a challenge to fill those idle moments during the ongoing pandemic.!

• Like 8

1 hour ago, DonB said:

More likely, a visit by a roving "Gypsy" family with horse drawn Caravan, the male head of the family setting up a "rag and bone " collection service(?)

The female members developing a fortune-telling and clothes-peg  selling enterprise calling door-to-door. followed by an inevitable visit by the local plod , and eventual evacuation leaving the derelict property in even worse condition. Could take a whole summer the get the required paperwork to finalise. I'm sure that  John Aherne's legal outfit. ( Quibble and Cuss ) would be delighted to offer advice.

Now, there's a challenge to fill those idle moments during the ongoing pandemic.!

Don't forget the knife sharpening service!

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

2 hours ago, Malcolm 0-6-0 said:

Quibble and Cuss had a knife sharpening service? Typical lawyers trying drum up business .....

Not quite! But typical lawyer, twisting the meaning of something to suit themselves! :rolleyes::lol:

• Funny 5

3 hours ago, Simond said:

Be not too hard on a noble and learned profession.

but do reflect that if it wasn’t for lawyers, we wouldn’t need lawyers...

And they always seem to still be practicing, one day they will get it right I suppose.:D

• Like 3
  • Funny 4