Little Muddle

KNP

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, KNP said:

Every now and then you take a picture which I look at and think....

That worked.

This, to me, is one of those pictures because you could have been stood by the fence and caught this view.

3084.jpg.7407a8495edc184b2364f64c6a672151.jpg

For me, that works because it shows what you would see in real life "before your very eyes": lamp, signal, water crane and all getting in the way. None of this fretting about composition !

• Like 2
  • Agree 9
  • Friendly/supportive 1

24 minutes ago, St Enodoc said:

For me, that works because it shows what you would see in real life "before your very eyes": lamp, signal, water crane and all getting in the way. None of this fretting about composition !

Totally agree.

You will have noticed by now that this is my type of picture where you have to peer around something to see the main subject.

• Like 5
  • Agree 4

6 hours ago, KNP said:

Totally agree.

You will have noticed by now that this is my type of picture where you have to peer around something to see the main subject.

Just like real life!

Mind you, just be careful what your camera is climbing on top of to get a view, we don't want cameras falling through roofs etc., and causing all sorts of damage!

Trouble is cameras don't get scraped knees, as we did as youths. Instead they get scratched lens- not so easily fixed with TCP (or whatever our mothers applied in the 50s?)

Meanwhile congratulations on Muddling through to 300 pages, here's to the next 300!

Cheers

Paul  

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

The railway in the background is exactly how we usually see it in real life. In perverse contrast, we tend to put the railway in the foreground of our baseboard, and fill the background with scenery or buildings. Kevin's pics look so authentic. 

• Agree 17
  • Thanks 1

It's really quite inspiring. I have been thinking about creating a couple of fictitious private owner wagons for my own layout. The company isn't fictitious, but they didn't have wagons, only horse and cart, which they unloaded onto GW and LNW wagons. I had thought that I would paint them plain black with white lettering and hadn't yet given much thought to how and where to get the transfers made.

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1