Little Muddle

KNP

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, KNP said:

Not bloke, a scarecrow......!

A frightening scarecrow!

One that makes you look into the shadows at the sound of a rustling, dragging, moaning sound...

What are they talking about?

They are sure it moved?
It is now wearing a smile, a wicked crooked one with a noticeable cold, soulless glint in its one eye....

216CD3AB-DF5C-4132-934E-1B060298CD3B.jpeg.c4846775b6daf885c5ac602293e24fd8.jpeg

Didn’t know railway modelling could be so frightening, scared to go the room now without the light on!!!!!

He doesn't look much like Jon Pertwee.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 5

It's not Rudolf Hess, the eyebrows aren't scary enough.

They might not scare off the crows, but Nazi scarecrows would freak out the trendy sanctimonious vegans down on the local allotment.

Edited by MrWolf
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 2

27 minutes ago, Tallpaul69 said:

Or could it be the CPO, who got thrown overboard when the ship hit Little Muddle Quay??

What a Lark, Eh?? 

In this instance CPO means -

Current Placed Object....

• Funny 2

3 minutes ago, Mick Bonwick said:

Or:

Characteristcally Photographing Objectively

Completely Paralysed Operative

Constructively Progressing Outdoors

Sorry -No!

Try Chief Petty Officer!

I did give you all a clue with the "Lark" reference- meaning Navy Lark in which Jon Pertwee was the CPO- and Leslie Phillips the Sub!

Good job I didn't go for a Doctor (Who ) line, that would have got you all in a spin(ning Police Box)!!

Sorry, I'll try to be serious in future?

Regards

Paul

• Friendly/supportive 2

2 minutes ago, Mick Bonwick said:

Yes, Paul, I got that - hence my laughing icon response.

Don't be serious, whatever you do.

I wondered if you and Kevin got it, hence also my laughing icons to both of your replies!

I agree, we need a bit of light relief even in the middle of a serious hobby!  

By the way, we had a second earthquake here late Sunday night - no damage!

Regards

Paul

3 minutes ago, Mick Bonwick said:

Kevin had already done that. Do try and keep up. :D

Oops!! Maybe its me that's in a spin then?

• Friendly/supportive 1

Does anyone know for certain what colour the inside of GWR cabs were painted? Most I have seen appear to be black, as your model, but I have seen a number of models with closed cabs or early locos with the interior painted a dark cream colour. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

When painting the interior of a loco I try to find a suitable picture.

Here I used an actual one of the preserved loco Bradley Manor which I used as a guide.

I say guide as some of the details where different but not enough to cause an issue (to me) at this scale.

The main colour is my normal BlackGrey shade.

90EEBBB6-0035-413C-BE24-F8A721798253.jpeg.1cda5eae2f761a38e03a07430bc079a2.jpeg

Excuse the poor quality but I took a picture of the computer screen as I was to tight to print one off....

Edited by KNP
  • Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, MrWolf said:

Does anyone know for certain what colour the inside of GWR cabs were painted? Most I have seen appear to be black, as your model, but I have seen a number of models with closed cabs or early locos with the interior painted a dark cream colour. 

In al the pictures in the book I've  seen they seem to be black and white but then so do the locos too

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1

11 hours ago, MrWolf said:

I believe all loco cabs were green, inside and out, in GW days.  Boiler in metal-sheen-black-steel.

one reference here.  http://www.gwr.org.uk/liveriesloco1906.html

I believe both Alan Brackenborough and Malcolm Mitchell did painting guides, but I can’t put my hand on them now.  Otherwise, Didcot or Pendon museums can provide more certainty.

atb

Simon

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
54 minutes ago, Simond said:

I believe all loco cabs were green, inside and out, in GW days.  Boiler in metal-sheen-black-steel.

one reference here.  http://www.gwr.org.uk/liveriesloco1906.html

I believe both Alan Brackenborough and Malcolm Mitchell did painting guides, but I can’t put my hand on them now.  Otherwise, Didcot or Pendon museums can provide more certainty.

atb

Simon

Yes. The Great Western Way (2nd edition) says that in this period cabs were "Mid Chrome Green" (Loco Green) inside, including the inside of the roof. The footplate was black except timber areas, which were left natural.

Much earlier (pre-1906) it refers to a report of the cab interior being painted "Vermilion" (China Red) up to the top of the splashers, with black and orange lining at the junction with the green above! Much more fancy!

Edited by Harlequin
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 6

• RMweb Premium
22 hours ago, KNP said:

Not bloke, a scarecrow......!

A frightening scarecrow!

One that makes you look into the shadows at the sound of a rustling, dragging, moaning sound...

What are they talking about?

They are sure it moved?
It is now wearing a smile, a wicked crooked one with a noticeable cold, soulless glint in its one eye....

216CD3AB-DF5C-4132-934E-1B060298CD3B.jpeg.c4846775b6daf885c5ac602293e24fd8.jpeg

Didn’t know railway modelling could be so frightening, scared to go the room now without the light on!!!!!

I don't see a problem. He seems to be more or less armless.

• Like 1
  • Funny 3