Little Muddle

KNP

One of the few bits I can remember from the children's book Worzel Gummidge, was the part where he was told that his hands were filthy and needed a wash. His reply was: "They're not that dirty, you can still see the shape of 'em!"

• Like 1
  • Funny 5

49 minutes ago, Ponthir28 said:

Has that Dean goods gone backwards? Lovely photo as always.

Yes.....it is posing!

Moved back to get in shot...... or more likely they have been posted out of sequence!

• Friendly/supportive 5

On 15/09/2020 at 19:44, KNP said:

When painting the interior of a loco I try to find a suitable picture.

Here I used an actual one of the preserved loco Bradley Manor which I used as a guide.

I say guide as some of the details where different but not enough to cause an issue (to me) at this scale.

The main colour is my normal BlackGrey shade.

90EEBBB6-0035-413C-BE24-F8A721798253.jpeg.1cda5eae2f761a38e03a07430bc079a2.jpeg

Excuse the poor quality but I took a picture of the computer screen as I was to tight to print one off....

Hi Kevin

Sorry to correct the photograph, but I don't believe this is 7802, Manors were fitted with a screw reverser, I suspect this could be 2807 as it appears to be a Churchward cab (no side windows).

The only caveat I would say about the cab interior colours is that the backhead plating may be black, along with the footplate metalwork.

• Informative/Useful 6

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, gz3xzf said:

but I don't believe this is 7802, Manors were fitted with a screw reverser, I suspect this could be 2807

So, as Eric Morecambe might have said, Kevin's got all the right digits but not necessarily in the right order.

• Funny 10

• RMweb Gold

This is 7828 Odney Manor at one of the recent WSR open days:

398786451_7828OdneyManorCab.png.762eb08cd07be6447ca095a784a6333f.png

Sorry, not the best photo and take it with a pinch of salt because, (a.) it's one of the 1950s BR-built versions and (b.) it's in preservation livery.

I've only just noticed the helpfully labelled Whistle chains - "Whistle" and "Brake Whistle"... Interesting...

Edited by Harlequin
  • Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 3

38 minutes ago, KNP said:

And the Squadron Leader is up and about.

Decided to catch some of the action, or lack of, of the Collett waiting at the signal

P1140608.JPG.bb06fe1316e84c97f74c9298bfc12c86.JPG

Kevin I recon this would look amazing in Sepia or Black and white, as would have been taken by an Aviator back in the day.

Still a cracking pic though.:good:

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

21 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Poor old Jim.:rolleyes:

I heard of someone who had named their toilet Jim: he would tell people that he was up early to go to the Jim.

Edited by aardvark
that -> who: well, what do you expect from an Australian?
  • Funny 5