Little Muddle

KNP

4 hours ago, KNP said:

'And the train arriving at Platform 1 is the (much) delayed local service from Encombe Town'

3129.jpg.591da83af691779088e8385dd9a1667c.jpg

Chap in tweeds "I say Station Master I know you people in the west have a reputation for slow bucolic ways but 5 days I've standing here waiting for that train!!!"

Station Master "What, only 5 days sir, you're from off are you? If you are going to be a regular visitor here you must learn to relax a little, we don't rush things here"

Porter "Aaaarrrhhhh

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 4

2 hours ago, KNP said:

And we go back......exciting isn’t it......!

Its an event - not often the real railway ran a Manor tender first, not like these preservation types!

Sorry, speak up, didn't quite catch what you said?

It's a model? are you sure?

Perhaps you are right or this door needs a can of oil, can't quite get it to open!

(stands back waiting for the avalanche of posts citing instances of Manors running passenger trains tender first on the real railway!)

Well up to your usual standard Kevin!!

Me - I'll just get back to the argument discussion with my layout builders about how far you can reach over a baseboard and the easiest way to access loops 4ft away from the operating point when a running disaster strikes.

Take care All,

Best regards

Paul 

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

Will the band be taking up their place at the end of the platform for the big send off?

I think the Stationmaster still has the bunting from King George's coronation in that big cupboard in his office.

Edited by Harlequin
  • Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 4

45 minutes ago, Malcolm 0-6-0 said:

Being the GWR that could be George I ..............

Maybe George IV saw a train or two, but he died in 1830, three years before the GWR was founded. William IV was on the throne by 1833, but even he didn't live long enough to see the first official train run in 1838. 

Maybe that figure on the platform at Little Muddle is the ghost of William IV still waiting for the Royal train? 

(No doubt held in a goods loop somewhere as yet unmodelled)

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, KNP said:

Good morning.

Today is the day of the return trip of 7802....utilising the help of the Squadron Leader here we see the start of the preparations for that.

3131.jpg.2fbf5330f4898d678faf7ea8f8d8046f.jpg

and running around....

3132.jpg.96c8ae6c86c8f80344cbde880b17af41.jpg

The object beginning to couple up to the other end and push the coaches further along the platform ready for any passengers.

And leave room for the band, of course... :wink_mini:

But whoa! Hold on there! We didn't see Bradley Manor in the loco release spur! Wasn't that what the tension was building up to?

• Like 4
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

Photo magic......

The loco didn’t quite fit as the last wheels of the tender just fouled the point blades.

But.....

by lifting the back of the tender whilst no one was looking I was able to realign the wheels and all was well.

Never envisaged a tender loco to run into LM, let alone planned to buy any when planning the layout, thought the Prairie would be the largest.....

Could move the buffers along but I glued them in place after to many accidents when my Grandson was driving (and sometimes me!!!).

Edited by KNP
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 9

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, KNP said:

Today is the day of the return trip of 7802....utilising the help of the Squadron Leader here we see the start of the preparations for that.

"Today" implies a single day - is it going to be a high speed run???

(Or were you just talking about the departure?)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, Tony Teague said:

"Today" implies a single day - is it going to be a high speed run???

(Or were you just talking about the departure?)

Departure? You're a bit premature aren't you, it's only been there for 2 days. Half the intending passengers haven't got to the station yet - they have their expectations that the usual sedate way in which things are done in Little Muddle will continue. They have standards to maintain ...... :rtfm: 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
45 minutes ago, KNP said:

Still moving...

3133.jpg.e4b3ee4a5df26037677989c9baa39f0d.jpg

Same picture just cropped to give different feel....

3134.jpg.0dde0c63397d15ba1eb037c1c73970e8.jpg

I'm glad you cropped the photo.  In the first version the cow looks like it is eating the roof of the shed.  I guess it could be - this little world of yours certainly has some eccentricities!

Edited by Bogie
Typo
  • Like 7
  • Funny 3