Little Muddle

KNP

Oh dear this seems to have sparked the need for a meeting of the Little Muddle Committee for the Overseeing of Kevin's Modelling or LMCOKM (sorry we tried for a snappy acronym but nothing was agreed upon). The Chairman (aaahum... Chairperson) requests that Kevin wait in the corridor while we discuss this matter.........  :rtfm:

We will try to be brief and we assure Kevin that we will have a preliminary draft of our discussions in the fullness of time, so if he can wait patiently until then .........

Would someone please close the door.   

• Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

56 minutes ago, Malcolm 0-6-0 said:

Oh dear this seems to have sparked the need for a meeting of the Little Muddle Committee for the Overseeing of Kevin's Modelling or LMCOKM (sorry we tried for a snappy acronym but nothing was agreed upon). The Chairman (aaahum... Chairperson) requests that Kevin wait in the corridor while we discuss this matter.........  :rtfm:

We will try to be brief and we assure Kevin that we will have a preliminary draft of our discussions in the fullness of time, so if he can wait patiently until then .........

Oh dear.....

Now what have I done....!

• Friendly/supportive 5

1 hour ago, Malcolm 0-6-0 said:

Well Chair what can I say about Kevin's latest attempt, lobster pots not correctly stacked, no puddle on the dinghy very poor indeed and I now hear he's taken to drinking on the job as well. Yes very poor in deed. Not the standard at all that we have become accustomed to by this acclaimed modeler. As to what can be done I'm at a loss and would welcome any suggestions from the rest of the committee.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 2

5 hours ago, Mick Bonwick said:

If I was in your position I would have probably put the lobster pots out of sight. :P

Well Chair I move that the meeting be adjourned whilst we study this latest offering. I believe that refreshments have been laid on and I for one am particularly looking forward to the custard creams and bourbon biscuits with my coffee.

• Funny 7

Now there's a revelation, a committee meeting that has turned into a corporate jolly. Perhaps we can all go away, get one of our minions to collate all the boring stuff then reschedule at a more private and relaxed venue? A spa resort hotel on a golf course perhaps? Don't forget when you put in to the council for your expenses that we all had to fly in by helicopter because of a pile up on the M5, right? Right? Got it?!

• Funny 5

9 hours ago, KNP said:

As a side issue to the meeting that is still dragging going on of the LMCOKM I would like to bring to their attention this slight error for their consideration.....

The final picture may seem acceptable

3150.jpg.bd467dce74d91931cd7645575fe6ed88.jpg

but that was only after some careful cropping.

In order to take the above picture I moved some crates of fish out the way as they where to close to the camera.

What I hadn't spotted was that placing them in the sea along with my clip on magnifying lens was not out of lens shot....

This what I actually took....

3151.jpg.b831edf9fdb1f74f6c401f3e659507e5.jpg

I await your response with baited (get it...!) breath....

My goodness this is more serious than LMCOKM originally thought. I've moved a motion that a separate sub-committee of LMCOKM be created to investigate and report back to the Secretary in reference to the appearance of floating fish crates. This sub-committee will operate under the working name of the LMFFCISC (Little Muddle Floating Fish Crates Investigation Sub-Committee) and all its written submissions will be so marked. These are to be marked Confidential to ensure that no word is leaked to the railway modelling press until a properly prepared media release is drafted and approved.      

It saddens me to have to submit to my fellow committee members this is the sort of thing that can easily, and tragically, happen when people who build model railways are left to their own devices to follow their own rules. I humbly submit that it would never happen in a properly regulated world where creativity is subjected to necessary guidance by individuals selected for their near perfect understanding and humility. We, as a group, are not created to condemn but to temper correction with wisdom and compassion.

Is Kevin still waiting outside, we need to get to the bottom of this immediately ........... 

• Agree 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Premium
52 minutes ago, Malcolm 0-6-0 said:

I humbly submit that it would never happen in a properly regulated world where creativity is subjected to necessary guidance by individuals selected for their near perfect understanding and humility. We, as a group, are not created to condemn but to temper correction with wisdom and compassion.

I thought you said you lived in Melbourne...

• Funny 7

17 hours ago, KNP said:

As a side issue to the meeting that is still dragging going on of the LMCOKM I would like to bring to their attention this slight error for their consideration.....

The final picture may seem acceptable

3150.jpg.bd467dce74d91931cd7645575fe6ed88.jpg

but that was only after some careful cropping.

In order to take the above picture I moved some crates of fish out the way as they where to close to the camera.

What I hadn't spotted was that placing them in the sea along with my clip on magnifying lens was not out of lens shot....

This what I actually took....

3151.jpg.b831edf9fdb1f74f6c401f3e659507e5.jpg

I await your response with baited (get it...!) breath....

Ruddy teenagers, they'll throw anything into the Harbour these days.:nono:

Edited by Andrew P
  • Funny 8

30 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Anti-soçial behaviour in Little Muddle oh dear! Where's PC Plod when you need him.

The Chief Constable was forced to suspend Police Constable Plod pending the results of an enquiry into due to his apparent failure to notice that unruly bands of teenagers were throwing fish crates into the harbour. The Chairman of the Parish Council was reported as saying "This never happened in my day - we just got legless on cider". Whether he was referring to the teenagers or PC Plod is unclear.

In other news the Chairperson of the LMCOKM said "On top of the very public scandal of the lobster pot depiction, this rampant hooliganism involving teenagers, fish crates and apparent inaction by the police is just another example of the collapse of modern values and the Little Muddle way of life!!!!". The Chairperson was so moved that they fell in a faint and had to be carried to the Little Muddle Arms to receive a reviving brandy. It must be noted that local feelings are running high in Little Muddle and we cannot say where it all will end .....        

• Funny 8

• RMweb Premium
17 minutes ago, Malcolm 0-6-0 said:

. . . . . It must be noted that local feelings are running high in Little Muddle and we cannot say where it all will end .....        

The Little Muddle Arms by the looks of it  :jester:

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Funny 2

Oh dear, the vicar is advised to keep his head down,  since he is reported to be about to become promoted to Rural Dean and thus likely to be offered a Bishopric, eventually. He may be unique in attaining such exalted status in his native province if we believe our colleague St.Enodoc's.  insinuations.

8 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

I thought you said you lived in Melbourne...

We were married by our local Rural Dean, who went on to become Bishop of Sodor and Man,  (Honestly!!)  (Almost on topic)

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

I blame it all on the vagrant seen imbibing from a 'thermos' (other containers are available) down by the estuary. These sort of nar-do-wells should be moved on by constabulary said L M Standing, Major (Retired) before going into the Little Muddle Arms.

Edited by Winslow Boy
  • Funny 6

11 hours ago, Malcolm 0-6-0 said:

My goodness this is more serious than LMCOKM originally thought. I've moved a motion that a separate sub-committee of LMCOKM be created to investigate and report back to the Secretary in reference to the appearance of floating fish crates. This sub-committee will operate under the working name of the LMFFCISC (Little Muddle Floating Fish Crates Investigation Sub-Committee) and all its written submissions will be so marked. These are to be marked Confidential to ensure that no word is leaked to the railway modelling press until a properly prepared media release is drafted and approved.      

It saddens me to have to submit to my fellow committee members this is the sort of thing that can easily, and tragically, happen when people who build model railways are left to their own devices to follow their own rules. I humbly submit that it would never happen in a properly regulated world where creativity is subjected to necessary guidance by individuals selected for their near perfect understanding and humility. We, as a group, are not created to condemn but to temper correction with wisdom and compassion.

Is Kevin still waiting outside, we need to get to the bottom of this immediately ........... 

As a regular visitor to this thread I feel the committee should show a high degree of clemency towards Kevin.   Clearly we cannot have the situation (in our modern thought controlled world ) where modellers do their own thing unsupervised.  However Kevin is clearly a brilliant modeller and photographer, and must be treated as such.

Anyway what proof is there that Kevin is guilty ?  O.K he confessed earlier to  moving the crates of fish, but how do you know that was Kevin confessing ?  I mean the forum software has just been updated, so can you be sure that a hostile foreign power has not taken control, hacked Kevin's profile and doctored the photos, all with the aim of sowing unrest in Little Muddle ?

I do not know Kevin but there may be other mitigating circumstances (Kevin between you and me can you plead insanity or addiction to strange substances, were you dropped on your head as a baby?)

I think it likely that human rights legislation and the Equality Act may also offer Kevin protection.  I think under the Equality Act  the role of a lone modeller enjoys protected status.

I think the committee needs to tread very carefully and not turn into a kangaroo court.  Right I'm off back to my bunker before the riots break out.          

• Funny 6

49 minutes ago, Gopher said:

Right, I'm off back to my bunker before the riots break out.          

All suggestions that anyone on here has a bunker ready for the impending covid / zombie apocalypse will be rigourously denied!

030007a1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 5