Little Muddle

KNP

4 hours ago, Gopher said:

As a regular visitor to this thread I feel the committee should show a high degree of clemency towards Kevin.   Clearly we cannot have the situation (in our modern thought controlled world ) where modellers do their own thing unsupervised.  However Kevin is clearly a brilliant modeller and photographer, and must be treated as such.

Anyway what proof is there that Kevin is guilty ?  O.K he confessed earlier to  moving the crates of fish, but how do you know that was Kevin confessing ?  I mean the forum software has just been updated, so can you be sure that a hostile foreign power has not taken control, hacked Kevin's profile and doctored the photos, all with the aim of sowing unrest in Little Muddle ?

I do not know Kevin but there may be other mitigating circumstances (Kevin between you and me can you plead insanity or addiction to strange substances, were you dropped on your head as a baby?)

I think it likely that human rights legislation and the Equality Act may also offer Kevin protection.  I think under the Equality Act  the role of a lone modeller enjoys protected status.

I think the committee needs to tread very carefully and not turn into a kangaroo court.  Right I'm off back to my bunker before the riots break out.          

I have no desire to force the committee's hand, but I feel a mass civil demonstration coming on.   Socially distanced of course, so probably just me and one other.  We will have placards "Justice for KNP".  " Free the Little Muddle One".  Not as catchy as Free the Cardiff Three, or Free the Birmingham Six, or Free George Davis.  If Kevin would like to name an accomplice we could have "Free the Little Muddle Two".   (I must stop drinking during the day, plays hell with my imagination).      

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

17 minutes ago, KNP said:

Lets calm things down.....

With some ambient sounds of wind whistling through the trees here are some trees to put you into a tranquil and peaceful trance.

Breath slowly and deeply...

Stare in the pictures and.....

IMG_2120.jpg.2d29e3cd4f9fde421e6e5f7502d62556.jpgIMG_2121.jpg.40569c9c7bf875eaf342852a6352b3e3.jpgIMG_2122.jpg.4f04c9995d875f6c815859d494fdd4fa.jpgIMG_2124.jpg.f9e3cc5c194b083c5e8b72bb1825b236.jpgIMG_2125.jpg.883b2f1cb20d0cca9a4615594c1dbd8c.jpg

Are you all calm now?

O.K That worked - I've put my placard away.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

7 hours ago, KNP said:

... the chap leaning on the door ...

So that's the real story behind how the other door got broken.  Nothing to do with grandchildren and runaway locos.

BTW: it's Chairperchild.

• Funny 5

4 hours ago, KNP said:

Lets calm things down.....

With some ambient sounds of wind whistling through the trees here are some trees to put you into a tranquil and peaceful trance.

Breath slowly and deeply...

Stare in the pictures and.....

IMG_2120.jpg.2d29e3cd4f9fde421e6e5f7502d62556.jpgIMG_2121.jpg.40569c9c7bf875eaf342852a6352b3e3.jpgIMG_2122.jpg.4f04c9995d875f6c815859d494fdd4fa.jpgIMG_2124.jpg.f9e3cc5c194b083c5e8b72bb1825b236.jpgIMG_2125.jpg.883b2f1cb20d0cca9a4615594c1dbd8c.jpg

Are you all calm now?

BLISS, Who needs Trains anyway?:good:

• Like 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

4 hours ago, Ponthir28 said:

Traction engine has it arrived in Little Muddle? 

Naah it's them drunken teenagers what threw the fish boxes in the harbour - they've taken it for a joy ride. Good thing it's only a traction engine, PC Plod (now on temporary reinstatement pending his hearing before the Chief Constable) will be able to catch them, and it, on foot.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 2

Good job the committee isn't sitting otherwise I think there would be talk of parachuting in a new management team to take charge of Little Muddle and that would be the last thing we need. So let's keep stum. I believe the committee have gone on a fact finding 'jolly' visit to New Zealand, as that's the only place which has the same relaxed atmosphere. At least that's what the chair said when he was asked as he boarded the cruise liner.

• Funny 5

I love the phrase "parachuting in a new management team". Are they the soft handed whiz kids that implement a "just in time system", snip five minutes off all breaks, stop all bonuses and overtime payments ( to anyone not on staff and generally p### them off). Congratulate themselves on all the money saved by ordering matching BMWs, on the grounds that it looks to clients like it's a stable and successful company, shortly before doing a bunk with a golden handshake to the next cash cow? This is usually just before the end of the second financial year when the company realises that the changes were unsustainable and the key workers have moved elsewhere in disgust and those that are left either feel undervalued or are just coasting to retirement or redundancy, whichever comes first?

Clearly I spent too long in engineering.

Edited by MrWolf
  • Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Friendly/supportive 5

I used to like how it was easier to 'resize the establishment' whilst 'focusing on the front line' I.e sack the workers but not the leaders as getting rid of a couple of people on £15k was so much easier than giving the boot to someone on 100K and is so more cost effective isn't it.

Plus if we are a team why does someone in the team need 100K and the rest less. Last time I checked if the floor wasn't swept in the abattoir why expect the meat to be okay.

Edited by Winslow Boy
  • Like 3
  • Agree 3

How about a typical case I came across. Get rid of your engineering production and get it all made cheaper in China by unskilled labour.

THEN, re-employ your assembly fitters to test, fault find, strip, repair, reassemble and re-test before sending out to your customers.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 4

In the September 1938 issue of the Fortean Times  I discovered the following article.

"Strange and unexplained phenomena have been reported by our correspondent in Little Muddle, a bucolic village in the west of this sceptered isle. The first was the sudden appearance of a red cow dancing on a shed roof. A passing GWR porter remarked to our correspondent "Aaaaarrghh ...... old Bessie been at zider agen I see", but was this the answer? 

Then in a strange feat of unexplained levitation a dozen fish boxes were deposited in the Little Muddle harbour. Members of the Parish Council said it was some as yet officially unidentified town youths who did it. However one member who will remain nameless was heard to say "we know you were involved Billy Perkins and we've told your mam". However a fisherman who spends a lot of time sitting on the harbour steps thinking (mostly about fish) said "Noahhh it were t'hand of God - I zaw it appear out of the clouds and pick them up. I nearly gave birth to mackerels ...". 

Following that in another reported mysterious levitation, an idling traction engine mysteriously disappeared from under a railway viaduct and has vanished. This time another witness who wishes to remain unidentified, but was dressed in grey, said "Aaaargghhhh!!!! I zaw this bleeding big hand come out from skoy and pick it oop and carry it away I tell ye!!!!!". He then steadied his obviously shaken nerves with a good pull from the bottle he was holding.

And then several witnesses have come forward to say that they saw the special train to Little Muddle appear and disappear as it made its very very slow way to Little Muddle last week. 

Finally a strange large rectangular object with a single eye and flashing lights has been seen at various places around Little Muddle and in the sky. What is the answer to these unanswered questions readers. The people of Little Muddle who normally take strange events in their stride are very nervous. 

Frankly we at the Fortean Times don't know but we think that Mr H. G. Wells might be correct when he wrote “No one would have believed .... that this world was being watched keenly and closely by intelligences greater than man's ..."

I will issue a report to the committee about this discovery.

Edited by Malcolm 0-6-0
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 5
  • Funny 4