Little Muddle

KNP

1 hour ago, KNP said:

Catch them on the viaduct now, still waiting.....

Same set up but different angles.

Second one is my favourite.

3178.jpg.107d4e0a3bf5eeca1e7f6d6e083c68d9.jpg

3179.jpg.5b1be33cb13dcd49d3f3096682468ac8.jpg

Kevin

The crane looks great, I almost got one cheap off, ee by gum, a while back, and may get tempted again

now I 've seen yours.

But, I'm sorry I have to ask, why Yate?  As a former resident, I can't see how a GWR crane would be based

at an LMS location. The nearest proper GWR station would be Chipping Sodbury, or Coalpit Heath.

Ah now I may see why Yate was attractive!

TONY

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KNP said:

Yes, it sort of reappeared yesterday, I am adamant in was in the Goods Yard when I was setting up the camera!!! 

Then looking through the lens via the iPhone it was there?

I expect it was something to do with lens refraction and the fact I had the camera hanging upside down from the tripod that caused it to appear on the lane.......

I think that it was all smoke and mirrors.......Wait ... there's no smoke!

• Funny 2

16 hours ago, Coach bogie said:

It is an excellent kit. I use my crane on a signal engineers train with a new steel post signal on its way to replace a worn out wooden post somewhere.

Mike Wiltshire

1496976135_2744signaltrainv-02.jpg.f583c8b9801262bae95db15bdb73efae.jpg

Apologies to Kevin for hijacking his thread, but Mike:-

What is the pedigree of the engineer's riding coach behind your crane? (apologies if this detail has recently been posted here, or elsewhere!)

Thanks

Paul

• Friendly/supportive 1

It is just an old Ratio GWR 4 wheeler that had seen better days. Based loosely on various pics of departmental ones, I cut back to running boards to add the hand brake lever. I filled in various panels and blanked off some windows. Joys of working in plastic, I just thin plasticard the matched the depth of the panels and sanded down. I added a water tank to the roof with a chimney for the kitchen area fitted for departmental staff. It is the only vehicle I have fitted with plastic wheels. I did not fancy my chances of separating the solebars and besides, it was only ever going to be in a a short train. New life for something that would have ended up in the bin/scrapped - just as Swindon did!

Mike Wiltshire

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, KNP said:

Change of direction.

Since the start of this lockdown I have been beavering away updating and adding to the rolling stock for LM

I thought it might be nice to group them altogether to see exactly what has been going on

3193.jpg.bd28b9aebd2cb230b0ae44a5bfc8c6de.jpg

Also there was the Thornycroft lorry, Lima Prairie, Bradley Manor and lots of figures....

so since the end of March there has been quite a bit done.

Funny, I sometimes go up and there and think, not much has progressed up here!!!

A goodly goods gathering at Encombe Town, meanwhile over at Little Muddle............

Work Gang Foreman: “Right lads, let’s get the door shifted with this ‘ere crane”

Gang: “What Crane, guv?”

Foreman looks and turns the LM sky blue with expletives, “Where’s that £^&*$¥ crane gone now?”

In true LM tradition the crane will magically reappear on the siding and in true British workman tradition:

”Tea Break lads!”

• Like 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Premium
36 minutes ago, KNP said:

Change of direction.

Since the start of this lockdown I have been beavering away updating and adding to the rolling stock for LM

I thought it might be nice to group them altogether to see exactly what has been going on

3193.jpg.bd28b9aebd2cb230b0ae44a5bfc8c6de.jpg

Also there was the Thornycroft lorry, Lima Prairie, Bradley Manor and lots of figures....

so since the end of March there has been quite a bit done.

Funny, I sometimes go up and there and think, not much has progressed up here!!!

At the rate you are going there should be no capacity for any movement whatsoever on Little Muddle.  Welcome to the real side of this hobby!

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

25 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

I have also come to the realisation that I probably have more wagons than the actual Great Western.

I don't, though I believe I might be getting some more for Christmas!

• Friendly/supportive 2