Little Muddle

KNP

38 minutes ago, Mick Bonwick said:

Really keen on all these new angles, Kevin. A benefit of keeping the buildings removable, I suppose.

I like the way you keep all your verticals vertical, by the way. I don't feel dizzy when I'm looking for faults features.......

:jester:

Sometimes, only sometimes I can cheat.....!

In Affinity I have a tool called perspective where I can grab the corners of a picture and 'tweak it' to get rid of any non vertical effects.

The horizontal can normally be sorted with a simple straightening tool.

Have to be careful though as it can make the picture look distorted, don't use it very often but it is nice to have just in case.

Used it to a limited extent on this picture to get the engine shed looking vertical as in close up's the camera lens does give a distorted view.

• Informative/Useful 6
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

It's a great shot that looks like something taken 80 years ago by a photographer recording the daily goings on that were ignored by the publicity department.

It's the kind of scene that first got me interested in railways.

• Agree 5

19 hours ago, KNP said:

For those of you interested, here is a seldom modelled item - a compost heap with three sided bin...

6C64DF13-B9E6-4DC8-858A-D239D4941E9A.jpeg.c49171e9243efcd055b527dccc3ea6ac.jpeg

This was made 10 odd years ago on a separate module that follows the fence line so I could work on it on the bench.

Has been titivated a few times over the years....

Hi Kevin, I think the plants are mainly MiniNatur? 

But do you recall where the lettuces/cabbages came from? 

And what did you use for the soil in the veg beds?  They all look great! 

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

3 hours ago, MoonMonkey said:

Hi Kevin, I think the plants are mainly MiniNatur? 

But do you recall where the lettuces/cabbages came from? 

And what did you use for the soil in the veg beds?  They all look great! 

Plants - light green ones I believe where Noch and the darker ones are homemade using rolled up tissue glued together in the middle and the ends splayed out.

Whole lot dyed with water colours and the leaf ends dry brushed with a dark green.

Edit

Forgot - Treemendus earth powder (superb stuff)

Edited by KNP
  • Informative/Useful 3

9 hours ago, KNP said:

IMG_2236.jpg.4c27ab408599d9defc3a3cf685202f35.jpg

All done very quickly on the iPhone so not the best but I will set up the camera and take some better ones.

Notice the lobster pots now fixed in place and I have added some side ropes that most seem to have to aid handling.

A question if I may - is that brick bordered L shaped flat area with the boat, the drums and the baulks on it the imagined remains of demolished building or purpose built area? The vertical shot makes it stand out while it isn't so noticeable in an oblique or level shot.

The lobster pots are looking good. 

• Thanks 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium

Tell me was squadron leader dive bombing the allotment went he took that first photo?  Does he have something against cabbages?

Edited by Bogie
Typo
  • Funny 4

I'd just like to point out that it wasn't me that mentioned dive bombers first in this thread. 

As far as I am aware, none of the bridges on this layout feature a bus.

Therefore the dive bombing of the aforementioned bridges is not required.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

6 hours ago, Malcolm 0-6-0 said:

A question if I may - is that brick bordered L shaped flat area with the boat, the drums and the baulks on it the imagined remains of demolished building or purpose built area? The vertical shot makes it stand out while it isn't so noticeable in an oblique or level shot.

The lobster pots are looking good. 

It is the remains of a demolished building.

What it was has been lost in the past but no doubt someone will have a suggestion as to what it used to be.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MrWolf said:

I'd just like to point out that it wasn't me that mentioned dive bombers first in this thread. 

As far as I am aware, none of the bridges on this layout feature a bus.

Therefore the dive bombing of the aforementioned bridges is not required.

Phew, that's a relief......better not build one then!

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

4 hours ago, Bogie said:

Tell me was squadron leader dive bombing the allotment went he took that first photo?  Does he have something against cabbages?

No, it was a majestically orchestrated aerial ballet of fine swooping flying maneuverers to align the RE8 for taking pictures.

It had the people of LM enthralled if not a little worried as he did to seem to some in come in a bit low and looked at one point to have over done it and lost control but all's well that ends well and he landed safely - somewhere in England!

As for the cabbages, well lets just say his mum had trouble getting him to eat his greens.....

Edited by KNP
  • Like 4
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

There’s been some cracking photos recently with some great “eye level” angles. In the background of a few of these is the LM Signal Box, I appreciate you probably have an ever growing list of “to-do’s” but do you have any plans to revisit the signal boxes and detail the interiors? I would love to see these done especially with your storytelling and the “dioramic little details” which you have such a knack for!

• Like 5

23 hours ago, KNP said:

Plants - light green ones I believe where Noch and the darker ones are homemade using rolled up tissue glued together in the middle and the ends splayed out.

Whole lot dyed with water colours and the leaf ends dry brushed with a dark green.

Edit

Forgot - Treemendus earth powder (superb stuff)

Thanks Kevin, that's great, very helpful.  Lovely work and photography as usual!!

• Friendly/supportive 1