Little Muddle

KNP

1 hour ago, Mick Bonwick said:

Just to be certain that modelling does not take over this topic, I wonder if the young lady is

1. Talking to her friend.

2. Listening to her friend.

3. Watching the train.

4. Wondering if that signal will ever work.

Or something else . . . . . . . . .

I think they are discussing the merits of your new wall.....!

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Mick Bonwick said:

Just to be certain that modelling does not take over this topic, I wonder if the young lady is

1. Talking to her friend.

2. Listening to her friend.

3. Watching the train.

4. Wondering if that signal will ever work.

Or something else . . . . . . . . .

Definitely something else..... I bet she is concerned how fast the train is going.... I'm sure it took 3 days for the Manor to get that far :-)

Lovely scene as ever Kevin @KNP

• Thanks 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 4

2 hours ago, KNP said:

Viaduct time......

Lets have a handful from different angles.

3248.jpg.3e0ca7654ce2c9c62ebd0c57f94d8353.jpg

This is the one that does it for me Kevin, it sums Little Muddle up perfectly, tranquility, broken only by the gentle sound of a slow passing Steam Engine, hissing away and the occasional soft chuff. 

Now back to looking for Butterflies in the Meadow.

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

The resident bull in Little Muddle was very disappointed at seeing that all those lovely cattle wagons were empty. He was hoping his Christmas had come early!   

As always a joy to see life unfold in Little Muddle!

Edited by Limpley Stoker
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 5

There is a subtlety to all your modelling that gives it a special, finger tingling feeling. For me, two things in particular set your work apart, and provide a standard for us mortals to aim for. Your eye for colour and texture is immaculate. I think model paint manufacturers have a lot to answer for by calling their products, names like grass green and slate grey. Grass has a million hues and shades, depending on a multitude of factors, but in your grass bank that we are referring to here, you have somehow managed to create a universal sense of what an English slope is like.

I am also stunned by the quality and quantity of your trees. Do you make them yourself?

• Like 5
  • Agree 7
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, KNP said:

Viaduct time......

Lets have a handful from different angles.

3247.jpg.cd52dcfa9be25e2add0bb53824f850c2.jpg

3248.jpg.3e0ca7654ce2c9c62ebd0c57f94d8353.jpg

3249.jpg.43adad02b5e99c4d27db37c4c8060e6f.jpg

3250.jpg.38e1cf963649b08dd519967bf61a2d29.jpg

Kevin,

This set should be subtitled:- "The case of the disappearing Road Locomotive"!

Frame 1, you see it - Frames 2-4 gone!!

I blame the continuity Manager myself!

Otherwise, immaculate as always.

I am just waiting for some trees etc. to arrive to start practicing. I've got plenty of time - latest news on my layout build is like the return to something approaching normal life -

Maybe Easter!

Cheers

Paul

• Friendly/supportive 1

45 minutes ago, Tallpaul69 said:

Kevin,

This set should be subtitled:- "The case of the disappearing Road Locomotive"!

Frame 1, you see it - Frames 2-4 gone!!

I blame the continuity Manager myself!

Otherwise, immaculate as always.

I am just waiting for some trees etc. to arrive to start practicing. I've got plenty of time - latest news on my layout build is like the return to something approaching normal life -

Maybe Easter!

Cheers

Paul

It is there, just behind the trees.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Scene but not Heard said:

There is a subtlety to all your modelling that gives it a special, finger tingling feeling. For me, two things in particular set your work apart, and provide a standard for us mortals to aim for. Your eye for colour and texture is immaculate. I think model paint manufacturers have a lot to answer for by calling their products, names like grass green and slate grey. Grass has a million hues and shades, depending on a multitude of factors, but in your grass bank that we are referring to here, you have somehow managed to create a universal sense of what an English slope is like.

I am also stunned by the quality and quantity of your trees. Do you make them yourself?

Many thanks.

I have over 300 trees on this layout of various sizes, apart from I tree behind the viaduct and 6 thin conifers the rest are homemade.

30 are the detailed sagebrush versions and the rest are modified sea moss.

In my opinion most layouts never really have enough trees on, just look at any picture of steam trains in the country the scene will be awash with them which was my aim when picturing my own layout.

• Like 4
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

It's something that I have to tackle on my layout, the railway branch might be fictitious, but the banks of the river and surrounding areas need a lot of trees. I am actually looking forward to it, I don't expect it to be as tedious as it might appear.

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
28 minutes ago, KNP said:

In my opinion most layouts never really have enough trees on, just look at any picture of steam trains in the country the scene will be awash with them which was my aim when picturing my own layout.

Unless you're modelling the Isle of Portland. Imagine my dismay when I found that I didn't have to make dozens and dozens of trees. ^_^

• Like 3
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, KNP said:

At last I have got around to one of those jobs that other things come along and get done first.

For ages Misty only had the Port and Starboard navigation lights but no steaming or stern light.

Well, that has now been sorted and as ever with me I decided I just wasn't going to fix the steaming light to the main mast but make it look like it could be pulled down to be lit.

So after a bit of research I came up with my own version of how they did it, one rope on a pully to pull up and another to pull down.

So when you fit the LED's inside the navigation lights, how will you hide the wires for the one that goes up and down the main mast?

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

11 minutes ago, Tony Teague said:

So when you fit the LED's inside the navigation lights, how will you hide the wires for the one that goes up and down the main mast?

Wireless......

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 3
  • Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1