Little Muddle

KNP

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Limpley Stoker said:

No one dares to moo today, even the bull is silent.

If you have Tim Bryan's excellent 'A day in the life of the Great Western' take a look at the picture on p. 52 of a cattle wagon with incarcerated bull. He does not look happy at all and you wouldn't want to be the guy who had to open the door and lead him out. (It's a good close-up of the van and its lettering too.)

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2

Just now, checkrail said:

If you have Tim Bryan's excellent 'A day in the life of the Great Western' take a look at the picture on p. 52 of a cattle wagon with incarcerated bull. He does not look happy at all and you wouldn't want to be the guy who had to open the door and lead him out. (It's a good close-up of the van and its lettering too.)

I have been that guy.
I was taking a Hereford out of a trailer.
He took me for a walk.

• Like 1
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 7

1 hour ago, Sandhole said:

I have been that guy.
I was taking a Hereford out of a trailer.
He took me for a walk.

I drew the line at Freisian bullocks. 

People who tell you that the Hereford bull is the friendliest and most docile of breeds have obviously never gotten into a disagreement with one. :wacko:

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

Just now, MrWolf said:

I drew the line at Freisian bullocks. 

People who tell you that the Hereford bull is the friendliest and most docile of breeds have obviously never gotten into a disagreement with one. :wacko:

Damn Straight.
Never trust any bull.
In my experience, Friesian bulls are psychopathic. I never had the dubious 'pleasure' of working with Jerseys mind.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 2

Just now, MrWolf said:

A herd of cute little Dexters is like a pub full of Scottish soldiers. Short sturdy and don't #@*$ with them.

Unfortunately I never got the chance to work with Dexters.
A friend of mine had two as house cows. They certainly knew their own minds, shall I say.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 5

1 hour ago, Sandhole said:

Damn Straight.
Never trust any bull.
In my experience, Friesian bulls are psychopathic. I never had the dubious 'pleasure' of working with Jerseys mind.

Luckily I never had to deal with a Freisian bull. They were bad enough without any magazine in their guns.

Jerseys manage to look cute, but they are rather like Koala bears in that respect. They get bored and want to kill you.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1