Little Muddle

KNP

26 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

That reminds me of why I no longer frequent political/ current affairs forums... :D

All you have to do is have a different viewpoint, even if you agree with what the other person has said and you get accused of "having an early viewpoint" or being "politically naive", to be suffering from "damaged thinking" or some other such crime that in some of the places I have worked would get you sent to a loony bin or Siberian Gulag, or worse...

Shortly before the (normally outspoken) accuser kicks their handbag to death, cries to teacher and gets the thread shut down....

Thanks for the best laugh of the day, I think that you have hit the nail on the head with pretty much everything that's  going on in the world outside of places like Little Muddle, long may they remain dust free!

Would have stamped my foot but couldn't find a suitable emoji.:D

• Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, MrWolf said:

That reminds me of why I no longer frequent political/ current affairs forums... :D

All you have to do is have a different viewpoint, even if you agree with what the other person has said and you get accused of "having an early viewpoint" or being "politically naive", to be suffering from "damaged thinking" or some other such crime that in some of the places I have worked would get you sent to a loony bin or Siberian Gulag, or worse...

Shortly before the (normally outspoken) accuser kicks their handbag to death, cries to teacher and gets the thread shut down....

Thanks for the best laugh of the day, I think that you have hit the nail on the head with pretty much everything that's  going on in the world outside of places like Little Muddle, long may they remain dust free!

So, Little Muddle isn't current affairs? 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Mick Bonwick said:

Very effective, Kevin. Good result.

Thanks

Don't think I have reinvented the wheel but mine came about by mistake.

I had just painted a wagon roof with a roof dirt wash, cleaned the brush out - not as well as I should put it down to dry.

Went to varnish the sides of a ventilated van and picked up the wrong brush and dabbed it in the varnish which must have dragged some paint out that was still in the brush when applied to the model.

Initially thought idiot, only to see it drying in the streaky effect, decided to wait to the area dried.

Experimented a bit more till I got the mix right and off we went....... 

Edited by KNP
  • Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

• RMweb Premium
23 minutes ago, KNP said:

Thanks

Don't think I have reinvented the wheel but mine came about by mistake.

I had just painted a wagon roof with a roof dirt wash, cleaned the brush out - not as well as I should put it down to dry.

Went to varnish the sides of a ventilated van and picked up the wrong brush and dabbed it in the varnish which must have dragged some paint out that was still in the brush when applied to the model.

Initially thought idiot, only to see it drying in the streaky effect, decided to wait to the area dried.

Experimented a bit more till I got the mix right and off we went....... 

Interesting @KNP thank you.

My inclination is to get the airbrush out, but I know that wont sort the motion and frames..... I would like to go for the only slightly dirty look!

Years ago, I remember talking to a friend who worked at Brunel university about GWR locos as someone had told me they were always dirty..... He went to great pains to show loads of pictures of very clean locos.... Which of course a loco would be if it was close to its home depot. But anything further afield would get grubby as the day wore on.

Thanks as ever for the inspiration and instructions. I'm off to find a dirty brush....

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Apart from the white lamp that image could be decades earlier than LM's normal period. BTW: Is the white lamp a bit too clean???

Do the staff at Encombe Town all line up on the platform and stand to attention when the Director's train comes through?

• Like 3
  • Funny 2

35 minutes ago, Harlequin said:

Apart from the white lamp that image could be decades earlier than LM's normal period. BTW: Is the white lamp a bit too clean???

Do the staff at Encombe Town all line up on the platform and stand to attention when the Director's train comes through?

I reply in order....

Yes

Yes

Yes

Thanks

• Like 5
  • Funny 1