Little Muddle

KNP

1 hour ago, Ponthir28 said:

Why does anyone want to move from Little Muddle. Container packed and ready to go is there a house for sale I like to move in.

Or it could be going back empty of course!

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
On 12/12/2020 at 07:36, KNP said:

CN2.jpg.1b4eb7bb1b76ab6b4d2ad8c4486fde43.jpg

Kevin

Looking at your most recent post made me look back to how you had put the shackles and chains together, which you covered back in December, however, you didn't say - or I couldn't see that you did - how you atatched the chains to the container.

Did you insert pins or something similar - the arrangement at the corners particularly intrigues me.

Tony

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

1 hour ago, Mick Bonwick said:

According to the documentation the contents were destined for a Dr C Rippen. There is a rumour around the town that he has moved here with his third wife.

Do the fast trains from Encombe Town go direct to a port catering for transatlantic shipping?

Come to think of it, I don't recall seeing such a thing as a fast train at Encombe ! or indeed at L M.

Edited by DonB
  • Friendly/supportive 2

31 minutes ago, DonB said:

Do the fast trains from Encombe Town go direct to a port catering for transatlantic shipping?

Come to think of it, I don't recall seeing such a thing as a fast train at Encombe ! or indeed at L M.

Nothing goes fast on this layout and that includes me!!!

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, KNP said:

I drilled some very small holes where the shackles used to be and inserted some wire to form something to hook the shackle cable to

The wire was easy to bend so I glued the shackles and chains into place using the pins as a guide, then when set I bent the pins over to make them look like hooks. A blob of superglue held it all in place and hide any mistakes!

Thanks Kevin, very helpful!

Tony

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Very relaxing watching life go slowly by at Little Muddle. I was a little alarmed, however,  by the sudden movement of the dockside crane has it been summoned to help at Encombe engine shed with the door? Perhaps the team have given up trying to raise the jib and have asked for help.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Limpley Stoker said:

Very relaxing watching life go slowly by at Little Muddle. I was a little alarmed, however,  by the sudden movement of the dockside crane has it been summoned to help at Encombe engine shed with the door? Perhaps the team have given up trying to raise the jib and have asked for help.

It got in the way of framing of the picture.

So I moved it....

Call it....

Artistic License

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, KNP said:

The postman has been and a letter from Modelmaster JE arrived.

Slip inside explaining and apologising for the delay, nice touch.

So without any delay the loco number has been fitted and 7768 days are now numbered!!!!

CC288276-874D-4C34-8E7A-DC4896C3CF2A.jpeg.065d0807fc7dd81b7e79401a410f78b6.jpeg

I have decided that at present this loco will break from tradition and have no crew for a change.

So it always be seen ‘parked up’ some where with the crew off for a cup of tea...

Or perhaps there off hunting up some fire irons so they can drop the fire... as someone must have stolen theirs 

• Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
On 27/01/2021 at 11:11, KNP said:

Great, they've set off

3354.jpg.0a082afb2caa7c044f9afec083ccc505.jpg

Do you see the problem I made myself with the water tank overflow......

All sorted now with wire and not plastic this time.

Looks like the Guard has jumped ship at the last moment

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1