Little Muddle

KNP

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

As far as models are concerned, there's only the Reliant in kit form, I think Oxford did one too.

Here we are. Described as a Reliant. 

images.jpeg.jpg

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 1

Am I right in the assumption that that those involved in the vehicle description debate wish me to order one and place in the yard of the boot works with the gentleman with boxes loading it?

Just need to know so I get it right.....!

• Like 8
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

1 hour ago, KNP said:

Am I right in the assumption that that those involved in the vehicle description debate wish me to order one and place in the yard of the boot works with the gentleman with boxes loading it?

He's a bit slow but he gets there in the end.:D

Edited by Winslow Boy
Not enough the's
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2

1 minute ago, Winslow Boy said:

He's a bit slow but he gets there in end.:D

I have to say I have only just become aware that I am building this layout by committee

What I can confirm to the committee is that I have ordered one of those three wheeled motorcycle van jobbies......

Now all I need to do is get the financial outlay approved by the finance committee (suppose in hindsight I should have sought their approval beforehand!!!)

Oh, its just started to rain?

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 8

1 minute ago, KNP said:

I have to say I have only just become aware that I am building this layout by committee

What I can confirm to the committee is that I have ordered one of those three wheeled motorcycle van jobbies......

Now all I need to do is get the financial outlay approved by the finance committee (suppose in hindsight I should have sought their approval beforehand!!!)

Oh, its just started to rain?

You see this is why we love you and just before anybody misconstrues that comment it is meant in a purely altruistic sense and if questioned I will deny all knowledge of that statement and will in fact squeal to rozzers revealing everything.:D

What's rain got to do with the purchase of said you know what?

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

9 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

A shock, indeed. Perhaps you need to re-assert your authority. How about an extension to Buggerem Junction?

You can't just say things like that!

We haven't had a vote on it, yet.

• Funny 8

17 minutes ago, jcm@gwr said:

You can't just say things like that!

We haven't had a vote on it, yet.

That's all very good and proper but I still want to know why he mentioned about the rain.

Is a deluge expected at LM? Will there be floods and devastation? Can we expect to see the RNLI next time we tune in to the next thrilling episode of Little Muddle - the land that time forgot.

• Like 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

27 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

That's all very good and proper but I still want to know why he mentioned about the rain.

Is a deluge expected at LM? Will there be floods and devastation? Can we expect to see the RNLI next time we tune in to the next thrilling episode of Little Muddle - the land that time forgot.

You can stop worrying, it's stopped now.

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all; greetings from Spain.

In visiting LM today, I am not sure whether I am required to comment on the Pickfords Trike; the current status of the committee; the Dukedom arriving, or the weather (Raining, or whether its now stopped).

All I can say with any certainty, is that in our bit of Spain we have a sea mist....

Other than that, its business as usual :-)

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 6

3 hours ago, KNP said:

fullsizeoutput_2391.jpeg.755bf173cda6e6a579e6e7e37b50fdc1.jpeg

• Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, KNP said:

If you didn't want that to happen then you shouldn't have opted for RMweb disclosure. :no:

If there's one thing you can be sure of here, it's thread drift, criticism, irrelevance and ramblings. Oh! That's not just one thing. Sorry. :(

The ramblings are probably the worst part. I mean, you post an item about something you've spent hours of work on, painstakingly documenting every single task, photographing from every conceivable angle and agonising over the best way to report your failings without seeming to be inept, and then nobody comments on your post because one of your avid followers has started another conversation about their own favourite model and all their followers have contributed to that. On YOUR thread! :ireful:

I hope that you are not of the opinion that my contribution is in any way critical. I don't want to be pedantic, but I'm going to be. There is a shop sign in one of your posts that is depicted as hanging from something that is quite clearly insufficiently robust for its intended purpose. I have photographs of shop signs, taken over the years, that quite clearly demonstrate the need for adequate support for such protruberances. I think that you should pay more attention to the details you incorporate in your modelling. If you criticise my contribution to your modelling efforts it just goes to show that you really are in a Little bit of a Muddle.

If you've read as far as this sentence and are not smiling, then you might have been guilty of gullibility.

Sorry, Kevin, but it's raining outside and I've got nothing better to do.

:jester:

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 2

3 hours ago, KNP said:

Er, not the intention actually, just my imagination running riot. As a classic car fan I have owned some truly awful (Brilliant) vans over the years too. 

Anyway, if your work continues to inspire the rest of the model train community, you only have yourself to blame really......;)

• Agree 5

12 minutes ago, Mick Bonwick said:

If you didn't want that to happen then you shouldn't have opted for RMweb disclosure. :no:

If there's one thing you can be sure of here, it's thread drift, criticism, irrelevance and ramblings. Oh! That's not just one thing. Sorry. :(

The ramblings are probably the worst part. I mean, you post an item about something you've spent hours of work on, painstakingly documenting every single task, photographing from every conceivable angle and agonising over the best way to report your failings without seeming to be inept, and then nobody comments on your post because one of your avid followers has started another conversation about their own favourite model and all their followers have contributed to that. On YOUR thread! :ireful:

I hope that you are not of the opinion that my contribution is in any way critical. I don't want to be pedantic, but I'm going to be. There is a shop sign in one of your posts that is depicted as hanging from something that is quite clearly insufficiently robust for its intended purpose. I have photographs of shop signs, taken over the years, that quite clearly demonstrate the need for adequate support for such protruberances. I think that you should pay more attention to the details you incorporate in your modelling. If you criticise my contribution to your modelling efforts it just goes to show that you really are in a Little bit of a Muddle.

If you've read as far as this sentence and are not smiling, then you might have been guilty of gullibility.

Sorry, Kevin, but it's raining outside and I've got nothing better to do.

:jester:

Talking of thread drift its not raining here!!!

• Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

That's going to be nice and fuel efficient for an impecunious shop keeper.

Unless he's climbing over the fence to the locomotive shed at night.

Maybe that's what the shed staff are looking at? 

All the incriminating footprints in the potato field.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2