Little Muddle

KNP

On 18/02/2021 at 11:55, KNP said:

At this stage prior to adding shading etc these figures are scrubbing up well.

I wonder what's in the boxes?

3410.jpg.d635c96408767b598d49a4d4bfd5c9ee.jpg

He knows where the bodies are buried, I always had suspicions about that cabbage/potato patch.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, DonB said:

He knows where the bodies are buried, I always had suspicions about that cabbage/potato patch.

These three men appear to be simple country folk, going about their normal business, but one of them is a murderer. Can you deduce which one from the clues provided?

:wink_mini:

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Funny 5

1 minute ago, Harlequin said:

These three men appear to be simple country folk, going about their normal business, but one of them is a murderer. Can you deduce which one from the clues provided?

:wink_mini:

Do you mean the one surrounded by spades????

His name is.....

Dug

• Like 1
  • Funny 13

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, KNP said:

Do you mean the one surrounded by spades????

His name is.....

Dug

You might think so at first but is that too obvious? It might be a fiendish red-herring carefully constructed to throw you off the scent!

Why can’t Arthur Coalman ever look you in the eye and give a straight answer?

And is Major Shotgun really the muddled old buffer he appears to be?

Edited by Harlequin
  • Like 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, KNP said:

I’ve got this version?

Will it do....

E65FABA6-D7F7-4B0F-931D-F5AEFE5A4FF5.jpeg.421554f7564f3a40cac33281052d267a.jpeg

A Model of Yesteryear......

Purveyors of the cheapest beer in London and they have some exquisitely restored pubs, my favourite is the Princess Louise in Holborn. I shall be glad to have a visit when we're allowed out to play.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Siberian Snooper said:

Purveyors of the cheapest beer in London and they have some exquisitely restored pubs, my favourite is the Princess Louise in Holborn. I shall be glad to have a visit when we're allowed out to play.

Just don't get your phone out. 

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 3

45 minutes ago, St Enodoc said:

The ones without spades are called Dug-less.

Nah ! You've obviously not seen the bloke walking around Plimuff with just a lead and empty collar in his hand.....That's Dug-less !

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

3 hours ago, John Besley said:

All you can hear is the buzz of insects and flutter of butterflies being disturbed by the rattle of a passing train.... ahh Summer bring it on!

I'll second that!

Still can't get over how the countryside in the picture looks like acres but is actually about 2 feet square.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, MrWolf said:

I'll second that!

Still can't get over how the countryside in the picture looks like acres but is actually about 2 feet square.

Reminds me of the view of the mainline from Totnes Riverside.... brilliantly well done, it's what you cant see that makes it work so well - if you get my thought

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
On 19/02/2021 at 11:35, KNP said:

Talking of thread drift its not raining here!!!

Talking of which - a few years ago when we were at the West Somerset Railway, we popped into a pub in Watchet. Two fellas at the bar were talking about the local weather.... "If you can see Wales, it's not raining" "If you can't see Wales, it's raining there and will probably be raining be here shortly!"

By the way, the sea mist has cleared from our bit of Spain, although it's a bit overcast today. Muddy rain is due here on Monday :-(

Btw: Lovely shot of the auto coach on the viaduct and lovely shots of steam lorries. I am surprised that Oxford don't make some steam lorries.

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

24 minutes ago, Neal Ball said:

Talking of which - a few years ago when we were at the West Somerset Railway, we popped into a pub in Watchet. Two fellas at the bar were talking about the local weather.... "If you can see Wales, it's not raining" "If you can't see Wales, it's raining there and will probably be raining be here shortly!"

By the way, the sea mist has cleared from our bit of Spain, although it's a bit overcast today. Muddy rain is due here on Monday :-(

Btw: Lovely shot of the auto coach on the viaduct and lovely shots of steam lorries. I am surprised that Oxford don't make some steam lorries.

We had a tractor like that when I was a kid. 

If water was dripping from the radiator, there was cooling water in the engine. 

If water wasn't dripping from the radiator, you had better top it up quickly because the engine was about to seize.

• Like 1
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

19 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

We had a tractor like that when I was a kid. 

If water was dripping from the radiator, there was cooling water in the engine. 

If water wasn't dripping from the radiator, you had better top it up quickly because the engine was about to seize.

Must have been a Fordson N :D

• Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

13 minutes ago, Benbow said:

Must have been a Fordson N :D

It wasn't one of those hateful old wrist breakers. It was a tin fronted diesel Major of the - Bang goes the ozone layer and my lungs variety. I think it was why I started smoking...

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

Specially staged photograph taken outside of the derelict house for all those of you that love tractors.

FF8B4358-63C2-465A-9553-C74EB9DA493E.jpeg.32b89e79eb604ba1d9a5b919e864fc13.jpeg

It appears I brought the wrong one for LM era hence why it hides in the barn.....

• Like 14
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 3

That one would suit 1950 onwards. Except that it ought to be blue with orange wheels....;)

Should actually be like the one in Benbows photo, but you would be correct abandoning it in the barn. Usually this is due to: Faulty magneto, faulty carburettor, cracked vapourising manifold, blown water pump or radiator, stuck exhaust valve, blown clutch..... or general malaise....

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, KNP said:

Specially staged photograph taken outside of the derelict house for all those of you that love tractors.

FF8B4358-63C2-465A-9553-C74EB9DA493E.jpeg.32b89e79eb604ba1d9a5b919e864fc13.jpeg

It appears I brought the wrong one for LM era hence why it hides in the barn.....

Springside used to do a whole range of tractors.. 

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2