Little Muddle

KNP

2 hours ago, KNP said:

Panniers it is then.......

Taken whilst cleaning the valley gutter of the creamery.

From this angle the lack of top feed stands out.

3417.jpg.924668118ead98b3989eb2da2d558977.jpg

Few things this picture points out that I hadn't noticed before but the light from this angle shows up

Moulding ridge on buffers needs sorting.

Coupling loop missing

Side tank lids seem to be not seating properly.

Debate on whether to paint the spectacle windows brass or not? 

Filler Tank lid hinges may have been bent by careless staff, so may be quite natural, I like that in a model.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, KNP said:

Panniers it is then.......

Taken whilst cleaning the valley gutter of the creamery.

From this angle the lack of top feed stands out.

3417.jpg.924668118ead98b3989eb2da2d558977.jpg

Few things this picture points out that I hadn't noticed before but the light from this angle shows up

Moulding ridge on buffers needs sorting.

Coupling loop missing

Side tank lids seem to be not seating properly.

Debate on whether to paint the spectacle windows brass or not? 

Nice bit of grungy track where the locos stand... filler hinges do get a hard life they look good to me 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 21/02/2021 at 14:19, KNP said:

I might paint this tractor GWR green....

Keep the theme going?

No No! At the risk of boring everyone but in the interests of authenticity here goes! Up until 1935 the Fordson N was only available on steel wheels for agricultural use. From 1935 it was offered with the option of pneumatic tyres. It was painted Dark Blue until 1937 when the colour changed to 'Harvest Gold' , light orange to you and me!  During 1940 the colour changed to Green to make them less conspicuous to enemy aircraft and the wide wings were replaced with narrow ones to save metal for the war effort. June 1945 saw the last N produced and the new E27N Fordson Major introduced.

Sorry to be a pain but we like to have the correct lettering and crests on our locos so why not get the other details right if we can :rolleyes: 

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 4

5 minutes ago, Benbow said:

No No! At the risk of boring everyone but in the interests of authenticity here goes! Up until 1935 the Fordson N was only available on steel wheels for agricultural use. From 1935 it was offered with the option of pneumatic tyres. It was painted Dark Blue until 1937 when the colour changed to 'Harvest Gold' , light orange to you and me!  During 1940 the colour changed to Green to make them less conspicuous to enemy aircraft and the wide wings were replaced with narrow ones to save metal for the war effort. June 1945 saw the last N produced and the new E27N Fordson Major introduced.

Sorry to be a pain but we like to have the correct lettering and crests on our locos so why not get the other details right if we can :rolleyes: 

Thanks for this, I will now be painting mine (when it arrives) Harvest Gold - I have Vallejo Light Orange will that suffice?

I was being tongue-in-check with the GWR green but I guess you guessed I was.

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

7 hours ago, Limpley Stoker said:

More really shiny brass plumbing please!

Like this !!

4EBB89F0-5F7E-4644-8707-1E2D304F9CAB.jpeg

That was Lifecolor Oil and Grease painted onto to pencil graphite and it ended up (when dry) with this nice sheen. More of an accident than by design......! 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, KNP said:

Thanks for this, I will now be painting mine (when it arrives) Harvest Gold - I have Vallejo Light Orange will that suffice?

I was being tongue-in-check with the GWR green but I guess you guessed I was.

Model N in harvest gold / celebrity fake tan orange. Fitted with canvas radiator blind that could be slid up and down to aid engine warming. Note that the starting handle is locked in the vertical position when not in use.

d6ff68047f9af6ff403768845c700fbe.jpg.4584b1bf8ac08dd0509be2ee69c730f6.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

Model N in harvest gold / celebrity fake tan orange. Fitted with canvas radiator blind that could be slid up and down to aid engine warming. Note that the starting handle is locked in the vertical position when not in use.

d6ff68047f9af6ff403768845c700fbe.jpg.4584b1bf8ac08dd0509be2ee69c730f6.jpg

Is that with or without the plough or other attachments? Not that I am in anyway implying that said attachment is required of course but it would seem to be leaving the job half done if one wasn't included. What does the committee think?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, KNP said:

3424.jpg.99b8720f2dbd6043843df9b6acddb529.jpg

A few things.

This is the second photo you have posted recently of the wagon and both times you have managed to conceal the letter "L".   (The previous time it was concealed by a post.)  Is that for the grand-childrens' benefit?

And what is with the guy in the pannier?  He does nothing but stare at that blasted pipe.  What is he worried about?

Great photo by the way.

• Like 2
  • Funny 4

2 hours ago, Bogie said:

And what is with the guy in the pannier?  He does nothing but stare at that blasted pipe.  What is he worried about?

It's got me thinking about a friend of mine who was sent home from hospital with a catheter fitted. He wasn't impressed with the amount of aggravation caused by having to get up in the middle of the night to pee. (Something he had not had to do before) So we suggested extending the tube with a roll of windscreen washer hose I found in the garage and poking it out of the bedroom window. Problem solved.

His wife wasn't impressed. She thought he would try to do it.

Great photo by the way.

I'll second that.

Edited by MrWolf
Stupid autocorrect
  • Like 1
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, Benbow said:

Thanks @Benbowfor this information. Is the current Oxford tractor a Fordson N?

CD8A8B64-B901-4419-A82E-280F9D3AB250.jpeg.e3a2dd5e3d98c0385a528553777f1453.jpeg

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

I found, purely by accident, that the Acrylic Matt Varnish I use to seal the weathering powders,can be 'burnished' using the larger softer make up brushes in my collection. It gives a nice, metallic glint to any part so treated. 

Just gently flick the brush back and forth. Light contact only so as not to remove varnish.......I know this. 

Here's a view of the smoke box of Bleat Wharf's resident Bachmann 3F. 

Rob. 

post-14122-0-60560700-1491611137_thumb.jpg

• Like 13
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

6 hours ago, Bogie said:

A few things.

This is the second photo you have posted recently of the wagon and both times you have managed to conceal the letter "L".   (The previous time it was concealed by a post.)  Is that for the grand-childrens' benefit?

Great photo by the way.

Thanks

The fireman has what is called in the medical profession a 'fixed stare'... 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Neal Ball said:

Thanks @Benbowfor this information. Is the current Oxford tractor a Fordson N?

CD8A8B64-B901-4419-A82E-280F9D3AB250.jpeg.e3a2dd5e3d98c0385a528553777f1453.jpeg

That is a Fordson E1A Major made 1950-62, which is the same as the red example that appears further back in the thread. I think that the N is still available as a whitemetal kit.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3