Little Muddle

KNP

6 hours ago, MrWolf said:

That is a Fordson E1A Major made 1950-62, which is the same as the red example that appears further back in the thread. I think that the N is still available as a whitemetal kit.

It is actually a Power Major introduced in 1958 and only built for two years but still at the rate of 280 per day! It was followed by the last of the E1A s the Super Major which continued in production until July 1964. 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 4

I bow to your superior knowledge there, I have tried to blot out my tractor knowledge. I did recall that the very last ones had grey wheels instead of orange and really early majors have a different grille mesh painted body colour rather than orange.

Useless fact number 244976(B).

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Now a question for the committee....

The tricycle van painting has commenced and a couple of coats of grey primer added along with some black/grey to roof etc.

Now my question is, I rather like the grey with say some red writing on the side.

What is the opinion of the committee?

3426.jpg.07a5fcc0ea14d1343d9aa7bb15ab64e7.jpg

Edited by KNP
  • Like 16
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, KNP said:

The tricycle van painting has commenced and a couple of coats of grey primer added along with some black/grey to roof etc.

Now my question is, I rather like the grey with say some red writing on the side.

We'll let you know, once we've confirmed the next committee meeting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold

I think that it would look good in dark blue, with carefully planned and executed white writing on the side, right down to little details like the owners' telephone number. But I'm not on the committee, so I expect my ideas will be disregarded.

• Like 8
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

As a purveyor of quality footwear to the local gentry I agree that a sombre shade of grey would be appropriate - as long as the lettering on the sides was not too bright a shade of red - but as a member of the public I’m entitled to make my views known before the committee meets.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, KNP said:

It looks very nice in Grey Kevin. 

Personally I’d suggest it’s left in grey, red or black lettering I would have thought would be typical of the times.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KNP said:

And whilst all the talk of the tricycle van colour went on a short freight train past by on the mainline...

3414.jpg.85ae414c39e8d796dcefa2ca765f92ef.jpg

Grey is obviously good enough for the Great Western's vans, good enough for Reliant vans too.

• Like 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

On 23/02/2021 at 09:22, KNP said:

Hardy's Hobbies figures in the wild.

As I normally do, set them up and sit back for a day of two to see if I like the positions.

Dr. Agon in the woods behind the main curve, doesn't read right at the moment so might move him, cries out for a dog though and they do some to.....!

3418.jpg.027d3a992c86ff39b3af2a0c6bcc336d.jpg

Coalman loading sacks in the yard.

Like, might make some empty sacks to imply he has just started filling.

3419.jpg.b96024cb1f37a56c63e1edd1451e9f0a.jpg

Now the delivery man, well did he have a moan....yes he did.

I placed him position, happy with that.

Then the tricycle van arrived yesterday (not the one I ordered but then I was planning to repaint so not a concern really) and placed it in the factory yard.

Well, well, well......

Moan, his first words where I have 30 more boxes to deliver and how am I going to fit them all in?

Then he whinged on about being seen around town driving that?

and to conclude he feels he won't fit in and if he does then it will fall over at the first bend.......!!!

That a side it is a nice and unusual model so thanks for the suggestion.....he will have to live with it!!

3420.jpg.7a1ab8b9fcaad237dc5b1c6531e68d84.jpg

I had a nice reply from Steve Hardy about the motorcycles for our era and he said they had nothing planned but it would go in the suggestion box.

When the situation allows them to go out and about 3D scanning they might very well do some.

I am impressed with there models and will be ordering some more in the next day or two.....

Hmmm no idea what the animals on Little Muddle eat but those guys have trodden in something a very odd colour!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 4

1 hour ago, wamwig said:

Hmmm no idea what the animals on Little Muddle eat but those guys have trodden in something a very odd colour!

As Little Muddle is set so very firmly in the past, not only do they have to deal with pigeon poop shipped in by the LNER, it's looking like they're having to deal with pterodactyl poop as well, big puddles of it in fact...

• Like 1
  • Funny 6

Now hang on a minute you can't just go suggesting something like that just because it seems like a good idea. You have weigh these suggestions up. Consider all the possible outcomes before you make a proposal like that. Besides which the committee is considering the previous submission about the colour of the Robin Reliant. Come back in six months once you've done a feasibility study. 

I don't know people now a days. They think they can just jump right to the front of the queue. If we allow that sort of thing you'll never know where its going to end.

Good idea though.

Edited by Winslow Boy
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 10

52 minutes ago, Mick Bonwick said:

I think an index is called for. What do you think?

Obviously a volunteer is needed, unless the good burgers of Little Muddle care to stump up a few readies.... How are you fixed for  a few hours of Pro Bono work Mick?  (don't know how that pop star managed to sneak in here! )  

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, DonB said:

Obviously a volunteer is needed, unless the good burgers of Little Muddle care to stump up a few readies.... How are you fixed for  a few hours of Pro Bono work Mick?  (don't know how that pop star managed to sneak in here! )  

Is that Macdonalds or Burger King, burgers, or maybe Wimpey ?

• Like 2