Little Muddle

KNP

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

Now hang on a minute you can't just go suggesting something like that just because it seems like a good idea. You have weigh these suggestions up. Consider all the possible outcomes before you make a proposal like that. Besides which the committee is considering the previous submission about the colour of the Robin Reliant. Come back in six months once you've done a feasibility study. 

I don't know people now a days. They think they can just jump right to the front of the queue. If we allow that sort of thing you'll never know where its going to end.

Good idea though.

Perhaps one of the staff can sort it out once the crate has been unloaded, or the engine shed door replaced.

Adrian

• Agree 6

2 hours ago, John Besley said:

One of those card index systems... with dog eared corners and Manila index card separates? All held in place with a big elastic band ?

Go find us a prewar Roladex machine and we'll get back to you...:jester:

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, KNP said:

Railcar waiting in bay platform for passengers to load from local service.

3416.jpg.fe2bce1da22b6a9bcaecdee22b4e3683.jpg

Just an observation, and in no way a criticism but where the railcar and steam engines wait should really have oily grungy ballast as all these drip hot oil, coal dust, ash etc onto the ballast, for a while I've puzzled over this thinking something was missing...

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Those back gardens look really inviting- so realistic!  Has the photographer up there just been reading the Reliant van catalogue and shown it to his wife. She will be choosing the colour, probably!

• Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

15 minutes ago, Limpley Stoker said:

Those back gardens look really inviting- so realistic!  Has the photographer up there just been reading the Reliant van catalogue and shown it to his wife. She will be choosing the colour, probably!

Thanks

Already done and transfers in production....

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 2

1 hour ago, KNP said:

From the upstairs window of the shoe factory I stare mindlessly across the station to the engine shed.

I see the crane is out and about?

3421.jpg.84f02805a1c22c07df3facceffb216a1.jpg

Is that a euphamism for........ in a box, away from the grandchildren?

TONY

• Agree 2
  • Funny 2

13 minutes ago, Mick Bonwick said:

I like these 'new' views, they make for a different perspective on life at Enborne and Little Muddle.

P.S. Are you a contortionist by any chance?

Thanks.

Not a contortionist just have long arms.

Remote operation, one outstretched arm, camera resting and held on roof, then looking at picture on iPhone to adjust positioning and taking picture.

Very much a two handed operation with the iPhone sitting in the harbour.....

Encombe?

• Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Mick Bonwick said:

I had just been reading about Wash Common, near Newbury.

http://www.enborne.org.uk/Home_17056.aspx

Wash Common and Enborne feature in my family history and railway history: Enborne was the birthplace of Albert Pibworth, "Old Pib", who was one of the drivers on the famous first non-stop Flying Scotsman run to Edinburgh. He also took part in the 1925 exchange trials, driving an A1 pacific on the GWR. In retirement he lived at Wash Common and is buried in Enborne churchyard.

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/blogs/entry/22886-driver-albert-pibworth-on-the-gwr/

Edited by Harlequin
  • Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 5
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, KNP said:

Thanks.

Not a contortionist just have long arms.

Remote operation, one outstretched arm, camera resting and held on roof, then looking at picture on iPhone to adjust positioning and taking picture.

Very much a two handed operation with the iPhone sitting in the harbour.....

Encombe?

Doesn't the phone get wet, sitting in the harbour  or is the tide out? :lol:

• Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

17 minutes ago, KNP said:

Lets slow things down and catch the Dean Goods clanking across the viaduct.

3422.jpg.a757fad503a2a02ddd46c3ee918906c3.jpg

Must, must get around to doing a transfer for the name stone...

Can you remind me please...thanks

Great pic Kevin, but to me it does beg the question, as to why in heavens name was it designed with such a short roof?

On hot day, Sunburn and exhaustion for the Crew and on a wet day, which the GWR seemed to have a lot of, two very wet, cold crew that might catch a cold, or worse still influenza etc.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

8 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Great pic Kevin, but to me it does beg the question, as to why in heavens name was it designed with such a short roof?

On hot day, Sunburn and exhaustion for the Crew and on a wet day, which the GWR seemed to have a lot of, two very wet, cold crew that might catch a cold, or worse still influenza etc.

I seem to remember reading, that when they first started building cabs, rather than

just spectacle plates, it was the crews that objected the most!

It seems that they regarded it as an insult to their manliness.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3