Little Muddle

KNP

• RMweb Gold

I’m looking forward to this rebuild- don’t listen to any committees ,

carry on at Little Muddle speed and we will be entertained for the rest of the year!

ps could we have a really old inviting inn ?

Edited by Limpley Stoker
Wanted to as, for an imvkting old inn,
  • Like 1
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Premium
On 28/02/2021 at 09:27, KNP said:

Transfers made for the tri-cycle, coated with three quick dustings of Dullcote, left over night to thoroughly dry before dunking into water and applying.

And here is the Reliant Regent tri-cycle delivery van, all 700cc of it.

Look how tiny it is next to the lorry....

3428.jpg.5ba496c6bc515d5be3fdac15e80bd16f.jpg

Transfers added both sides but due to the small size very fiddly to handle so I will leave overnight to dry, apply a coat of varnish to protect before adding some more to front and back.

They are to my own design carried out on a DTP using clip art and patience!!

One thing is for sure, it's unique and the only one in the world.....

Sorry to be pedantic regarding such a lovely model van, but the "Reliant Regent" wasn't introduced till 1950 and it had a small window behind the front door - also a larger engine.

The pre WW2 three wheel vans from 1935 on - the successors to the Raleigh three wheeler vans - were just the "Reliant"!

My Mother's sister married (in her late 40s) a widower who owned a small shop and taxi service in Hurley (Berks - east of Henley on the South side of Thames). He had a Reliant three wheeler van of that type circa late 1950s / early 60s, which he used as a mobile shop to take his trade to the camp-site(s) by the river. In earlier life he had driven a steam lorry for the Reading Mechanical Tar Spraying company - amongst other things. 

Regards

Chris H

• Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

I must Kevin that is a very impressive back scene. Did you fabricate it yourself?

If I had a comment to make it would be that whilst the back scene is awfully good it feels/seems?  a bit 'full'. I always got the impression that LM was one up from a village, not quite a town but somewhere in between a town and a village. I don't know if that was the scene you where trying to set if it was then perhaps thinning out the back scene would help. It is just an observation and I'm sure you'll come up with something that will be excellent.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

18 minutes ago, Mick Bonwick said:

This'll be interesting. Edge of the seat stuff is this!

To me as well as I only have the bare bones of an idea.

It will evolve!

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 2

17 minutes ago, Limpley Stoker said:

I’m looking forward to this rebuild- don’t listen to any committees ,

carry on at Little Muddle speed and we will be entertained for the rest of the year!

ps could we have a really old inviting inn ?

I have this idea of a run down, semi derelict area but we will see

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

On 28/02/2021 at 08:07, KNP said:

Lets slow things down and catch the Dean Goods clanking across the viaduct.

3422.jpg.a757fad503a2a02ddd46c3ee918906c3.jpg

Must, must get around to doing a transfer for the name stone...

Can you remind me please...thanks

Reminder herewith something to contemplate in an idle moment after rebuilding the pub and factory.........

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KNP said:

Now I am going to be really upfront and say this layout has evolved over the years to its current format.

But.....

I feel another modernisation and upgrade program being formulated for the right hand side by the pub and small factory.

Overall area I was happy with but not so much now so here is the general area

F5B97FA4-87FA-4021-8060-214908C5D6E8.jpeg.310b1bd4dcc43dd0cdcb27b774165509.jpeg

Pub and shop looking dated now and a bit basic which I know I could do better.

The main area of concern is this small factory, never quite worked out what it did. First building built for this layout in 2009 now in its third version but time to build something more suitable.

B8CF7929-080C-4D3E-AEB2-BF5E55AC422F.jpeg.c2b8271785a5de3bde9b5550aa8b7ebd.jpeg

Need to sort out the back scene which looks more like a city than a town....

So book a front seat and follow the trails and tribulations of redeveloping an area....!

I must admit I really like this building.  Will be interesting to see what you come up.

Martin

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Some interesting lines and angles there, not always easy to get straight in photos. One of my layouts has a diagonal bit of loading dock that tends to show up with an odd slope in photos despite being completely straight (honest!). It can be very annoying!

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

On the back scene there appears to be a shop with the sign :   .........OG & PH......   This may be a modern building built on the site of the demolished Dog and Pheasant Inn!   Some Little Muddle residents remember it well and wished it had remained in 1935! 

I’m looking forward to several months of reverse planning!

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

I know Little Muddle is not in the sandstone belt, but here is our randomly extended ancient pub with derelict shop adjacent The pub too is in danger of becoming derelict,

F389864D-7B23-428F-AD3E-7C6E29DA2680.jpeg

Edited by Limpley Stoker
Forgot pic
  • Like 6
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

14 minutes ago, Limpley Stoker said:

I know Little Muddle is not in the sandstone belt, but here is our randomly extended ancient pub with derelict shop adjacent The pub too is in danger of becoming derelict,

F389864D-7B23-428F-AD3E-7C6E29DA2680.jpeg

Going in the right direction of something that evolved and not designed from the outset...

Keep em’ coming

• Like 1

On 01/03/2021 at 12:27, KNP said:

I have this idea of a run down, semi derelict area but we will see

A little later in the century and a factory location like that would be just ripe for a little redevelopment as a bijoux set of apartments - I might fancy moving there myself... :D

• Friendly/supportive 2

1 hour ago, KingEdwardII said:

A little later in the century and a factory location like that would be just ripe for a little redevelopment as a bijoux set of apartments - I might fancy moving there myself... :D

Or McDonalds or KFC?

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1