Little Muddle

KNP

5 minutes ago, Mick Bonwick said:

There are some pretty impressive structures coming, I can see. It will certanly keep you off the streets for a while.

Thanks

Off the streets building them!!!

Not there yet, pub roof not happy with and shop not quite right as looks plonked on....

as with everything with this layout it evolves...

but as said it feels right and looks better.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

That looks suitably random! To my eye the pub, if it’s really old , would look better with a steeper pitched roof and lower eaves, but it’s ok for a Victorian build.

It would look even more interesting with a section of each profile.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Or McDonalds or KFC?

Or the whole including station will be flattened and turned into a Sainsbury ... with a bus dept regular service to Encombe, the viaduct will be a cycle path...

• Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

9 minutes ago, John Besley said:

Or the whole including station will be flattened and turned into a Sainsbury ... with a bus dept regular service to Encombe, the viaduct will be a cycle path...

Don't give me ideas as I've found the hammer!

• Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
53 minutes ago, KNP said:

Here is a man looking over the fence at a loco or the sheep of course for his painting...its of course that well known local artist Stan Dare....which he is?

Stan Dare - Painter of the Future? [Eagle comic refers]

• Like 9
  • Funny 2

6 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Although you are modelling something completely different, the new corner of the layout reminds me so much of a place I knew well when I was a teenager. 

feature-750x350-garden-street-island.jpg.35ddcc4fa0af2cc60420e7393a6160f9.jpg

Leicester208.jpg.80a7f9e999f3fc88a205455981ef1ec6.jpg

Very useful couple of pictures......

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, KNP said:

Quick lets change the subject....

Here is a man looking over the fence at a loco or the sheep of course for his painting...its of course that well known local artist Stan Dare....which he is?

3433.jpg.d629004c9530461bd18b3a15d86b46d9.jpg

That’s absolutely exquisite. You’ve even made the mud look muddy. 

I look forward to you beating that photo. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dragonboy said:

That’s absolutely exquisite. You’ve even made the mud look muddy. 

I look forward to you beating that photo. 

Thanks

It was a rushed picture taken last night that was hand (and breath!!) held which turned out rather well.

Couldn’t be bothered to set the tripod up so just rested the camera on the edge of the lane..

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

17 minutes ago, Limpley Stoker said:

Lovely though your livestock train is, especially the pigeon van, I found myself admiring the point rodding and signal pulleys - and wooden walkways!

Wooden walkways - something that I have noticed is quite often forgotten.

Imagine trying to push a wheelbarrow full of something or other over some point rodding?

• Agree 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

51 minutes ago, Tony Teague said:

Great set of pictures.

Its from pictures like that that very often I will get ideas and put them together.

Thanks

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Wow that last one of the petrol garage would be perfect for LM. Just the sort of thing you would see in the olden days.  Somewhere for the Reliant to fill up before it sets off on a delivery run. Squeezed into an awkward site as every where else is taken. Definitely a goer.

• Like 3
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

I just pinch details from the old photos, they're also interesting  for seeing how buildings were laid out or adapted as per the garage. 

The attendant would need to climb on to the wall to operate the Shell pump on the far left. The 1930s dustbins are interesting in photo 3, the lean to shed, tapered in two directions and it's chimney in the Hatter's Arms photo 2. The odd mix of houses shops and factories in photo 1.

These are the things that I am trying to pass on, rather than complete scene ideas.

But there is a ramshackle corrugated tin garage on my layout, I'm working on it at the moment. 

It won't have a shop that sells everything apart from oil and car spares either... ;)

• Like 5

8 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Very nice indeed. I will find a Dukedog I can afford at some point! Again, the attention to detail with the track is very noticeable.

I collect all sorts of photos of old street scenes as inspiration for the fictitious street scenes in my paintings. I have always been fascinated by forgotten corners of towns and villages. I have a few here which might be of interest?

2_LM-CAUSEWAY1-SEPT26.jpg.a05b7b599522f32e4765d57daa3adf8d.jpg

0_LM-CAUSEWAY2-SEPT26.jpg.7707344f372728a657330f5786e8a617.jpg

image-227.png.118d3e455cac1af1acec9e7cdfb571f9.png

enhanc001.jpg.e26a2f2d223405d957d547dddfafc8b4.jpg

Thanks.

Very useful pictures especially the third one as that is what I am aiming for on the model.

Now, I'm no motorbike user but is that chap, on the garage picture, filling one up that has just one wheel?

Not an expert by any means on this mode of transport but I do believe most motorcycles have at least two wheels?

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1