Little Muddle

KNP

1 hour ago, KNP said:

The Old Pub update.

No, I've not abandoned it rather got to a slower stages, namely roof tiles and painting them.

To bring you up to speed I can confirm that the name of the pub will be.....

The Unicorn

Now, this pub will pre-date the railway and some of the harbour wall works as well so it would have stood almost on its own and buildings/town grew around it.

Design plans have changed as ideas where developed and you can see some on the pictures below.

Garage now slate tile

Store now a wriggly tin roof

Fill in store changed to an open wood store.

The plan for the pub itself is that it will have rendered walls, thatched roof with a brick/stone (not sure yet) pub façade.

Side extension will be brick with a plain tile roof as if a newer addition.

Shop, work in progress, but I expect I will get to that part and sit back and let the old memory box visualise various options in the minds eye.

So as of last night this where we are at.

U3.JPG.fb9715af76d39903ced225872d0ff202.JPG

u1.jpg.4ebd3064983066250211af95d73bbe2f.jpg

U2.jpg.4f4484d80d4ab00fd21f4d4c1a1c0b9b.jpg

Pictures are a bit darker than I was hoping for when I brought the model down into the dining room as it is rather a dull day...

Decision made on the garage door , which now the building is glued to the base I can get on with.

It will be a triple door with the RH door a hinge occupation door that will be the main entrance with a other two a pair of sliding, folding doors that push back to allow a vehicle in.

Please note the suggested inspection pit has been included by just scribing the card base and painting with Lifecolor wood.

Isnt that strange about the colours in the second and third photos. In the 2nd photo the store and to some extent in the first photo, comes out a almost azure blue but when you see it in the 3rd one its much darker almost a battleship grey.

My initial thoughts were that it was because of the corrugation but the same colour much weaker is there in the 1st photo above the garage roof and that is I think timber.

Now the only thing that has changed is the cameras location, I'm assuming you're not done any wizardry etc so one can assume it can only be a trick of perspective. 

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Those old stone floor slabs are spot on - the remains of an earlier building ?   the log store and tools look ready to use, it’s a pity it won’t be easily seen, but I’m sure you will find a way! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Winslow Boy said:

Isnt that strange about the colours in the second and third photos. In the 2nd photo the store and to some extent in the first photo, comes out a almost azure blue but when you see it in the 3rd one its much darker almost a battleship grey.

My initial thoughts were that it was because of the corrugation but the same colour much weaker is there in the 1st photo above the garage roof and that is I think timber.

Now the only thing that has changed is the cameras location, I'm assuming you're not done any wizardry etc so one can assume it can only be a trick of perspective. 

No change to the camera settings only to the angle that the model was aimed at the window, and of course any slight change in the light coming in through the window.

Al three had the room light on.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

1 hour ago, Limpley Stoker said:

Can I tempt the design team with this Somerset gem from Porlock

59E12AA5-4A35-45F3-A736-824540A3EA4F.jpeg

Very nice, my type of building.

Hand it, change the stone to brick and that is the format I'm thinking of.

Love the chimney and small inglenook window, the old design brain has kicked into high gear......

Edited by KNP
  • Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 2

13 hours ago, Limpley Stoker said:

This is how the ‘Top Ship Inn’ looked in much earlier times, as the coach arrives.

CEEEE875-A3CC-4C63-9C2A-4A95A08A0568.jpeg

Its interesting how that arched entry to the far right appears to have either got bigger in the later of the two pics, or is that a trick of the camera angle. Certainly there appears to be a enlargement of the window of the room above passage. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

That's a nice bit of vegetation by the wall, beautifully modelled. Doing your bit for biodiversity.

(come to think of it, there's a challenge for you: 4mm scale bees!)

• Like 6
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KNP said:

Having a quick fly past, the Squadron Leader has sent me a couple of pictures of the garage using his new zoom lens.

Doors are built and on.

IMG_3075.jpg.a7ad3f4352d8cd919c302dcdb5a052ea.jpg

IMG_3076.jpg.f5c9ee961132ffdb71f21ef8a731cdb9.jpg

For those of you who are interested, I will post later this morning some pictures of how I made them.

And for those of you not interested, there will be a short interlude!

First up very nice job on the doors - really look the dog's whatsits.

But one thing if I may, and not trying to appear picky, concerns the rather ornamental light in the yard of the adjoining building. To me it looks a little too spiffy, I'd be inclined to go for a simpler light fitting over the door of that building. :unsure:

• Thanks 1

That lamp post has a certain "municipal" look .  Did the property owner do a favour for the local council and got a lamp post in return?  It can't have fallen off the back of a lorry, we know how firmly fixed things are on Little Muddle's transport  vehicles.

• Like 3
  • Funny 8

When I built the garage at my old house, I needed two old style doors for it, 5'0"wide and 8'0" high. Due to a lack of a bench big enough, we took the sides off my pickup truck and assembled them on the flatbed, the same way as you have with the model. No wonder that your garage doors look as good as they do!

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, KNP said:

I have to say that organising this train for just one wagon seems a bit excessive....

3471.jpg.5bb8c715f4775cabe08570698d29e276.jpg

Obviously some very hush hush, super important cargo there.

• Agree 3

On 18/03/2021 at 08:22, Siberian Snooper said:

Can't wait for the next thrilling instalment, in the long-running saga of the shed door.

And there was me thinking that I had been running the ongoing saga of the fence being fixed on my Wycombe End layout (to be found within my Lower Thames Yard thread) for too long!

I will have to post another episode.

Perhaps tomorrow, after I get to see what progress(!) the chaps have been making!!

Cheers

Paul

• Friendly/supportive 1

3 hours ago, KNP said:

The interesting thing, never done thatch before so we will be on a voyage of discovery together....

Kevin, if you can get your hands on some Plumbers Hemp it's a good material to use when representing thatch, however, be prepared for a few hours work.

IMG_1564.jpg.517587875072accce22205e86bd4a318.jpg

Done years ago "a la Pendon method " the hemp strands were straightened out then taped to a piece of wood, cut to length, placed as small bunches in rows and working up towards the ridge.

G

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 13