Little Muddle

KNP

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, KNP said:

Toad left on main and 4589 running round.....

3518.jpg.87453305d7d7b31a11158b241e663570.jpg

But to what purpose, one asks?

Good old 45's my favourite engines 4588 was my regular engine back in the 70's on the Paignton line, shame it got sold and gone to the Peak District ... 4588 hauled the very first train when the Paignton line opened on January 1st 1973, fir the first 9 months the DVR had to run as a comuter line to fulfill an obligation from BR to provide a daily service - so guess what we had steam hauled comuter trains with 4588 and 6412 - little known fact lost in the most of time

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

4 minutes ago, KNP said:

Hey up, 4589 now heading down yard siding?

3519.jpg.6b17576acb3afb33d9998f0f353cfcfd.jpg

Toad still on main though so not going back straight away!

Interesting, I shall have to carry on watching this to see what happens!!!

Tell the truth the driver is lost. Either that or he's so fed up he's gone for a little exploration while he's got the chance.:P

Edited by Winslow Boy
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Ponthir28 said:

Who needs line of duty. On Sunday night?

Well this is as close as the railway gets.   Line of Beauty  Although it’s far to early for Diesel young fella and I’ve not yet spotted the wee donkey

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

Well I never. Who would have thought it a heist in broad daylight and at little muddle as well. Where's it all going to end. Oh the suspense is killing me. Are we placing bet on how far he'll get before PC Plod is alerted to this daring piece of criminality. I reckon the viaduct what does anyone else want to have.

Edited by Winslow Boy
  • Funny 5

I started trawling through the pages of this thread thinking there was something vaguely familiar about the presentation, it reminded me of some small french layouts I'd seen,why? Well it's the way I think you've pulled the thing together as a whole concept, also including pictures with no trains.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

If you do get a knock on the door it'll either be me and !long queue of other followers asking for you autograph or the people with a white coat wanting to haul you away because of your 'obsession/desire' to get things absolutely right has pushed you over the edge.

Personally my monies on the first, but that's because I'm what they describe as weird in thinking that quality should be recognised for what it is - talent.

Edited by Winslow Boy
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
On 30/04/2021 at 07:41, KNP said:

No, he's not lost!

Still heading down siding

3520.jpg.46f39ac46de6b35242c6e3018c3b8a8a.jpg

Even the weathers changing, it's gone a bit overcast judging by the lighting and grey clouds... how does he do it...

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

3 hours ago, KNP said:

Picture time...

The sage of 4589 continues.

Crane pulled out and pushed back into head shunt.....

3522.jpg.559043c30ab5e7d5b61943d8f94a3050.jpg

3523.jpg.efc74a020655efb5aa8862e7ecd43f91.jpg

And now 4589 run out onto main line for some reason?

I've worked out your plan, I had many similar situations on Pencarne, (Loco at the wrong end), difficult but lots of lovely moves.:good:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

Logs....

[mid Atlantic drawl] Wellllll, let's looook at the evidence.

The bolster wagon has been sat in the yard for ages.

The crane has been pushed out of the way so clearly the logs aren't to be unloaded at the station ( and anyway the lorry still has a crate on).

The loco & toad obviously made a special trip for something.

The only other option is the wagon with the steam traction engine on.

Viewers, it's over to you[/mid Atlantic drawl]

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Funny 1

[mid Oxfordshire speech]
Thank you for that detailed analysis from our friend over the pond.

Based on the information to hand it appears there are definitely movements afoot and only time will tell what they are......

The photographer was sworn to secrecy so in order to maintain that he kept his eyes closed when taking the pictures.

It must also be remembered that we are working on LM time so it could be a while before we know the ending.

But rest assured dear follower all efforts are dedicated to the efficient, speedy and effect running of this railway for your entertainment.

So stay tuned for the next exciting instalment which is already in the can.......[mid Oxfordshire speech]

Edited by KNP
  • Like 2
  • Funny 6