Little Muddle

KNP

• RMweb Gold

Personally I like the one open

Could you hinge them with some brass rod stuck to the edge of the door going into a hole giving you the option to do either, both or none

Edited by chuffinghell
  • Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

Just as an afterthought. Until the provision of 'mass' produced window frames, where tolerances could be maintained it would have been usual to have well used doors such as these constructed with so much individual glass panes in them as it would have been subject to quite a bit of movement.

Yes I know someone going to produce a picture proving me wrong but coming from a family of plumbers and glaziers I can remember being told this. 

Edited by Winslow Boy
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

2 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Just as an afterthought but until the provision of 'mass' produced window frames, where tolerances could be maintained it would have been usual to have well used doors such as these constructed with so much individual glass panes in them as it would have been subject to quite a bit of movement.

Yes I know someone going to produce a picture proving me wrong but coming from a family of plumbers and glaziers I can remember being told this. 

Good practical point, but from what I remember of country pubs fitted with glazed porches, the door was opened for the morning session and propped open rain or shine. It was basically only used twice a day.

• Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2