Little Muddle

KNP

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

I've just woken up from a long sleep. Whilst I was in the land of nod i dreamt that the crane had gone on a journey but now that I'm awake I see it was but a dream. A bit like LM really.

All back to normal.

Bit like Alice in Wonderland...

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, KNP said:

Front area well underway

Road matching well.

Grass, weeds, shrubs to front of brick building added and blended in adjoining alleyway.

Sieved sand to sides of porch with PVA glue flooded on, Roof Dirt wash applied now need to dry so I can what colour/shade it ends up!!!

Paving added.

B12A38D8-2BD2-49C6-BF0A-942CC6CDC867.jpeg.500d8fe3887fb97d6f86e97f36ba67ce.jpeg

Just an observation for a dockside area this seems to be devoid of shite'hawks....

• Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
17 minutes ago, John Besley said:

Just an observation for a dockside area this seems to be devoid of shite'hawks....

Perhaps there aren't any suitable nesting sites for them close by.

Adrian

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, KNP said:

Back home....

3608.jpg.4f08e361efe555807509e92ce0509429.jpg

Does the funny coloured smoke coming from the chimney which has just appeared at the rear of the crane indicate that it is being prepared for door replacement duty?

Don't see any pigs flying past!

14 hours ago, KNP said:

Front area well underway

Road matching well.

Grass, weeds, shrubs to front of brick building added and blended in adjoining alleyway.

Sieved sand to sides of porch with PVA glue flooded on, Roof Dirt wash applied now need to dry so I can what colour/shade it ends up!!!

Paving added.

B12A38D8-2BD2-49C6-BF0A-942CC6CDC867.jpeg.500d8fe3887fb97d6f86e97f36ba67ce.jpeg

Superb modelling again !

All it needs is one of your little cameos, perhaps a beer supply being unloaded?  A dray with a couple of shire horses and barrels being dropped off' --Literally for barrels up to 18 gallons onto a large straw(?) pillow , bigger sizes lowered down a skid-slope -- I've looked for a photo but not found one yet, I could do a drawing / sketch of a typical skid if required, (I lived in licenced premises for 15 years and saw many beer deliveries ). The horses could be trusted to stay put, while the Dray-men were rewarded with a "quick half" by my Father , not sure that the brewery approved!

You will have a good excuse for a static display since my Father always treated the dray-men with a glass of beer. Not sure the brewery officials approved. The horses were trusted to stay and wait.   

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

If only I could have been scanned by Modelu 50+ years ago I’d be just right for one of those benches, shandy (the real stuff, albeit very weak, not that Top Deck fizzy pop!) and crisps in hand.  It was probably the shandy that set me off on the road to ruin, tho perhaps a couple of decades in the Navy helped……. Kevin, I take my hat off to you yet again for getting things so right that they could be real!

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1