Little Muddle

KNP

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, Siberian Snooper said:

Racing on Little Muddle! Is that allowed?

Anything over a walking pace is considered 'racing'.

Edited by Stubby47
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 8

Racing through the station, even Encombe, ok.

Racing into the station, worrying, as it implies a stop!

Of course it could be the driver's going for a handbrake turn, to avoid hitting the wall.

• Like 2
  • Funny 5

I think it was a spelling mistake. What he actually meant to type was 'rating' into the station. Quite what rating into the station is I'm not too sure. Perhaps the more learned members of the committee may have an answer?

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

6 hours ago, Malcolm 0-6-0 said:

A fine heritage if I may say :drinks:

One cannot be too careful in one's choice of family!

Although, despite in my youth living on licenced premises and with other family-run pubs within easy walking distance, I do drink very little ,usually only with a meal , and I don't remember when I last went to a pub just for a pint. ( saw too many people fall down the steps on Week-end nights!)  Being a pillar of virtue I never smoked either. :angel:

I used to envy people who smoked... think of the money they could save if they gave up smoking.  I never had that option!

Sorry ...Off Topic!  i do envy Kevin's skill with the camera.

• Thanks 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
26 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

I think it was a spelling mistake. What he actually meant to type was 'rating' into the station. Quite what rating into the station is I'm not too sure. Perhaps the more learned members of the committee may have an answer?

Rating? Is that what the Winslow Boy would have become if he hadn't been thrown out of Naval College? 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
16 minutes ago, DonB said:

I used to envy people who smoked... think of the money they could save if they gave up smoking.

I gave up smoking when I went to University, because I found that I couldn't afford to smoke, drink, drive a car and go out with women. I'm still not sure whether I made the right choice...

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 5

12 hours ago, Oldddudders said:

He does live in Plymouth....

12 hours ago, Graham T said:

Ah, now I think I see the problem...

Oiy You two, I comes from Plymoff, and I'm easily offended. that's goin to cost e a Pasty each later.:P

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, KNP said:

Bradley Manor easing into platform 2 at Encombe Town Station with the express passenger service.

Auto train waiting to see if it has any customers.

3614.jpg.4e9869c602a21c9401110e2c1a5bea8a.jpg

You can't beat a proper Manor, Lovely pic as well, Kevin.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Oiy You two, I comes from Plymoff, and I'm easily offended. that's goin to cost e a Pasty each later.:P

I've nothing against Plymouth personally (far better than Portsmouth), but as ex-Navy I have to confess that I was once a "snotty".  Casting my mind back, I suspect a few people had an aversion to me then as well!

• Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, Mick Bonwick said:

I think that most people have an aversion to something or other. I, for example, have an aversion to apostrophe abuser's.

We'll ewe wood.

Edited by Stubby47
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 6

20 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

We'll ewe wood.

Shut up you lot! I'm trying to admire the lovely scene that young Kevin has spent hours arranging. I don't want to know about yous lot picadilos. Go and put some cream on it and gargle with TCP.

• Thanks 1
  • Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

10 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Shut up you lot! I'm trying to admire the lovely scene that young Kevin has spent hours arranging. I don't want to know about yous lot picadilos. Go and put some cream on it and gargle with TCP.

Paraffin and a wire brush for extreme cases.

The manor does look well there, even though it has more wheels and a lot more cab than I am used to. As usual I am drawn past it to see what is in the rest of the picture!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Winslow Boy said:

Shut up you lot! I'm trying to admire the lovely scene that young Kevin has spent hours arranging. I don't want to know about yous lot picadilos. Go and put some cream on it and gargle with TC

Apologies but I think I may have got that the wrong way round. So sorry if that's caused any damage but the side affects should subside eventually.

• Friendly/supportive 3