Little Muddle

KNP

• RMweb Gold

Hi Kevin,

Have you thought about using a parabolic reflector to try to get more directional light, a bit more like direct sunlight? I don't know if it would work for model photography but I think you'd need what they call a "deep umbrella" and maybe a smaller light source, something like an LED filament bulb.

(I'm imagining Encombe in the sunshine with the sunlight glinting off the copper chimney cap of a speeding express and sharp shadows under the platform canopies...)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, KNP said:

Well, after appnlying some invisible tape the lens seems OK!

3633.jpg.1a78efe4cb23d272a217a73c4d592376.jpg

Now that is a cracking photo young Kevin. You can easily visualise it coming quietly into Encombe.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, KNP said:

Let’s have a go

Surging across the viaduct the Earl steams pulling the local passenger service towards LM station.

Passengers looking expectantly out the windows at the passing views.

Steam billowing from the funnel but wait is that signal down, yes, 

we going to have to stop....and wait....

This is easier, you can use your imagination to fill in the gaps!

Please sir, has there been a regional boundary change, that I have missed?

i.e. Encombe / L Muddle are now  LM / SR. Are we saying goodbye to GW types?

We need to know, they've already, seemingly, installed upper quad signals.

TONY

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Bogie said:

Please do not take this personally but the laziest people in the world must work at Little Muddle.

Work? We've never seen any of them do any work!

• Agree 2
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Gold

Would you bother working if some giant hand from the sky might plant your potatoes, plonk a shed down, and where the hell did that pub come from?  Unicorn is about right something very magical about it.

On the people we only see the lazy ones the rest must be busy doing all the work and dont tell me you have never seen a group of blokes standing around while some poor devil is doing the grafting.

Don

Edited by Donw
  • Like 1
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, KNP said:

A picture taken earlier from the creamery siding as 2322 past by.

3638.jpg.945479ed2f73c961ade34e8650854106.jpg

I like pretty much all of your photographs, Kevin, but for some reason this one is particularly good. I haven't got the faintest idea what it it is about it that appeals, just that it does.

Four 'its' in one sentence. Is that good grammar?

• Like 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Mick Bonwick said:

I like pretty much all of your photographs, Kevin, but for some reason this one is particularly good. I haven't got the faintest idea what it it is about it that appeals, just that it does.

Four 'its' in one sentence. Is that good grammar?

Thanks

Its because it’s at eye level and it’s showing distance and it’s got perspective and it’s got the main subject nearly out of view.

There five it’s.....

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 4
  • Funny 4

After being forced into buying a replacement tractor because my original red one was of the wrong era here we are at present.

Grey primer and two coats of orange have been applied and I might add a third one today.

Strange, orange seems a bold colour, looks like it should cover well but no matter how much I mix it the coverage is rather weak.

39331ADC-02DE-485E-97FB-440325B26190.jpeg.151b8bdf8746515e69872d34e19a14dc.jpeg

Colour as advised and based on the picture supplied by MrWolf.

One question for all you experts on tractors mine doesn’t have any ‘funnels’ ? The pictures I’ve seen show two, guessing one is for the exhaust and the other an air intake with a filter on the top….in 1938 would they have been fitted or is the model correct?

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold
40 minutes ago, KNP said:

One question for all you experts on tractors mine doesn’t have any ‘funnels’ ? The pictures I’ve seen show two, guessing one is for the exhaust and the other an air intake with a filter on the top….in 1938 would they have been fitted or is the model correct?

I'm not an expert in any sense of the word, but there is a depiction of a WW2 enamel sign that shows 2 'funnels'. You will need a female figure in dungarees to go with it, though.

344845817_FordsonNWW2Poster.jpg.006759ea07ec8001a2788357bb88186e.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Mick Bonwick said:

I'm not an expert in any sense of the word, but there is a depiction of a WW2 enamel sign that shows 2 'funnels'. You will need a female figure in dungarees to go with it, though.

344845817_FordsonNWW2Poster.jpg.006759ea07ec8001a2788357bb88186e.jpg

Surely should be "Fordson Model OO"!

• Like 1
  • Funny 8