Little Muddle

KNP

• RMweb Premium

But Snowflake's in the harbour and we all know that type can be 'tender' if you start making waves. And Kevin has enough trees, some of them must be beeches. I'd lief be under a beech than on a beach. And can LM be at the seaside if it is without peer?  

• Like 4
  • Round of applause 5
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, The White Rabbit said:

But Snowflake's in the harbour and we all know that type can be 'tender' if you start making waves. And Kevin has enough trees, some of them must be beeches. I'd lief be under a beech than on a beach. And can LM be at the seaside if it is without peer?  

Or the man with the camara ' take a picture of the lovely lady?

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 4

2 hours ago, KNP said:

Looking across the layout from one side of the room to the other.

No trains today, they are hiding from those pesky panniers....again!

3732.jpg.25c0c54a645cda4b2ba35ff051e28415.jpg

Its the little details that count, any Rabbits?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

They're hiding... though not in the same places as hedgehogs, prickly... 

When I've included them and birds in my countryside modelling, they are often (unintentionally) difficult to spot. But if you're not top of the food chain, being too visible can lead to you becoming lunch for something else. 

What is the 'small mammal' count Kevin? 

• Like 3

I have to say the old motive fleet has grown since I started posting on this site in earnest.

For years I had just two loco's and now I have 18 of them of which 6 are static and used as photo props.

One day I will post a picture of them all arranged in the goods yard like I have done previously - if I have the room?   

I also got some more storage boxes as I have run out of space......?

• Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, KNP said:

So the next project is borne along with four Parkside wagon kits - 2 PO grain and 2 Gunpowder, that I had for my birthday.

I'd be very nervous of taking gunpowder to Little Muddle! What could possibly go wrong?!

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Just now, checkrail said:

I'd be very nervous of taking gunpowder to Little Muddle! What could possibly go wrong?!

Should be safe as it would never get unloaded, thinking about that I expect that would be more of a problem after a while!!!

• Like 4
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 4

6 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

Explosives of that era tend to sweat after a while and become highly unstable.

Agree, that's why I have brought a red flag and a tin hat for when I move them around the layout......

• Like 1
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, KNP said:

I have to say the old motive fleet has grown since I started posting on this site in earnest.

For years I had just two loco's and now I have 18 of them of which 6 are static and used as photo props.

Take care Kevin!

I know to my cost that things can spiral out of control.....

(A friend) :crazy:

• Like 3
  • Agree 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Twenty three.

Oh cr@p.

I have 23 locos and I don't even have a layout (yet)!

And Stephenson's Rocket looks quite small next to a Western....

• Funny 7
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Did anyone else have a mis-spent youth and experiment with weed killer (sodium chlorate I think) and sugar to make an explosive ?

One of my child hood mates was a bit of a maniac with this stuff.  We used to put it into sealed tobacco tins or copper pipe (with one end hammered down, and a stone in the other).  Light a short fuse and run like hell.  The copper pipe was a basically a cannon. If it did not blow up the stone was propelled at some velocity. 

I lost touch with him years ago - I hope he is still in one piece.  Another kid in the village where I grew up, destroyed an old World War 2 air raid shelter with a similar but much larger concoction.  He ended up in the Royal Navy. 

I hope there are not similar characters in LM.  Much too picturesque to be blown up. 

• Like 7
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 3