Little Muddle

KNP

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, KNP said:

Two gunpowder vans sitting in the quietist siding I had waiting to go to the paint shop.

This will highlight any areas needing further attention, can see a few in these pictures, as I have said before - funny what you don't when working on them but then see in pictures!!

3740.jpg.a7594bee2e5941023558b9997724de4f.jpg

3741.jpg.f77664acb0ed160d0c4bdf217dba3273.jpg

Photos are good at showing things up, posted this photo of my NER gunpowder van converted from a Mink on ANTB and only then did I notice the tare weight at a jaunty angle... 

No one has pointed it out, hasn't anyone else noticed or are they just being polite? 

20210728_110754.jpg.ece57e6594b998afbf02d251210ca898.jpg

• Like 8
  • Friendly/supportive 9

Same here, it wasn't until I posted a picture of my scratch built weighbridge office that I realised I hadn't painted the return of the brick plinth by the bottom of the door frame. 

Spot the shiny red plastic!

IMG_20201230_030254.jpg.d28c551f4f9a6b2a57c274916db0b4ee.jpg

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 15

• RMweb Gold
On 29/07/2021 at 11:22, KNP said:

It must be the week of wagon building what with John (Checkrail) and Rob (MrWolf) posting pictures of their ones here is my explosive input….!

Two Parkside PC86 Gunpowder Vans.

B04DCD5F-2813-41E4-A578-A60AA615F22D.jpeg.39cdb3949957d81cbe2bee53b2441d50.jpeg

Just thought I would mention that all my ventilated vans have a central upper supports holding the top edge firm.

I have found over the years that I tend to pick them up in the middle and glue edge between the side wall top and roof can be minimal so the sides get pushed in - this bar stops that happening.

Lead also glued to floor.

Spooky, not only have I been building wagons too, but also a GPV and for the first time used exactly the same method for bracing the sides, albeit on a cattle wagon. The GPV used my usual technique of a bit of off-cut sprue.

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

Maybe it's because I'm a Muddler
That I love Lil' Muddle so
That I think of her wherever I go
I get a funny feeling inside of me
Just walking up and down
That I love Encombe Town

• Like 6
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Round of applause 10

32 minutes ago, KNP said:

Just an old slide of 3203 passing through Encombe Town.

Don't know when it was taken but my guess was 1938 with a new fangled digital compact camera!

3739.jpg.6fb2f7d3b51a2c1d2be8dfcbcc88f1d8.jpg

Rumour has it that those fancy new cameras are being made by Karl Zeiss and fitted to those new Dornier "High Speed Mail Planes", something to do with "Das Google Earth Greater Reich", whatever next!?!

• Funny 14

1 hour ago, MrWolf said:

Rumour has it that those fancy new cameras are being made by Karl Zeiss and fitted to those new Dornier "High Speed Mail Planes", something to do with "Das Google Earth Greater Reich", whatever next!?!

Well I've heard that they will be able to make people move and you will hear them on pictures soon, and there is even talk of being able to record such events on a mobile phone, that still hasn't been invented.:swoon:

• Like 2
  • Funny 5