Little Muddle

KNP

• RMweb Premium

Just admit it - they were photos you took a few years back before you worked out the the camera settings.

Next thing you'll be blaming the young fella for that door that isn't attached.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 6

What I meant to say was - beware the dark side as that's where the cable reel is and  i don't won't you tripping over it.

I don't know you lot don't half have vivid imaginations.

Nice to see the younger generation being encouraged to take an interest in something none computerised.

• Agree 3

3 hours ago, KNP said:

Work continues on 6697 as it slowly moves through the workshop.

It is a DC split chassis loco by Mainline and I had planned to convert it to DCC but I've run into a problem.

The split chassis has actual split, or fractured, on one side around one of the fixing screws and wire terminals so it can't be easily fixed so this will become another one of my growing fleet of static photo props.....!

The motor and all gears have been removed, sides fixed and isolated with super glue and it runs very well - when pushed!!

This is where we are as of an hour ago

3798.jpg.e58c63f25b26b019ec670da294aea93b.jpg

3799.jpg.63fbc38000d63c509201d159c3afa5f9.jpg

Self explanatory really, pictures taken to see what I need to work on next, like buffer faces and the mould line.

LOOK AT THOSE BALANCE WEIGHTS.......GORGEOUS!
This is where the old version scores over the new version.
The balance weights make the loco.
Regards,
Chris.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

Looking at my most recent picture and the next batch I need to decide if I am going to change all loco’s and carriages to the roundel.

When LM was first planned it was modelled around 1935/6 so the new logo and a few old ones would have been seen but now it is firmly fixed in 1938 I expect that would no longer be the case.

Therefore I feel some upgrade work is required.

Any thoughts or comments?

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

I wouldn't worry - this page says that:

Many engines never received the monogram before it was replaced with the more aesthetically pleasing 'G W R' applied from 1942 onward.

I'd suggest the same would apply to coaching stock as well - especially older stock used on sleepy branch lines.

After all, if it takes this long to re-hang a door, think how long it'd take to repaint everything...

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 10

I really like those photos, especially the head on shot on the viaduct. I think that it's a result of a fresh pair of eyes around the layout. 

There's nowhere near as much room on Aston's bridge for platelayers to dodge the trains!

• Like 2
  • Agree 4
  • Thanks 1