Little Muddle

KNP

• RMweb Premium
On 16/09/2021 at 13:02, KNP said:

Looking at my most recent picture and the next batch I need to decide if I am going to change all loco’s and carriages to the roundel.

When LM was first planned it was modelled around 1935/6 so the new logo and a few old ones would have been seen but now it is firmly fixed in 1938 I expect that would no longer be the case.

Therefore I feel some upgrade work is required.

Any thoughts or comments?

Different logos / roundels on each side?

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

2 hours ago, KNP said:

It’s an idea but doesn’t feel quite right to me, saying that it would certainly double my rolling stock…!

A mate of mine has just done similar on an O Gauge Class 37 in Grey, Coal Sector and Number on one side and and Metals and different Number on the other side.

BUT, We are talking saving almost £700, as you can only see one side at a time.

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold
43 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

A mate of mine has just done similar on an O Gauge Class 37 in Grey, Coal Sector and Number on one side and and Metals and different Number on the other side.

BUT, We are talking saving almost £700, as you can only see one side at a time.

As long as there's no numbers on the ends.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, KNP said:

It’s an idea but doesn’t feel quite right to me, saying that it would certainly double my rolling stock…!

On a previous layout, which had a reverse loop, I painted some coaches different colours on either side for exactly that reason.

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold
On 16/09/2021 at 13:02, KNP said:

Looking at my most recent picture and the next batch I need to decide if I am going to change all loco’s and carriages to the roundel.

When LM was first planned it was modelled around 1935/6 so the new logo and a few old ones would have been seen but now it is firmly fixed in 1938 I expect that would no longer be the case.

Therefore I feel some upgrade work is required.

Any thoughts or comments?

I wouldn't worry about it too much, I'm sure a lot of locos and stock never received the roundel until much later on, if at all. It would all depend on repaint and overhaul schedules. That's my excuse for having a mix of "Great Western" and roundels.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1