Little Muddle

KNP

3 hours ago, KNP said:

Nope, one of my best runners.

Hmmm you'll have to explain that comment in the context of LM.

As nothing actually runs on LM wouldn't it be more accurate to describe it as doing a stately stroll.

Or are you saying it's attempting to flee from the long arm of law enforcement.

Please clarify as I'm in a highly agitated state of confusion which is not good as Matron will have to be called very soon.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

48 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Hmmm you'll have to explain that comment in the context of LM.

As nothing actually runs on LM wouldn't it be more accurate to describe it as doing a stately stroll.

Or are you saying it's attempting to flee from the long arm of law enforcement.

Please clarify as I'm in a highly agitated state of confusion which is not good as Matron will have to be called very soon.

I think the best way to solve this is to say it runs without assistance from the big hand in the sky…

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

Unkind. The vast majority of layouts on RMweb are only photographed, not filmed. We have no idea in most cases whether the trains run or not. And I don't much care - they still inspire me to try harder. 

• Like 4
  • Agree 7
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Good point. Anybody can have trains that whizz round and round and round and round..... 

I come here for the inspiration, realism and craftsmanship. Whether it all works or not is rather a secondary issue. I think that we all have a loco that is busted or runs like a washing machine full of nails, but it looks good and we either can't bear to get rid of it or can't afford a replacement. 

Of course, it would be nice if everything we had worked flawlessly, but it's a case of time and money with locos and stock that aren't readily available.

That said, the running quality of so many new models would be a bit of a gamble it appears.

• Agree 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Actually, there's quite a few on eBay at present, but all of the GWR liveried ones are new and the thick end of £300. 

So it's going to be a case of being patient or repainting a BR liveried second hand one for about half the price.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

Good heavens I didn't realise my comment would cause such agitation amongst the fellow followers. It wasn't meant to. It was just meant as a funny response. Peeps calm down.

I am very aware that the standard of modelling on this thread is par excellence - it is one of reasons I follow it - the other is because it is not taken to seriously. 

Don't overthink things otherwise Matron will be kept busy.:mellow:

Edited by Winslow Boy
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 3

Agitated? Moi? Not at all. I was simply pointing out that Little Muddle is a different mindset. There's lots of big roundy roundy layouts around that only pay minimal attention to what's outside of trains, track and signalling. Each to their own, but I have to take in the whole scene. It's probably why I only really look at two or three layouts at exhibitions and they're often the ones where time stands still! 

• Like 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

Tell me about it. I've just finished pressing some leaded bronze bearings into some motorcycle crankcases ready to take to the

machine shop in the morning and my other half is still half buried in books. 

I have managed about 15 minutes model painting time whilst the crankcases were heating up in the oven to release the old bearings.

I think that we all need a substantial lottery win!

• Friendly/supportive 5

2 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

Tell me about it. I've just finished pressing some leaded bronze bearings into some motorcycle crankcases ready to take to the

machine shop in the morning and my other half is still half buried in books. 

I have managed about 15 minutes model painting time whilst the crankcases were heating up in the oven to release the old bearings.

I think that we all need a substantial lottery win!

I remember seeing a film once where I think it was Billy Crystal was able to make copies of himself so that he could do all the things he didn't have the time to do. Clones anyone? or should that be send in the clones.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1