Little Muddle

KNP

36 minutes ago, John Besley said:

That's about right for LM.... seeing as time seems to have stood still in another 50 years they will have worked out how to fix a door and remove a crate .... cant rush good stuff

I do worry about that, ten years into British Railways ownership they'll probably have taken the roof off the engine shed or closed it altogether.

Long may time stand still at Little Muddle!

• Agree 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, KNP said:

Tender inside frame with water scoop built and out for a test run!!!!

A2F50911-2C34-4AA5-BD9D-C614A3975F14.jpeg.124e660b8952c034efe84abc60da3482.jpeg

OK…..time to cheer you up

Why didn’t the tender chassis go to the party?

….….

Had no body to go with.

I thank you

The water scoop will be redundant, trains don't run fast enough, to be able to make a pick up.

Heading for the door, now.

• Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
25 minutes ago, Siberian Snooper said:

The water scoop will be redundant, trains don't run fast enough, to be able to make a pick up.

Heading for the door, now.

Dont worry some young cleaner will wind it down thinking it was the handbrake and the while thing will come off when they move off shed...

• Funny 9

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, MrWolf said:

I do worry about that, ten years into British Railways ownership they'll probably have taken the roof off the engine shed or closed it altogether.

Long may time stand still at Little Muddle!

I must admit if LM moved into the early 50's nothing much would change apart from a repaint of a couple of locos into early BR  black... along with blood and custard on some coaching stock

A few vehicles might change such as the Thornycroft truck to an BR bedford

Edited by John Besley
  • Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

Of course, I forgot that a complete repaint of a station means that it will close the next month. :jester:

If Kevin buys any more panniers he'll have to think what livery to put them in as I think the only one he hasn't done is BR and LT... 

• Funny 8
  • Friendly/supportive 1

4 hours ago, KNP said:

Tender inside frame with water scoop built and out for a test run!!!!

A2F50911-2C34-4AA5-BD9D-C614A3975F14.jpeg.124e660b8952c034efe84abc60da3482.jpeg

OK…..time to cheer you up

Why didn’t the tender chassis go to the party?

….….

Had no body to go with.

I thank you

Is that Mr Barrowman at the crossing?:laugh:

• Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, KNP said:

3833.jpg.8f726633ea8e4362b9fcf4b560dc2c32.jpg

With your daily posts, @KNP it's easy to become blasé about just how great these scenes are - take a step back and it really is hard call this as a model...  Possibly the minor shadows behind the tree on the left the most 'obvious' clue?

Thanks for the taking the time post each morning :good:

• Like 2
  • Agree 10
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Nice bit of work there Kevin. 

Btw; are you loco shed door fitting gang still working on hanging those doors? I made doors (years ago) for the loco shed at Henley on Thames and only found them today. I might need their skill and experience if they are available. :-)

And with that lovely tender chasis, I'm sure I could send a few jobs your way as well!

Have a good evening.

Neal.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, Neal Ball said:

Nice bit of work there Kevin. 

Btw; are you loco shed door fitting gang still working on hanging those doors? I made doors (years ago) for the loco shed at Henley on Thames and only found them today. I might need their skill and experience if they are available. :-)

And with that lovely tender chasis, I'm sure I could send a few jobs your way as well!

Have a good evening.

Neal. 

Thanks, turned out to an easier project than I thought.

I can ask the gang about hanging your doors but they are still working out how to do mine!!!!

Could you imagine the hassle there would be of you sending them to me and me getting them back to you!!!! I feel the system would overload…

• Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
11 minutes ago, KNP said:

Thanks, turned out to an easier project than I thought.

I can ask the gang about hanging your doors but they are still working out how to do mine!!!!

Could you imagine the hassle there would be of you sending them to me and me getting them back to you!!!! I feel the system would overload…

Ah but! I bet the gang would love a day up "on the cushions" to look at the Henley on Thames doors!

There are endless possibilities here :-)

• Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, Graham T said:

I'm also rather impressed that I can see the buttons on his waistcoat, as well as his cap badge!  Disappointed that @KNP neglected to show the porter's watch-chain though...

Would a porter have had a watch (serious question)?

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

18 hours ago, KNP said:

Dean Goods heading down the branch line....

3833.jpg.8f726633ea8e4362b9fcf4b560dc2c32.jpg

I think that picture, of all of the hundreds on this site, sums up everything that I would like to accomplish over the next few years with my own layout. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 4
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, KNP said:

As the 56xx disappeared off into the bright blue yonder a few days ago I took this passing picture.

On closer inspection, not closer actually as once I saw it, it hits you in the face but I do believe the roof on the pigeon van has started to un-stick from one end......!

3832.jpg.19950c39cdd76fee3721e4debb4ce33d.jpg

Time for some superglue I think...

Clearly you have strong Pigeons inside that van!

Font let the shed door fixing gang look at it, it’ll never get repaired :-)

• Funny 7

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

Would a porter have had a watch (serious question)?

Well, guards were issued with pocket watches in my time - and expected to use them. I recall Peter Rayner hammering me on the 10.00 morning conference when a SE guard had been found running several minutes early on an up Chatham stopper. 'Ding ding and away' was just too easy.

OTOH station clocks were large and visible, and supposed to be checked regularly, so I suspect that was how the railway expected porters and other station staff to know the time. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
29 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

Well, guards were issued with pocket watches in my time - and expected to use them. I recall Peter Rayner hammering me on the 10.00 morning conference when a SE guard had been found running several minutes early on an up Chatham stopper. 'Ding ding and away' was just too easy.

OTOH station clocks were large and visible, and supposed to be checked regularly, so I suspect that was how the railway expected porters and other station staff to know the time. 

Thanks Ian. I think you're right - unless the porter had inherited a watch he probably wouldn't have had one.

Peter Rayner - used to enjoy "meetings" with him in the Battle of Trafalgar at Brighton.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1