Little Muddle

KNP

• RMweb Premium
31 minutes ago, Nevermakeit said:

Although you would probably have earnest debates just as lengthy about the veracity of the colour reproduction of this or that particular camera! :)

Exactly. The same view taken on, for example, Kodachrome, Ektachrome, Ilford, Agfa or Fuji would look completely different from each other, especially 50 years or more later.

• Agree 8

11 minutes ago, St Enodoc said:

Exactly. The same view taken on, for example, Kodachrome, Ektachrome, Ilford, Agfa or Fuji would look completely different from each other, especially 50 years or more later.

Yes, I have plenty of pics which now can now, thankfully be caveated as as old film / prints.

(And a memory that remembers the original view, but forgets the original quality (or lack of),

in the original print.

TONY

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

Very true, I remember the colour pictures I took as a teenager in the mid 80s using my mother's old Comet camera and Kodak film  looked as though someone had spent hours on Photoshop messing with effects. It took wonderful black and white pictures though.

I remember showing someone at college a picture of my first big motorcycle (a 650 BSA.) and a loudmouth trying to make me out a liar by saying that it was a 60s photo.

That was despite the bike's lack of a front number plate and the couple in 80s clothing pushing a McLaren buggy nearby.

It was pretty funny when I had repaired it over Easter and rolled up for the new term on it announcing that I had built a time machine.

• Like 5
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

I remember the colour pictures I took as a teenager in the mid 80s using my mother's old Comet camera and Kodak film  looked as though someone had spent hours on Photoshop messing with effects. It took wonderful black and white pictures though.

Interesting. All my memories of 1960s holidays are in Kodachrome, especially the blue skies - because that's what Dad (and later I) used.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

That's what brought about the demise of my mother's camera, it ran on some oddball size of film, making 4x3" prints. It was fine when she bought it for a school trip to Italy in 1955, but by 1989, it was getting very difficult (and expensive!) to obtain and process the film.

Going back to Little Muddle, I think that the black and white photos are wonderfully atmospheric and look like 1930s pictures of the real thing. The colour pictures show off the quality of the model making and the subtle colouring, which gives me a yardstick for scaling down colour and tone. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
22 hours ago, Ponthir28 said:

Traction engine needs to sound it’s whistle. That would give the Dean Goods a scare.

Especially seeing as its probably out of vision right under the bridge :D

Edited by John Besley
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
19 minutes ago, Ponthir28 said:

Looks like it’s having a nice holiday in the West Country. Away from the Welsh valleys.

Have you checked the axle loading on the viaduct ....as that's a red route engine dont want the viaduct falling down 

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Funny 2

2 hours ago, KNP said:

Misty's back in town.....

3852.jpg.4d955e83c3ba13de4f6c3797eaecaf3e.jpg

Lock up ya daughters and stay away from the pub*

* Personally I'd be going to the Peyton Arms, Stoke Lyne ... proper local ! 

Edited by bgman
  • Like 1
  • Funny 9