Little Muddle

KNP

19 minutes ago, KNP said:

Busy, I say, I am busy.....!

Either this chap is new to Little Muddle. Or is it a long standing (!) detail I have missed amongst so many others?

A lovely little scene typical of the railways everywhere until at least the mid 1970's. It has sparked memories of similar such moments at many stations. At the time this was just an ordinary, commonplace and hence unnoticed activity. Like so many those moments have gone forever.

But adding this sort of daily detail is what elevates Little Muddle from the ordinary to the superb. 

• Agree 6
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Ah, the old trick. Carrying something makes you look busy.

That's one of the better Dart castings figures, I think.  He's even better from the side, with a slight forward lean which matches what he is doing IIRC. Something that so many whitemetal figures failed to reproduce.  One reason the new generation of scanned figures look so good is that they capture the bent and curvy shapes of a real person.

• Like 2
  • Agree 6
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

2 hours ago, Fishplate said:

Either this chap is new to Little Muddle. Or is it a long standing (!) detail I have missed amongst so many others?

A lovely little scene typical of the railways everywhere until at least the mid 1970's. It has sparked memories of similar such moments at many stations. At the time this was just an ordinary, commonplace and hence unnoticed activity. Like so many those moments have gone forever.

But adding this sort of daily detail is what elevates Little Muddle from the ordinary to the superb. 

Thanks

He has been there a while, he was on a Cakebox Challenge called Not Another One that never saw the light of day….many of the bits have appeared on LM though.

I will see if I can find some pictures so you can work out what got transplanted….

Edited by KNP
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 4

8 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Now I've got to do them haven't I?

Getting that positive nudge from fellow enthusiasts. What RMWeb is all about, is it not?

The positivity and light hearted 'banter' that also goes on in this forum is a world away from problems reported about other social media.  Long may it continue.

ps. I must get on with my re-assembling railway. . . .  :)

• Like 1
  • Agree 8

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, KNP said:

I make no apologies for posting this again

Good! No apologies needed, it's a wonderful image, and the win was well deserved, both for the modelling and the photography.

Al.

• Agree 5
  • Thanks 2

It's also interesting to see the construction details of the old barn before the undergrowth took over. That weathered timber looks absolutely spot on and some really convincing rotten corrugated sheets, something that isn't easy to pull off in plastic, I'm guessing that they're aluminium foil or similar?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MrWolf said:

It's also interesting to see the construction details of the old barn before the undergrowth took over. That weathered timber looks absolutely spot on and some really convincing rotten corrugated sheets, something that isn't easy to pull off in plastic, I'm guessing that they're aluminium foil or similar?

Sheets are Plastic - vacuum formed

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

11 minutes ago, KNP said:

Sheets are Plastic - vacuum formed

They're rather impressive, I've stuck with the rather heavy moulded ones for walls because of the level of detail, though for rooves and loose sheets I use Wills' clear corrugated glazing because it's the only one I know of that comes close, that would appear to be vacuum formed.

• Thanks 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

Just now, Andrew P said:

WOT? No pics yet, I need my daily FIX.:cry:

I'm busy.....seeing who is busy, on the layout....!!!!

Hmmm....quiet today....

Hang on, see a bit of activity over there.....

Be back in a minute?

• Like 4