Little Muddle

KNP

50 minutes ago, John Besley said:

Cool :sungum:

What the story behind that one

It's a prototype for the VW Type 147, built around a beetle cabriolet chassis to the specification of the German postal service. The production vehicles had more in common with the type 34 Karmann Ghia mechanically and styling wise look like what we knew as the VW Variant.

VW-Type-147-Fridolin-19.jpg.6ee70d5e6f4bfa31811a588874de964b.jpg

Sorry for going :offtopic:

Edited by MrWolf
Manners!
  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Friendly/supportive 2

On 26/05/2021 at 00:41, Oldddudders said:

When Whitbread acquired the estates of other brewers, not unnaturally there might be a few unfamiliar taps appear on the bar.  One of these was Whitbread Tankard, a beer that Professor Spooner might have been advised not to order. 

Prof. Spooner would have had even more difficulty in Australia with Buttercup Bakeries' Country Split loaf, a name which sounds quite rude even before you get to the spoonerisms, of which there is more than one!

• Like 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, KNP said:

7750 has moved to the quality control department for a final inspection…..

…..should the brass safely valve cover in fact be brass or painted? 

Morning Kevin, 7750 looks great now it’s finished.

Looking in the Pannier Papers this loco had a painted safety valve cover in the photo…. But that shows a BR livery.

All other locos around that number show BR liveries, so again no help.

However 7701 is shown in the post war GWR livery, with what looks like a polished cover…. There is also 7761 in BR livery and again what looks like a polished cover.

Unless there is proof when 7750 was painted over, I think it’s your choice about how to present the loco… plus of course, rule 1 also applies!

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Neal Ball said:

Morning Kevin, 7750 looks great now it’s finished.

Looking in the Pannier Papers this loco had a painted safety valve cover in the photo…. But that shows a BR livery.

All other locos around that number show BR liveries, so again no help.

However 7701 is shown in the post war GWR livery, with what looks like a polished cover…. There is also 7761 in BR livery and again what looks like a polished cover.

Unless there is proof when 7750 was painted over, I think it’s your choice about how to present the loco… plus of course, rule 1 also applies!

Thanks.

My thoughts exactly so for the moment it will stay as is unless…….

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 2

17 minutes ago, Bazza said:

But I am glad you realise that this could not have really happened. No18 was the first railcar with normal buffing gear. Still a nice picture though.

Bazza 

Would that be one of the later types with the squared off lower front panelling like the old Lima railcar model?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Bazza said:

No.18 was a one off, and I think was mainly used on the Lambourne branch. 19 onwards were the Swindon built ones like the Lima and the new Heljan model, the single cars anyway.

Bazza

No 18 was the first GWR railcar fitted with drawgear and as a result was regularly used on the Lambourne branch and seen hauling loads.

I seem to recall the roof had different exhaust cowlings as well. At the time it looked different from the ones before.

The Dapol models are the early numbered variety…. Although these tended to be unique Railcars… with those of 19 onwards being of the more “razor edge” design, made in model form by Lima / Hornby and now by Heljan.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2