Little Muddle

KNP

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, Welchester said:

Wouldn't a circus require a 'Python' to convey the elephants?

One of those was the very first kits I made upon returning.  Langley supplied the elephants (I think you had a choice to build them African or Indian).

I don't have a circus... I work in one though :D

• Funny 6

1 hour ago, KNP said:

Beetle is underway and just waiting for uhu holding lead in place to set before inverting and finishing underside.

21A6AC4A-BCF2-4EDB-902C-120ED9E72E5B.jpeg.a1b87cbca4f2778c0dd2275dc87134c6.jpeg

Decide to model it with the shutters closed.

Nice to have metal buffers and stock included instead of the normal plastic which always seems to need to lot of work to sort…

50D68B1C-F08F-4AA2-AE32-B8AA0F6F3D9B.jpeg.51e27b0e77cb276e0eecc2603f47381e.jpeg

Strong crosswind today which blew the roof off allowing us to see the upper braces that stop the sides being pushed in when you pick it up….

This is a dodge that I have adopted for all the vans for my layout. It's irritating when the sides spring free of the roof (as there's not much of a surface to attach to anyway) but it's still firmly attached to the ends so you can't sort it out without risking a lot of damage.

Thanks for sharing the idea back when you did the gunpowder vans.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

45 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

This is a dodge that I have adopted for all the vans for my layout. It's irritating when the sides spring free of the roof (as there's not much of a surface to attach to anyway) but it's still firmly attached to the ends so you can't sort it out without risking a lot of damage.

Thanks for sharing the idea back when you did the gunpowder vans.

No problem.

I have been doing this for years after far to many walls separated from roofs…!

Edited by KNP
  • Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

On 16/11/2021 at 20:56, Neal Ball said:

No 18 was the first GWR railcar fitted with drawgear and as a result was regularly used on the Lambourne branch and seen hauling loads.

I seem to recall the roof had different exhaust cowlings as well. At the time it looked different from the ones before.

The Dapol models are the early numbered variety…. Although these tended to be unique Railcars… with those of 19 onwards being of the more “razor edge” design, made in model form by Lima / Hornby and now by Heljan.

You know what this means - time to get another Railcar! :locomotive:

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 4

6 minutes ago, Metropolitan H said:

Very good - I do like a good GWR railcar.

I assume work is in hand to restore the missing buffers etc on railcar No. 29?

Regards

Chris H

Wrong era for me……

Brought then I changed the era so both became surplus and sit in their respective boxes in a cup’d.

Edited by KNP
  • Friendly/supportive 5

2 hours ago, KNP said:

Whilst Pannier 7750 raises steam in order to shunt around the yard the wagons brought in by the Railcar I thought we would have a change of pace.

Here is a trip down memory lane which shows how much the field behind LM station has changed.

Tried to replicate the camera placings as near as possible

Picture taken 28/08/11

DSC_0132.JPG.ded4716d343058dd7c9772a267bb6629.JPG

Taken on the 18/11/21

P1160451.JPG.778b8342961ad07967fc17ba0b9cf6c8.JPG

Taken also on the 28/08/11

DSC_0133.JPG.62f4315586ec2bd4836b544cf837adb0.JPG

18/11/21

P1160448.JPG.295cb483757d97ff7fcbbf6f4e2e9da7.JPG

In the original pictures the layout would have been about 3 years into the making with Encombe Town station relatively new.

As I say and seen mentioned many a time is a model railway layout ever finished?, certainly not in my case it seems to have evolved.....

More pictures of wagons shunting tomorrow so back to my beetle wagon for now.

Lot of development occurred in the '30s and obviously LM got its fair share of it, it would seem.

As with real life nothing and I include model railways here in particular stands still. What is apparent though in the photos is the obvious improvement in your confidence and ability between the two times.

• Agree 6

1 hour ago, Winslow Boy said:

Lot of development occurred in the '30s and obviously LM got its fair share of it, it would seem.

I wonder what the local Parish Council had to say at their meetings about all this "modern stuff" ?

Was it the equivalent of HS2 LM2 at the time, so many unanswered questions, whatever next......Electrification !!! 

G

• Funny 6

• RMweb Premium
38 minutes ago, bgman said:

I wonder what the local Parish Council had to say at their meetings about all this "modern stuff" ?

Was it the equivalent of HS2 LM2 at the time, so many unanswered questions, whatever next......Electrification !!! 

G

Next of the war and the port turns into a base for an MTB to patrol the Bristol Channel.... place full of Matadors, Bedford QL's, then GMC 6x6...

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Add to that a 96 foot long corrugated Romney hut for torpedo assembly, temporary quarters, admin, defences and a whole lot of other stuff. 

In the England of Little Muddle, hopefully, the art snobs let Adolf join the Vienna school of art and none of it happened.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

Ahem, (dons camouflaged anorak...) The Churchill was a heavy tank built by Vauxhall Motors between 1941-45. (I'm certain that they used some of the leftovers in the 1952-7 Velox cars too... ;)) You're probably thinking of the Vickers light tank, built 1936-40.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Funny 1

53 minutes ago, KNP said:

My goodness…

It looks like those preparations are starting!!!!

AC128BAC-0CD2-4451-B299-C82DD5E2E0D0.jpeg.080f2e1e8fde78a428b62de204412fde.jpeg

Now then Kevin, don't you think thats a bit over the top for delivering the milk to the village ! 

• Funny 10

• RMweb Premium
51 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

Ahem, (dons camouflaged anorak...) The Churchill was a heavy tank built by Vauxhall Motors between 1941-45. (I'm certain that they used some of the leftovers in the 1952-7 Velox cars too... ;)) You're probably thinking of the Vickers light tank, built 1936-40.

That's the one, stand to be corrected

• Friendly/supportive 3