Little Muddle

KNP

Have a look at the photos of Wixford station on the Warwickshire Railways site:-

https://www.warwickshirerailways.com/lms/mrwix587.htm

The shots of the small yard include the portable loading ramp for livestock.

BTW Wixford was the next station north from Broome Junction.

Ian.

Edited by Ian Major
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

6 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Are we now going to have a situation like the Shed door and the crate, where the Cattle Wagon arrives, but there is no one to unload it?

Just a thought, I'm off now.:D

Exciting isn't it........

Couldn't make this up, could you?

• Funny 13
  • Friendly/supportive 1

3 hours ago, KNP said:

Exciting isn't it........

Couldn't make this up, could you?

Let's not forget where we are ! 

By the way Kevin, did you write for Monty Python by any remote chance ? 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Are we now going to have a situation like the Shed door ......

Talking of which.... I noticed the workers at LM were up very early this morning sizing up that door, it was 7am over here in sunny Spain... are they putting in overtime @KNP to get the job done :-)

Maybe thats why the chap reading the paper was moved yesterday.... did he have the plans? Lol

Have a good day, everyone in Little Muddleshire.

• Like 4
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Are we now going to have a situation like the Shed door and the crate, where the Cattle Wagon arrives, but there is no one to unload it?

If you take peek the cattle wagon is already empty... unless the cow or bull is lying down under the radar

• Agree 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
28 minutes ago, John Besley said:

. . . . .  under the radar

First helicopter landing places and now radar - I didn't think radar was around in 1938?

Whatever next?

• Funny 6

On 22/11/2021 at 06:47, KNP said:

And the wagons made it into the yard.......

Exciting isn't it?

3911.jpg.eddccb89896a20e182fb8c1ebe755420.jpg

Now it's a funny thing, but some years back I found myself in a place which shall remain nameless looking at logistic overpack cases for former-Soviet era air to ground missiles, which were rather large, grey, and bore a remarkable resemblance to the grey long pods/boxes here.  Nothing more shall be said about that.  However, I find myself wondering, is this a shipment of Eastern European (or thereabouts) armaments being received into Little Muddle by sea?  Is this some new front in the willy waving war from the chaps over in Russia?  First Crimea, then forget about Ukraine, but take on the hub of all happiness which is Little Muddle (given the apparent lack of HM Customs and otherwise wary eyes)?  Maybe that chap reading the paper is actually on post to spy out the British military on the off-chance this vile scheme is rumbled?  Maybe the plan to adjust the cattle dock is actually a way to dig in an underground missile silo on our doorstep. 

What would the Squadron Leader say?  

Screenshot 2021-11-24 222703.jpg

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, MoonMonkey said:

Now it's a funny thing, but some years back I found myself in a place which shall remain nameless looking at logistic overpack cases for former-Soviet era air to ground missiles, which were rather large, grey, and bore a remarkable resemblance to the grey long pods/boxes here.  Nothing more shall be said about that.  However, I find myself wondering, is this a shipment of Eastern European (or thereabouts) armaments being received into Little Muddle by sea?  Is this some new front in the willy waving war from the chaps over in Russia?  First Crimea, then forget about Ukraine, but take on the hub of all happiness which is Little Muddle (given the apparent lack of HM Customs and otherwise wary eyes)?  Maybe that chap reading the paper is actually on post to spy out the British military on the off-chance this vile scheme is rumbled?  Maybe the plan to adjust the cattle dock is actually a way to dig in an underground missile silo on our doorstep. 

What would the Squadron Leader say?  

Screenshot 2021-11-24 222703.jpg

The Sqn Ldr is probably on the blower to Whitehall, telling them that if those pesky Russians are trying to muscle in on Little Muddle, he might need to upgrade his Sopwith Camel. Perhaps an Avro Vulcan will do for starters!

Edited by Banger Blue
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Premium

A few pages back you showed a picture of some kindling stacked on your coal stage which set the grey cells a whirring and after a few hours cutting up and painting match sticks I’ve come up with my version.

Kindling brought in with some oil and once off loaded the wagon is parked in the siding awaiting the outgoing pick up goods service. All my loads are removable using a magnetic pick up tool. 

6DC48C3D-4659-4849-9E1E-8EC1B37E639B.jpeg

EE1CB541-209A-4ECB-9307-6710A1337E96.jpeg

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

I don’t have a wonky shed door but the eagle eyed will doubtless recognise the arm from the water crane having a lie down. No over enthusiastic grand son to blame only a clumsy old Buddha (that’ll be me then) who did this some years ago now.

Brian

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

1 hour ago, KNP said:

Bradley Manor pulling the morning express, well yesterdays express that is, with the Beetle in tow.

Looking great @KNP

its also great that the Little Muddle Boots dark room can do same day colour film processing to enable postings of yesterday's express within 24 hours :good:,

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 2