Little Muddle

KNP

20 minutes ago, Mulgabill said:

It's obviously where he landed, after being blown off the roof of the creamery, in the storm!

TONY

How's he going to get down that's my worry and as mobile phones weren't around how's he going to alert LM's fire brigade that he is need of assistance? Semaphore?

• Funny 5

1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

Once again, you have NOT explained just what your doing on the Farm House roof top young Kevin.:nono:

I guess its what happens when you try and Wing Walk on a Sopwith Camel with no Parachute.

• Funny 6

Actually, I was up there pointing the chimney, when this photo opportunity arose.

The only thing is I'm still up there as no one has told me what direction to point the chimney!!!!

(old builders joke....!)

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 10

5 minutes ago, KNP said:

Actually, I was up there pointing the chimney, when this photo opportunity arose.

The only thing is I'm still up there as no one has told me what direction to point the chimney!!!!

(old builders joke....!)

Is that like the estates agents joke - in need of some repair. Me thinks you need to start at the bottom rather the top with that des res.

Edited by Winslow Boy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, KNP said:

To conclude The Manor Interlude here we have a couple of pictures from

'You know who'

Well I say two that's because I couldn't make my mind up which I liked best so here they both are....

3921.jpg.78e6f6fd0def3eeeb935c8eb08441d40.jpg

3922.jpg.bc5cf3b4b70bf1de99803dc83844958b.jpg

You got down off the roof then I see. Its a good job that hot air balloon was passing otherwise you'd never have got these  excellant aerial shots. Just make certain the squadron leader doesnt s mistake it for a barrage balloon and take a pot shot at it.

• Funny 6

Aha!  So the secret is out; Kevin is/was a 'civil'  (i.e. civil engineer).

I wonder if you knew Peter Tatlow, Kevin?  He was with Mouchel.  Long since retired and living in Hampshire.  He started his career as a bridge engineer on the Southern Region, and while at Mouchel's did a lot of work on ground anchors.  He is an expert on the Highland Railway (as is his son Mark).  Peter is also a prolific railway author. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Crichel Down said:

Aha!  So the secret is out; Kevin is/was a 'civil'  (i.e. civil engineer).

I wonder if you knew Peter Tatlow, Kevin?  He was with Mouchel.  Long since retired and living in Hampshire.  He started his career as a bridge engineer on the Southern Region, and while at Mouchel's did a lot of work on ground anchors.  He is an expert on the Highland Railway (as is his son Mark).  Peter is also a prolific railway author. 

Building Surveyor.....

• Like 4

It has been obvious throughout this thread that Kevin knows exactly how buildings are put together, and his professional knowledge has clearly informed the construction of his model buildings.  They are an object lesson for model-makers  -  accurately observed and correctly detailed.

(Mark Tatlow, whom I mentioned earlier, is also a building surveyor.  So is, or was before retirement, Chris Lamacraft, among others.  Building surveyors are well represented among the ranks of railway modellers.) 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

49 minutes ago, Crichel Down said:

(Mark Tatlow, whom I mentioned earlier, is also a building surveyor.  So is, or was before retirement, Chris Lamacraft, among others.  Building surveyors are well represented among the ranks of railway modellers.) 

6 hours ago, KNP said:

Building Surveyor.....

A rum lot I can tell you, but what would I know ! :jester:

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 3