Little Muddle

KNP

Love em both Kevin, great pic. :good:

We are doing the same by the sounds of it, Dee and I alone today, but tomorrow is Open House for the 4 Kids, their Wives / Husbands, 5 Grandchildren and 6 Great Grandchildren to pop in as they feel fit. I may need some Asprin tomorrow night.:laugh:

Have a great day.

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 8

Boxing Day greetings to KNP and all LMers.

We are quiet today, after a boisterous Christmas day at our Daughter in Law's parents. Two soon to be teenage grandchildren, a young dog, and six grown ups can be a heady mixture. But great fun was had by all and superb food!

Olivia's did well and got my sound and lights fitted Night Owl to me for Christmas Eve. I have yet to open it, so look out for updates in Lower Thames Yard in a day or two!

Happy New Year

Paul  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 27/12/2021 at 08:19, KNP said:

Meanwhile, over by the shed, we catch a Collett at rest.

Getting ready to start another busy day!

3958.jpg.d1052ede37c4b4885a6c000c0a6d2fe6.jpg

Can't be sure, cos some fool has left a loco in the way.... but where has that door gone? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DonB said:

Can't be sure, cos some fool has left a loco in the way.... but where has that door gone? 

Still there leaning against the wall…..

I guess that if I fixed the door I would loose half the followers as that would only leave the crate to worry about…….

I do have another cameo that I am puzzling about and it would be one hell of a job….

More about that another day as I search for answers…….my main issue is how would they do it in the 30’s

• Agree 1
  • Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Ah, but . . . . 

I seem to recall the New Year's Day holiday was a relatively recent thing and I dare say that there were still milk & post deliveries even on Christmas Day back when time stood still in Little Muddle.

• Agree 5

1 hour ago, Ray H said:

Ah, but . . . . 

I seem to recall the New Year's Day holiday was a relatively recent thing and I dare say that there were still milk & post deliveries even on Christmas Day back when time stood still in Little Muddle.

Where I lived until 1950 in the hinterland Black Country just south of Wolverhampton ( as so beautifully modelled in "Black Country Blues" ). The Wolves to Dudley branch ran across the top of our road  ( Daisy Bank Station) .

We had a small farm behind our house, where they kept a couple of cows and the rule seemed to be that if the cows had been milked, we got a delivery of fresh, un- Pasteurised full cream milk served from a churn on small high-sided cart pulled by a pony. When not pulling the cart the Pony seemed to spend a fair bit of time with it's head over our fence,

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium
19 hours ago, KNP said:

Still there leaning against the wall…..

I guess that if I fixed the door I would loose half the followers as that would only leave the crate to worry about…….

I do have another cameo that I am puzzling about and it would be one hell of a job….

More about that another day as I search for answers…….my main issue is how would they do it in the 30’s

Slowly?

• Like 1
  • Funny 3