Little Muddle

KNP

A late catch up on yesterdays shenanigans.

Plot pilfering Alien abduction, fitted with spying devices and then returned.:o  :fie:

Boats suddenly appear when not in the preceding photo. :rolleyes:

And an uneasy stillness and quiet calm about the place. :spiteful:

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

44 minutes ago, Gedward said:

I love these views. You really get a sense of the depth of the place. Little Muddle has obviously been a big inspiration for Bovey Quay.

That and spending every summer in Brixham. Early mornings watching the fish auction and the artists painting the harbour scene. The smell of fresh jam doughnuts and fish and chips. The noisy sea gulls singing away. Fond memories.

Nearly, well no actually, definitely didn't buy a Fisherman's Cottage in Brixham when we moved to Devon in 87. The Agent, (remember we lived in Hampshire, and no internet in those days to see pics) said it had a sea view.

When we got there, and IF you stood up in the attic room and peered out  of the velux window, then YES you could just about see the sea.:fie:

Bought in Buckfastleigh instead.

• Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Nearly, well no actually, definitely didn't buy a Fisherman's Cottage in Brixham when we moved to Devon in 87. The Agent, (remember we lived in Hampshire, and no internet in those days to see pics) said it had a sea view.

When we got there, and IF you stood up in the attic room and peered out  of the velux window, then YES you could just about see the sea.:fie:

Bought in Buckfastleigh instead.

We had a similar situation when we moved from Paddington to Pimlico. The 'council' agent said we'd have glorious views of the river from our 7th floor windows. But in fact you needed to lean out so far from the balcony, you were putting your life in serious peril. Apparently, on a clear day you could see Battersea Power station. Nice. :D

• Funny 7

1 hour ago, Gedward said:

We had a similar situation when we moved from Paddington to Pimlico. The 'council' agent said we'd have glorious views of the river from our 7th floor windows. But in fact you needed to lean out so far from the balcony, you were putting your life in serious peril. Apparently, on a clear day you could see Battersea Power station. Nice. :D

I can better that. I had a lovely view of the East London Main Sewer which my council had kindly converted into a cycle footpath. The aromas during the hot summer months were not the most attractive is all I can say.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

I can better that. I had a lovely view of the East London Main Sewer which my council had kindly converted into a cycle footpath. The aromas during the hot summer months were not the most attractive is all I can say.

I can't beat it but I can match it.

Unlike Kent the garden of England. Beckton is the sewer of London. So we know all about the wonderful aromas of which you speak.

• Friendly/supportive 4

31 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Thick plastic door hangers on plastic kits are are a pet hate of mine and I need to sort out some of my mineral wagons: what width strip did you use?

Now thereby lies a tale.

Never been able to source narrow brass strip but I did have these Scalelink industrial roof light frets and used them.

BC02D7CF-B753-4A17-84B0-522249CBB9F1.jpeg.d46d64b26c14f233e782102f1be017d9.jpeg

Now if anybody knows where you can source something like that in longer strips please let us know…

Edited by KNP
  • Like 11
  • Agree 1

I'll second that question. I've been cutting strips off old etched frets but could do with longer strips for other jobs. Those old Ratio open A wagons get through a lot of replacement door bangers, the originals are incredibly brittle.

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
On 19/01/2022 at 08:33, Andrew P said:

IF you stood up in the attic room and peered out  of the velux window

Isn’t that what a sea view is?  You’re lucky you didn’t have to open the velux and stick your head through to peer out!

Paul.

Edited by 5BarVT
Seplling
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
On 11/01/2022 at 07:47, KNP said:

Caught by our local train spotter friends the nucleus of the permanent way train passes by.

The crane and match truck will not formally form part of this formation but can be called upon when required.

Prairie 4550 has the honours today with more wagons on their way over the next few weeks...

3975.jpg.b4797c3ab6d131bbe87e41cdc59e9611.jpg

3976.jpg.bb64d872398d446af6b299b2e9998d4a.jpg

On 12/01/2022 at 07:54, KNP said:

A close up of the passing formation just received.

3978.jpg.e3451e6cf9e7a2ff2009cc3e8480c1c7.jpg

I have a feeling I should have put a couple of windows in the back elevation.

Will leave for now and get on with the rest of the wagons.

Bag of rods have arrived so perhaps I might go back and finish the cattle dock!

Decisions, decisions....?

This looks awesome, I'm guessing you kit built the crane? 

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1