Little Muddle

KNP

On 04/09/2019 at 23:48, KNP said:

Just in case there is someone out there thinking I have renumbered my original loco to fool you lot, here is the evidence that I now own two of them!

2308.jpg.bcf291c341cfefbf18a053d51fc463d3.jpg

Now this picture has caused much debate in the engineering works here at Little Muddle.

The brass plate on 4825 is the original and now looks distinctly off colour compared with 4820.

I feel the next time I order from Modelmaster I shall organise a replacement set.

For now, I will keep these two locos apart!

Kevin,

Has the debate in the engineering Dept extended to who stole the ash pans off both these locos?

Not a big deal but FYI see Andy's comments on "ashpangate" here:

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/92852-hattons-announce-14xx-48xx-58xx/&do=findComment&comment=2537616

great detailing BTW.

Is there any chance of that photo of the LM cottages from the angle I suggested a while ago?

Colin

Edited by BWsTrains
addition
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Heineken don't do layouts but if they did........it still wouldn't come close to being anywhere near as good as Little Muddle!

'Little Muddle probably the best layout in the model railway world'

Chris

Edited by chuffinghell
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, chuffinghell said:

Heineken don't do layouts but if they did........it still wouldn't come close to being anywhere near as good as Little Muddle!

'Little Muddle probably the best layout in the model railway world'

Chris

Many thanks for those kind words.

l like Heineken but I can confirm that none was involved in making of this model.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, KNP said:

Duncan appears to be admiring the Croc and its load, least it fitted under the loading gauge

2329.jpg.cd416064f01c2afd2b80b7904e124b88.jpg

That's a really good shot! The way the Fowler is fixed in place really makes it for me, whether it's prototypically accurate or not. How very clever of you to get it to fit under the loading gauge. :P

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mick Bonwick said:

That's a really good shot! The way the Fowler is fixed in place really makes it for me, whether it's prototypically accurate or not. How very clever of you to get it to fit under the loading gauge. :P

Thanks.

And I didn't cheat as the loading gauge is removable so I could, did say could, have lifted it up to fit.!

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

By my initial calculations I need to standard home signals and 2 bracket signals as  a starter.

Like you I would like working signals, it's just the cost if a bit of putting, we are looking at spending about £150 if my calculations are correct.

I might stat slowly by adding first 2 working Home signals and then add the bracket signals as Ratio one's to be replaced later as a compromise.

• Friendly/supportive 1