Jump to content

KNP

Little Muddle

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, KNP said:

Ladies and Gentlemen....

Honoured guests and followers of this thread

 

I give you

 

5934 Kneller Hall

 

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/uploads/monthly_2019_12/KH28.jpg.58c7c4f6676a7e87aecad7f0297745e2.jpg

 

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/uploads/monthly_2019_12/KH29.jpg.ee4ec7d5b2ca1d58f225980bfbbd1daa.jpg

 

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/uploads/monthly_2019_12/KH30.jpg.f9125b83173bac25d9a2707e4f3d3f28.jpg

 

Though not totally finished as I am still trying to track down the Hornby Hall cylinder and gear spare part, 5934 was seen resting in the bay platform with her new Modelu crew waiting for the Dullcote and coal to thoroughly dry before handling anymore.

 

Though Tony kindly gave me this loco for free as it was destined to go to his version of Barry Island (or whatever they have in the Southern region) I took on the challenge of seeing if I could update it to a background prop.

I have spent less than £25 on materials renovating it and only cut my finger once in the process!

 

All in all a fun little project to do.

 

 

 

 

That looks great Kevin, hard to think it is the same loco!

 

4 hours ago, Wellyboots said:

 

 

Neal, could you be thinking of the Monty Wells conversion featured in Model Railway Journal issues 5 & 6? 

 

Thanks.

 

I doubt it as I have hardly taken any of the MRJ - particularly those early ones. 

 

I must have been dreaming!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
12 hours ago, KNP said:

Ladies and Gentlemen....

Honoured guests and followers of this thread

 

I give you

 

5934 Kneller Hall

 

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/uploads/monthly_2019_12/KH28.jpg.58c7c4f6676a7e87aecad7f0297745e2.jpg

 

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/uploads/monthly_2019_12/KH29.jpg.ee4ec7d5b2ca1d58f225980bfbbd1daa.jpg

 

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/uploads/monthly_2019_12/KH30.jpg.f9125b83173bac25d9a2707e4f3d3f28.jpg

 

Though not totally finished as I am still trying to track down the Hornby Hall cylinder and gear spare part, 5934 was seen resting in the bay platform with her new Modelu crew waiting for the Dullcote and coal to thoroughly dry before handling anymore.

 

Though Tony kindly gave me this loco for free as it was destined to go to his version of Barry Island (or whatever they have in the Southern region) I took on the challenge of seeing if I could update it to a background prop.

I have spent less than £25 on materials renovating it and only cut my finger once in the process!

 

All in all a fun little project to do.

 

 

 

Well worth the wait, superb young Kevin.:good:

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, KNP said:

5934 Kneller Hall

 

Though Tony kindly gave me this loco for free as it was destined to go to his version of Barry Island (or whatever they have in the Southern region) I took on the challenge of seeing if I could update it to a background prop.

I have spent less than £25 on materials renovating it and only cut my finger once in the process!

 

 

Kevin

 

I'm amazed by what you have done - she now looks great, plus, I have saved myself the effort of lifting my lump hammer out of its drawer :crazy:

An excellent job, and if I find anything else GWR lurking in the scrap line I shall let you know!

 

Tony

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tony Teague said:

 

Kevin

 

I'm amazed by what you have done - she now looks great, plus, I have saved myself the effort of lifting my lump hammer out of its drawer https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/uploads/emoticons/default_crazy.gif

An excellent job, and if I find anything else GWR lurking in the scrap line I shall let you know!

 

Tony

It was an enjoyable project and thanks for letting me have the loco.

Just need to track down replacement Hornby part X6640/1 cylinder and gear then I will be really happy.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Caught from the upstairs window of an adjoining shop next to the station

 

2620.jpg.2a0341a6bb121b506482c457c258dec2.jpg

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When Ken became aware of 5934 leaving the station he set himself up by the crossing to Middle Farm and managed to get these two shots off.

 

2621.jpg.49d33101db6da2178b5dbd6e06f848f4.jpg

 

2622.jpg.3279c239d31fa7004636f7d0c92e833b.jpg

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, KNP said:

Caught from the upstairs window of an adjoining shop next to the station

 

I don't recall any shops being that close!

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

some cracking work gone into that Hall Kevin very impressive indeed :fan:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now.....you know who?....is up and about

 

2619.jpg.f3111c5b73bc6c1d07fe3cd77f6e8c4d.jpg

 

2623.jpg.5de8702f4c5bbc0964d73a937b990078.jpg

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Flying free as a bird!!!

 

2624.jpg.92dc4560f3a4da3a98700ccc40cf846a.jpg

 

2625.jpg.7df0ab1df1aec643381c79739b9e7cfb.jpg

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Soaring this way and that...……….forever after that picture

 

2626.jpg.012347da80d07ef0252b0ea5ec1eeb2e.jpg

 

2627.jpg.fd25f657955c1ff590516e2c13884eee.jpg

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Peering through the clouds......

 

2628.jpg.38965d966142ebca5008bc9e82a249b1.jpg

 

  • Like 10
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mick Bonwick said:

 

I don't recall any shops being that close!

 

Red arrow marks possible location of camera shot from adjoining shop next to station building.

 

Inked2024_LI.jpg.7d32ddea7963f91eaacf999fccb90c30.jpg

  • Like 12
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KNP said:

 

Red arrow marks possible location of camera shot from adjoining shop next to station building.

 

 

:blush: Oh! That one. :blush:

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, KNP said:

 

Red arrow marks possible location of camera shot from adjoining shop next to station building.

 

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/uploads/monthly_2019_12/Inked2024_LI.jpg.7d32ddea7963f91eaacf999fccb90c30.jpg

Good evening Kevin, your layout is a real inspiration, absolutely stunning modelling. 

 

Thank you for sharing.

 

Regards

 

Peter

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

The Squadron Leader's in the Red Arrows???

 

Yes.

But he is in the Red Arrow a single plane formation group flying 'so low' moves in unison with his shadow!

Edited by KNP
  • Informative/Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another very old model that I got off the bay..

A Lima Express Dairies milk tank wagon that normally hides under cover in the Creamery yard.

 

2629.jpg.c1ddaea0f13af8221f449e5ac9a3dd39.jpg

 

A lot of weathering went into this using washes, dry brushing and powders.

 

One thing though, never quite worked out how the brakes on this worked - lateral movement I believe!!!

Edited by KNP
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the problems with 00 RTR of that vintage.  The brake blocks are not far off the correct position, but the 16mm wheels are not!  Do you mount the brakes incorrectly to line up with the wheels (yes, in my view), or build to P4 standards?  The easy way is the compromise shown here, as getting the brakes in line means another piece to produce.  

 

Airfix construction kits got this right nearly 60 years ago. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/12/2019 at 23:00, KNP said:

 

I note those workmen (assuming they do some work from time to time) cannot even be bothered to look up when the Squadron Leader flies over.

 

Must be some interesting conversation they are having.  That, or they all put their necks out lifting the box onto the truck!

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, KNP said:

Another very old model that I got off the bay..

A Lima Express Dairies milk tank wagon that normally hides under cover in the Creamery yard.

 

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/uploads/monthly_2019_12/2629.jpg.c1ddaea0f13af8221f449e5ac9a3dd39.jpg

 

A lot of weathering went into this using washes, dry brushing and powders.

 

One thing though, never quite worked out how the brakes on this worked - lateral movement I believe!!!

 

That is some top class weathering. Amazing job Kevin.

 

  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Bogie said:

 

I note those workmen (assuming they do some work from time to time) cannot even be bothered to look up when the Squadron Leader flies over.

 

Must be some interesting conversation they are having.  That, or they all put their necks out lifting the box onto the truck!

 

I think they have been frozen in aspic.... they've been talking about that crate for ages :-)

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two of my largest loco's meet during a days work....

 

2630.jpg.2ce6debf5b797cc94a1e56d2d71ef58d.jpg

 

 

 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it me but are both Jimmy and engine driver staring at the King?

 

2631.jpg.4b9f5df5255c28cbc700b81348944874.jpg

Edited by KNP
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.