Little Muddle

KNP

1 hour ago, Sair said:

Do you have an overall photo of the layout? I'm trying to work out the track plan. Fantastic layout. 

I don’t have an overall picture but I did send you the track plan by PM.

I tried a panoramic one once but it was a disaster.....

I did look the other day and surprisingly realised I have taken over 3000 pictures of this layout and rolling stock so don’t ask me to get the photo album out otherwise you’ll be here a while!!

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
37 minutes ago, KNP said:

Including one for me that will be appearing on these very pages after the seasonal event......:)

Any clues to what it might be Kev or are you like me and get it yourself and hand it over to be wrapped.;)

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Good Christmas morning to you all.

Strange one for us as the family will not be around in force until tomorrow so I can sit here editing pictures without feeling guilty...

A few from the folder as I now won’t be able to get into the railway room until after tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!

On a dark, dull morning railcar No8 heads towards Little Muddle with some returning revellers, luckily its a terminal so they should get off at the right stop....

2647.jpg.45cc61507c390c737dba6fc1cdddc1c1.jpg

2648.jpg.c4dc25c09907c48e73ab80a166db3513.jpg

2649.jpg.91106e4662ba1dd4c51b731f35515024.jpg

PS - why hasn't anybody told me....

its all your fault....

I accept no responsibility at all but I after all this time I have realised the railcar has the wrong livery for my era - I feel another little project looming and some shirtbuttons being fitted.

Edited by KNP
  • Like 16

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, KNP said:

Good Christmas morning to you all.

Strange one for us as the family will not be around in force until tomorrow so I can sit here editing pictures without feeling guilty...

A few from the folder as I now won’t be able to get into the railway room until after tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!

On a dark, dull morning railcar No8 heads towards Little Muddle with some returning revellers, luckily its a terminal so they should get off at the right stop....

2647.jpg.45cc61507c390c737dba6fc1cdddc1c1.jpg

2648.jpg.c4dc25c09907c48e73ab80a166db3513.jpg

2649.jpg.91106e4662ba1dd4c51b731f35515024.jpg

PS - why hasn't anybody told me....

its all your fault....

I accept no responsibility at all but I after all this time I have realised the railcar has the wrong livery for my era - I feel another little project looming and some shirtbuttons being fitted.

Number 8 was built in '36 and wouldn't need a repaint until '43 and due to the war, would have been after that, unless an overhaul was necessary.

Enjoy a quiet Christmas Day,  the calm before the storm.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

Sorry to be so late to the party, but I only just joined this forum. What a beautifully presented layout. I have a slightly smaller space and will shortly start on a layout. What format does the layout take? It looks like a junction to branch terminus layout, with the junction not being part of a continuous run (one photo suggests the double track stops at the backscene in one direction). Is that right? Does the other end of the junction lead to a fiddle yard?

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, Bildeston said:

Sorry to be so late to the party, but I only just joined this forum. What a beautifully presented layout. I have a slightly smaller space and will shortly start on a layout. What format does the layout take? It looks like a junction to branch terminus layout, with the junction not being part of a continuous run (one photo suggests the double track stops at the backscene in one direction). Is that right? Does the other end of the junction lead to a fiddle yard?

You'll just have to read the whole thread! It's all in there somewhere, but you'll need lots of spare time to find it . . . . . . . . :yes:

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, Mick Bonwick said:

You'll just have to read the whole thread! It's all in there somewhere, but you'll need lots of spare time to find it . . . . . . . . :yes:

There are a lot worse things to be doing with your time !

• Agree 5

It certainly is under the layout lights.

There will now be a battle between the boatyard and the loco works for time and labour.

l understand there will a meeting tomorrow morning regarding labour resources and priorities.

Only time will tell which gets the go ahead.

Never a dull moment in this little world...

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I certainly did a few weeks ago.

It is brand new, never been run and dcc ready.

At least it’s not to heavy to go over the viaduct without causing to many comments.

Nice model to with full cab detail, will be a change to not have any remedial works to do before it joins the force...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 18/12/2019 at 14:29, KNP said:

Snowflake progressing

Bridge structure fitted - yes that is the bridge!!

No roof as yet as I need to finish inside.

I have no idea why I didn't paint the cabin roof yesterday but it is done now

IMG_0998.jpg.07e7b56a6a416142d78275a38d3f411e.jpg

These are all the white metal parts and I have no idea where some of them go as the instructions are a bit basic.

So I will search the web and find RC models which I can crib from?

IMG_0996.jpg.00f2d2844a2e7df42bc3cb02645f29ca.jpg

The kit comes with two cargo hatches one closed and one partially open so the hold could be modelled.

I like the idea of doing the hold open but then the ship will need to be moored alongside with the tender in the water.

This would then mean I could swop with misty every now and then so I think it will be the closed hatch with the tender upside down on the top.

IMG_0997.jpg.114a4ef11706513c8f41b27c0752cd06.jpg

Decisions, decisions. decisions

Nice looking Puffer, The Parts are a bit confusing to Non boat Folk but a quick look through the thread below on a 1/32 puffer you will mostly see your parts and where they go such as the water tank, rudder stem, acchor Davit, winch and the Grill part which is the step over  the steering gear at the rear of the boat. Enjoy yhe build.

https://www.modelboats.co.uk/forums/postings.asp?th=101076&p=1

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, KNP said:

It certainly is under the layout lights.

There will now be a battle between the boatyard and the loco works for time and labour.

l understand there will a meeting tomorrow morning regarding labour resources and priorities.

Only time will tell which gets the go ahead.

Never a dull moment in this little world...

What about unloading that crate while there's a meeting planned!   :jester:

Belated festive greetings and all the best for the New Year.

• Thanks 1