Jump to content
We will be upgrading the forum software Wednesday morning - the site may be down for a while during backup/install.

KNP

Little Muddle

Recommended Posts

56 minutes ago, KNP said:

Must remember to do something with those wagon numbers!!!!

The excellent weathering means it's not noticeable.

 

Love those rusty rings and shackles on the quayside - such a lovely bit of detailing.

  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now I don't want to be awkward (what me!!!???) but how are those poles/logs/pit props by the Goods Shed staying in place? If I stacked them like that they would roll all over the place :lol:. Is there some rope round them I can't see?

I like the black and white view.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Benbow said:

Now I don't want to be awkward (what me!!!???) but how are those poles/logs/pit props by the Goods Shed staying in place? If I stacked them like that they would roll all over the place :lol:. Is there some rope round them I can't see?

I like the black and white view.

They are glued together!

They are meant to be a wagon load but have never made it into one!!!!!

  • Like 3
  • Funny 7
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KNP said:

Another one of those...

don't know which is best...

so here are both for you to decide

 

2655.jpg.228440a8b1b06a4aef816e0bc1cefe16.jpg

 

2655a.jpg.5f8aa74eb4518ff356269ea9b7e77c3e.jpg

 

 

 

 

Can I do TWO LIKES for both equally?

 

The first has clarity, the second nostalgia and atmosphere.:good:

  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Kevin,

 

I'm blown away by what you've achieved, particularly when you revealed the TARDIS-like space you've squeezed so much atmosphere into - and if people hadn't already compared you to that pioneer of layouts that seem to spring to life, John Ahern already I would be doing so now!

 

This is a looooong thread and it might have been covered already (I did have a quick search), but I wonder how you operate that lovely layout of yours - do you have a timetable, just run a couple trains now and again, or is it mostly about the model making for you?

 

Keep up the inspirational work!


Stuart

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I prefer the first picture, the subdued colours suggest an early colour transparency film. There are no signs of the well wagon sagging under the weight of that traction engine yet!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, StuartMc said:

 I wonder how you operate that lovely layout of yours - do you have a timetable, just run a couple trains now and again, or is it mostly about the model making for you?

 

Looking forward to the answer . . . . . . . . . . . .  ^_^

  • Informative/Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, StuartMc said:

Hi Kevin,

 

I'm blown away by what you've achieved, particularly when you revealed the TARDIS-like space you've squeezed so much atmosphere into - and if people hadn't already compared you to that pioneer of layouts that seem to spring to life, John Ahern already I would be doing so now!

 

This is a looooong thread and it might have been covered already (I did have a quick search), but I wonder how you operate that lovely layout of yours - do you have a timetable, just run a couple trains now and again, or is it mostly about the model making for you?

 

Keep up the inspirational work!


Stuart

 

 


Thanks for the kind words and with regard to running this layout.......incidental is the best way to describe the operating side.

That part is very much of secondary concern to me. With no word of a lie I can’t recall a time where anything has run to a timetable or come to that at all.

It has been referred to as one large photo prop which suits me down to the ground as in the last few years photographing the layout or staged scenes has become the main driving force.

For example, the last batch of pictures was organised beforehand and everything lifted into place..

You never know I might fire up Railmaster and get something moving......

  • Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Baaa Humbug, it's a Steam Train.:)

  • Agree 1
  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s no pulling the wool over your eyes.....is there!!!

 

:help:
 

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eeerr we go again, haha.:D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Eeerr we go again, haha.:D

 

Did you mean "ewe go again"? :lol:

  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stop bleeting about the bush!!

 

I can’t keep thinking about this on the hoof!

 

 

 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And Moo  ore of the same please young Kevin.:D

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Empty coal wagons delivered to the yard by 8701 - am I missing something? (or just the wagons) :unsure:

 

I've been looking for period pictures of ship fenders, rope or otherwise, but not found anything suitable yet... my search-fu is failing me.

  • Friendly/supportive 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.