Little Muddle

KNP

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, KNP said:

Well, I can't see where the camera has gone to and I've been stood here for a while now!!!!

2710.jpg.e50e122ae2cc043230bc3e29a11a2006.jpg

Gulp, could I do this? Only one way to find out - please sir. what did you use to create the field? 

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
On 29/02/2020 at 17:12, KNP said:

Sorry, camera went off whilst changing the film....

2708.jpg.bd6669d637b15bdd9ae787ce284b5798.jpg

Great stuff Kevin. Am intrigued by that item on the oil drum. A packed lunch? The shroud of Turin? 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

21 minutes ago, Mikkel said:

Great stuff Kevin. Am intrigued by that item on the oil drum. A packed lunch? The shroud of Turin? 

Thanks

It's just a bead that I had left over after I used them for the floats for the nets.

So sorry to let you all down with such a mundane item.

• Like 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
37 minutes ago, KNP said:

It's just a bead that I had left over after I used them for the floats for the nets.

So sorry to let you all down with such a mundane item.

Don't worry, you have only taken away all our dreams! :jester:

• Funny 4

19 hours ago, woodenhead said:

This cameo is absolutely fantastic, so many little details.

Yes, but...

Because the detail is so good I look at all the little details which brings me to the Harbour Master building roof - and the missing guttering! - so it's not just cameras that go off.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
18 minutes ago, SteveTheSteam said:

Yes, but...

Because the detail is so good I look at all the little details which brings me to the Harbour Master building roof - and the missing guttering! - so it's not just cameras that go off.

Storm Damage! The guttering got ripped off by great Storm Gertrude in late 1931. It was last seen heading seawards at a great rate of knots! (A rate of knots that ‘Snowflake’ could only dream of achieving! :D )

Ted, the handyman has been promising to fix it ever since. Shush now, don’t tell the Guvnor!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, SteveTheSteam said:

Yes, but...

54 minutes ago, Banger Blue said:

Storm Damage! The guttering got ripped off by great Storm Gertrude in late 1931. It was last seen heading seawards at a great rate of knots! (A rate of knots that ‘Snowflake’ could only dream of achieving! :D )

Ted, the handyman has been promising to fix it ever since. Shush now, don’t tell the Guvnor!

You two be careful!

If Rob (NHY581) sees these comments, he might accuse you of being picky!!!:notme:

Seriously, it just shows you that we don't all notice the same things.

I had not noticed the building roof, and as for cameras going off, I've got some marvelous shots on my phone of the inside of my pockets. :help:

Keep up the good work , Kevin

Cheers

Paul

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, Tallpaul69 said:

You two be careful!

If Rob (NHY581) sees these comments, he might accuse you of being picky!!!:notme:

I think that those who are sufficiently picky to make observations on other people's work should simultaneously publish photographs of their own work showing an example of the correctly modelled subject. :P

Guess why I seldom publish any observations about other folks' work . . . . . . . . . .

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Mick Bonwick said:

I think that those who are sufficiently picky to make observations on other people's work should simultaneously publish photographs of their own work showing an example of the correctly modelled subject. :P

Guess why I seldom publish any observations about other folks' work . . . . . . . . . .

Its my own fault Mick, I shouldn't have introduced the  word "picky"!!

Probably better to PM when we notice any small slip.

Hope your model is progressing well?

Cheers

Paul

• Like 1

Finished.

All the points are now controlled conventionally and nothing to do with Railmaster anymore.

I can report all points are clicking and clacking like never before but more importantly working every time......

Control panel to Little Muddle 

IMG_1140.jpg.00d7ff2b92f7911488018df0b612b526.jpg

Now, as this layout is small and I don't have space nearby for a program track I made the harbour siding into one....

IMG_1141.jpg.6f082cf27b557d0272cb7834858aa8a7.jpg

This length of track is completely isolated from the rest of the layout and I suspect you can work out the e-link switching from the top picture how to move it between layout and programming track.

Edited by KNP
  • Like 16

Kevin,

I've done something similar, but to avoid any chance of a short between the normal and the program track, I incorporated a relay to do the switching.  The relay is interlocked with one of the point motors on the crossover that leads to the program track.  

I’m not sure it’s necessary, but it does give me peace of mind that I won’t program all my locos to the same address!

Can provide a sketch of the wiring if of interest

atb

Simon

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, KNP said:

This length of track is completely isolated from the rest of the layout and I suspect you can work out the e-link switching from the top picture how to move it between layout and programming track.

1 hour ago, Simond said:

I've done something similar, but to avoid any chance of a short between the normal and the program track, I incorporated a relay to do the switching.  The relay is interlocked with one of the point motors on the crossover that leads to the program track.  

An oft-recommended method is to use a four-pole-two-way switch.

See for example http://www.wiringfordcc.com/track_2.htm#d2 or https://www.brian-lambert.co.uk/DCC_Page_1.html#Bookmark2

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
41 minutes ago, KNP said:

Busy day in Little Muddle harbour with vessels moored alongside each other....

2717.jpg.c574676a4f65dec02c5e3fac1d218ebc.jpg

Absolutely excellent! Without any word of exaggeration, this could be a photograph of the real thing.

• Like 1
  • Agree 6
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Mick Bonwick said:

Absolutely excellent! Without any word of exaggeration, this could be a photograph of the real thing.

Thanks

Every now and then I take a picture that just makes me look and think....wow I got that right.

Not everyone does mind you, some have never seen the light of day just the delete button!

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3