Little Muddle

KNP

8 hours ago, colin penfold said:

Yep, that's why they are bottom of the league.....

Reminds me of my grand  daughter (aged 7!) and her team. She belonged to it and trained for six months before they had enough girls to play in the Saturday morning Bedfordshire League!

She is making up for lost time now, she is their top scorer!!

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

I love your model of the quayside and the boats in particular.

This may have been asked before but do you have an interest in modelling boats too or were they built specifically for the layout?

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks

These two boats where built specifically for this layout.

Over many years of modelling making boats featured often be that model warships, to radio control boats and yachts and then finally these pair.

Airplanes where in there as well, plastic kits and also flying ones gliders, radio control or control line..

STOP PRESS

I've found a nice model of a tug which could end up on this layout but for now I will be continuing on the model railway until of course I get that urge!!!!

But of course I will keep all in the picture if I do get that urge...……..!

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, KNP said:

Airplanes where in there as well, plastic kits and also flying ones gliders, radio control or control line..

Could the trusty Sqn Ldr and his trusty Sopwith Camel soon be making a cameo appearance in the sky above Little Muddle? 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Banger Blue said:

Could the trusty Sqn Ldr and his trusty Sopwith Camel soon be making a cameo appearance in the sky above Little Muddle? 

Now there’s an idea....hmmmm

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, KNP said:

Thanks

These two boats where built specifically for this layout.

Over many years of modelling making boats featured often be that model warships, to radio control boats and yachts and then finally these pair.

STOP PRESS

I've found a nice model of a tug which could end up on this layout but for now I will be continuing on the model railway until of course I get that urge!!!!

No room for boats on my layout but just wondering, does everything need to be scratch built, I'm talking about cable connectors, blocks etc and the winch, much less time consuming if they are off the shelf.

• Like 2

What on earth is going on here!!!

698536E5-A4C3-4013-9209-431BB847C260.jpeg.41fb7bb5611bf6ed6dee2cfedf11eff4.jpeg

Arhh....now I see

Programming my new Prodigy Express...

25AE6E80-C84D-4637-B6B5-53AA3F79DFF6.jpeg.195a1671847057c92d1ef137ee18e1be.jpeg

Now not only are the points changing everytime but I now much better control over the locos.

Of more importance I can turn around with the controller in hand and face Encombe Town station.

Could do with a slightly longer lead and looking at it I feel this is just a standard Ethernet one and a have a 2m spare!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, gwrrob said:

Are you giving your locos a wash ...:P

Nope...

Day off, having a dip in the sea then going for a 99 later and onto the flicks after to see Ivor the Engine....

• Funny 12

33 minutes ago, KNP said:

Arhh....now I see

Now not only are the points changing everytime but I now much better control over the locos.

Of more importance I can turn around with the controller in hand and face Encombe Town station.

Could do with a slightly longer lead and looking at it I feel this is just a standard Ethernet one and a have a 2m spare!

I went  to my local Computer Shop and bought a 30ft cable for £6.99 now I keep falling over it.:)

• Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 4

3 hours ago, KNP said:

Arhh....now I see

9d5682109aa059cd11f8c0f8c18c440b.jpg.d0f3473793fdb6e27b3e375c7f03b5bf.jpg

• Funny 6

• RMweb Premium

Morning Kevin @KNP not sure if the express will accept it, but I use the wifi add-on for my Prodigy.

The gizmo is £110 https://www.gaugemasterretail.com/magento/model-railways/gaugemaster-dcc-brand5/gaugemaster-dcc05.html which links into the Prodigy, download an app and you can control everything on your 'phone.

It makes it so much easier to use. No wires to trip over etc.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 3

Thanks chaps.

I have just come from a tablet and I wanted to get back to the good old fashioned rotary speed control.

WiFi is a great idea but it is only 1.2m across from one leg of the layout to the other so with my 2m lead I can easy face each side without getting tangled up.

I now have 7 of the 8 working loco moving around gracefully and under full control.

The only problematic loco is the Pannier 8752 which has a very old Hornby chip in it which refuses to talk to the DCC01, so I have just ordered a couple of new Zimo ones.

Can’t leave a good Pannier behind!!!!

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 3

Busy morning in and around engine shed....

431473CB-FEEF-4046-BE62-930079417D69.jpeg.c889801bb51e957caabbdcc077d9edf3.jpeg

And to think they arrived from Encombe Town and parked here under their own steam....no hand from the sky was involved in this picture to set it up!!!

Boy, have I had to do some intense track cleaning though!

• Like 19

Why I’m happy with just a lead.

Pull out the shelf and I have something to lay the controller on....

580675B5-046E-4344-B35D-85CE84DA8932.jpeg.a5d1da9a47b6fa5f48cca1199a65a06d.jpeg

This is the third reincarnation of a control system for Little Muddle.

First was the Select with stud and probe for the points.

Then came Railmaster and e-link.

And now the Prodigy express and separate point switches boosted by a cdu which is how it will stay till the end. (I think!!)

Seems to be working very well..

• Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
On 06/03/2020 at 17:08, KNP said:

STOP PRESS

Kevin

We are all adults here, but if I may say, I think you need to give us due warning if you get the urge to have a tug. :wacko:

Tony

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 12

2 minutes ago, Tony Teague said:

Kevin

We are all adults here, but if I may say, I think you need to give us due warning if you get the urge to have a tug. :wacko:

Tony

My apologies.

I will indeed give advance warning of one appearing on the horizon.....! :good_mini:

To save confusion and problems in the future I will refer to it as a powerful vessel designed for pulling things through the water.

Hope this helps.

• Like 4