Little Muddle

KNP

Thanks

The sack is just a rectangular piece of fine count linen same as that used for Misty’s sails.

Painted Earth Brown, black wash, folded over a knife blade and fixed to fence wire with UHU. Held in place with a small clamp until set.

There is a similar piece by the ‘old sea dog’ sitting on the harbour steps.....

Edited by KNP
  • Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Gold
On 01/04/2020 at 09:00, Mick Bonwick said:

That's because he knows how long he's likely to have to wait.

And he'll hear the clang when it is pulled off.  They used to hang buckets on the outlet signals of loops that they were likely to be held at for long periods so they could 'rest their eyes'...

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, Anotheran said:

But one if the details that really got me was the sack that's been left draped over the fence by the chap who's presumably popped into the hut for a cup of tea. Whether that's the story or not, the fact that it's there screams out that there is a story being told!

This is IMHO a much better way of going about suggesting human presence than figures frozen in action or the passenger waiting on the platform who is still waiting after the train has gone, fair enough at a big station like Encombe but all sorts of wrong at a BLT where everyone in the village knew the times of the trains and didn't leave home until they'd heard the approaching whistle.  Open doors or windows, bicycles or ladders left unattended, half unloaded vehicles, half empty mugs of tea on windowsills, unattended open bags of tools, all almost subliminally suggesting that there are people about, and they'll be back any minute...

Kevin is brilliant at this sort of sub-conscious modelling.

• Like 6
  • Agree 11
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

I saw these words above one picture and had to check I was still in the same thread - "Speeding across the viaduct"

Seriously has anything ever sped anywhere in Little Muddle. Seems like the sort of place where when Bill's pipe break takes less than 10 mins people think he's in a rush.

Enjoying the sheer range of shots you keep finding for us.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pirouets said:

I saw these words above one picture and had to check I was still in the same thread - "Speeding across the viaduct"

Seriously has anything ever sped anywhere in Little Muddle. Seems like the sort of place where when Bill's pipe break takes less than 10 mins people think he's in a rush.

Enjoying the sheer range of shots you keep finding for us.

The only time anything has sped on this railway is when my grandson gets hold of the controller!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Funny 11
  • Friendly/supportive 3

Similar here, just keeping ourselves to ourselves, only going out when absolutely necessary.

I have to say though.....the garden has never looked so tidy and well cared for...…!

• Agree 1
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

18 minutes ago, KNP said:

Similar here, just keeping ourselves to ourselves, only going out when absolutely necessary.

I have to say though.....the garden has never looked so tidy and well cared for...…!

Ours cringes every time we go out there. They’ve started calling my missus “scissorhands”. Mind you, it was me who pollarded the willow.

Rich 

• Friendly/supportive 3

5 minutes ago, Ponthir28 said:

Please keep photos coming as it keeps me sane in this mad world. As my wife works in NHS she is really starting to worry.

More of a lurker but love your layout.

Please feel free to lurk and thanks for the comment.

I will keep posting so long as I can keep finding things to take pictures of.

I do have over 2700 pictures in my folder so I could go back the early days before I started to post in earnest on this thread and resurrect them. 

My wife also works for the NHS and taking her to and from work is strange as the roads are so quiet.

Strange times we are living in....

Keep smiling and keep safe

• Friendly/supportive 16

Just want to say that I really enjoy looking at these photos - please keep them coming. The modelling is fantastic and the scenes are full of atmosphere. Everything looks so timeless and relaxed...... a brilliant antidote to the real world at any time - but especially now.

Jon

• Like 1
  • Agree 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Neal Ball said:

Looks great where it is

It’s gone now......

Just an empty bridge remains with the Colonel still fishing nearby!

Still waiting for that elusive first catch!

• Like 1
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

16 minutes ago, Jon4470 said:

Just want to say that I really enjoy looking at these photos - please keep them coming. The modelling is fantastic and the scenes are full of atmosphere. Everything looks so timeless and relaxed...... a brilliant antidote to the real world at any time - but especially now.

Jon

Many thanks for that.

I will try my best to keep the pictures coming.

I have a special tomorrow where I will post three of a sequence, couldn’t decided which was best but then realised they worked better together.

More tomorrow.

I will need to take some more pictures as these will the last from the recent photo shoot.

I find having a hobby like this one I can go and get lost for a few hours, or take a break and work on something for a short while, which recharges the batteries ready to carry on.

Keep on modelling I say but more importantly keep safe.

Edited by KNP
  • Like 8
  • Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Gold

That’s a very sporty wooden steering wheel on the lorry -  does it have the performance to match.? Our school bus was a 1929 Thorneycroft and it certainly wasn’t fast.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2