Little Muddle

KNP

• RMweb Gold
On 04/04/2020 at 07:50, KNP said:

Latest on the Thornycroft lorry build.

Picture shows the lorry out on a test run prior to heading over to Bridgewater for final DCC works.

What,

no, no not that DCC but the workshop for.....

Department for Cameo Conversion 

See that one, I'm not having a chip added though I did notice a scratch on side the other day but that has now been fixed...?

No more will be posted on the lorry cameo until it is finished and set up....

I can say work is proceeding at a leisurely pace! 

Whatever you do, don't load the lorry with a crate!

• Agree 5
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Gold
55 minutes ago, KNP said:

A few ideas already but saying that, if anyone has any areas they would like to see again that let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Call it a Request Shoot....

Greenery.

There is a goodly amount of the green stuff in your model, so I think we would all benefit from seeing fresh green (request) shoots.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, KNP said:

Good morning on this bright and sunny Sunday morning.

To honest I would have preferred a cold, wet and windy day so the temptation to go out would have been dramatically reduced.....

I have a few favourite places for taking pictures, the viaduct, the goods yard from low down and bay platform at Encombe Town but there is one that for some reason I don't do enough of and that's the curving branch leading off the main line towards the viaduct.

Used to take many a picture from there but for some reason not recently so to rectify that I set the camera up sitting on the top off the track, used remote access via my iPhone as I can't see the rear screen to compose the picture and took this sequence of snaps of 4825 with the autocoach sweeping around the bend towards the bay platform.

Enjoy

2770.jpg.7905850856133afb13c51ff930e909a2.jpg

2771.jpg.b70a5359a2e80434e8a2670da91c5345.jpg

2772.jpg.f6fc3757265668a3669966cf59ffebea.jpg

Regardless of the history of this model this was a superb rendition of a lovely little train which is still my all time favorite GWR loco

I will be setting up the layout for a photo shoot this afternoon as I have run out of stored pictures so I'm starting to think what to set up and what stock I need to get out of storage. 

A few ideas already but saying that, if anyone has any areas they would like to see again that let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Call it a Request Shoot....

Keep Smiling,

Keep Safe,

Keep Indoors.

I'd love to see more pictures of 4825 please.

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

20 hours ago, KNP said:

2770.jpg.7905850856133afb13c51ff930e909a2.jpg

This would be my favorite view of Little Muddle. The impression of a little used branch line curving away from the mainline and disappearing into the trees, wondering where it goes.

Regards, Les

• Like 8
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

After decades of 'helicopter' views (apologies to Sopwith pilots) it is refreshing to see photographs taken from realistic heights. Since photographic technology has permitted such shots to be achieved (relatively) easily, the realism portrayed has increased dramatically. My choice, therefore is the first of your latest two, Kevin, and thank you for continuing to entertain us.

• Like 1
  • Agree 6
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, KNP said:

2783.jpg.0dff7e062c9622ee5596b4663db8e669.jpg

Just beautiful Kevin! Your brace of 48s are perfect and inspiring.

I'm in the process of building a chassis for a body that I bought from eBay - my first EM gauge loco for my model of West Bay.

Thanks again,

Doug

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
39 minutes ago, KNP said:

Hmm doesn't quite work does it....

2780.jpg.0e43ba5d210e774d9075d95675fe5b98.jpg

Please excuse my photographic ignorance, but what is wrong with that? All I can see that could be improved is the repositioning of the coach so that the driver's windows can be seen.

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

51 minutes ago, Mick Bonwick said:

Please excuse my photographic ignorance, but what is wrong with that? All I can see that could be improved is the repositioning of the coach so that the driver's windows can be seen.

Well.

To my eyes the balance is wrong as I cut the lower foreground off thereby spoiling the composure of the picture.

plus - monochrome seems to highlight that many sea moss sprigs have disappeared from the treetops, manly by the sleeve on my jumper, making it look to stumpy!

Then, and this was my fault when taking the picture, what was I actually focusing on. I always try to take a picture with something as the main subject whether that be a loco, building, person, vehicle etc and balance the picture around that even if it appears off centre.

Many seem picky but every picture gets the same treatment, some work, some don’t and I hate to think of the number that never see the light of day and get scrapped.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold

Your first two resaons would only be apparent to you and my eyes were drawn to the ruined shed. That, for me, was the main focus of the scene and so it worked fine.

I completely understand the concept of scrapping photographs in this digital age, although mine still seem to hang around for ages years. A sort of, "might be able to do something with it one day", approach.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, Mick Bonwick said:

Your first two resaons would only be apparent to you and my eyes were drawn to the ruined shed. That, for me, was the main focus of the scene and so it worked fine.

I completely understand the concept of scrapping photographs in this digital age, although mine still seem to hang around for ages years. A sort of, "might be able to do something with it one day", approach.

Everybody sees different things and it's fascinating that you focused on that part of the picture, Mick. I didn't see that until you mentioned it.

The original image is really two photos in one and we can see what you saw by cropping out the left side, which is then a nicer composition:

573010503_LMcrop.png.c2eaae5a18cc9e9ace92a7223909dcc3.png

Edited by Harlequin
  • Like 3
  • Agree 3

8 minutes ago, Harlequin said:

Everybody sees different things and it's fascinating that you focused on that part of the picture, Mick. I didn't see that until you mentioned it.

The original image is really two photos in one and we can see what you saw by cropping out the left side, which then becomes more nicely composed:

573010503_LMcrop.png.c2eaae5a18cc9e9ace92a7223909dcc3.png

Agree.

I needed to have gone back to the editing suite before posting and crop the picture more than  I did.

I think this has been mentioned before but the cropping tool is a very powerful and usual tool when finalising a picture.

Edited by KNP
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

I go with your favourite - it gets the name on the gate and has less sky.

Of course I am looking at this through a computer screen half way across the world with reading glasses on!

• Friendly/supportive 2

21 hours ago, Bogie said:

I go with your favourite - it gets the name on the gate and has less sky.

Of course I am looking at this through a computer screen half way across the world with reading glasses on!

And upside down!

• Agree 3